2008 FJ Cruiser

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

awesome vehicle

by geofj from long island on May 30, 2011

this fj has all the power and reliability you would expect from toyota. plenty of power, rides smooth on the road. the 4x4 works great in the snow, and on the beach. the gas mileage is what you would expect for a vehicle this size. if you want better mileage, get a mini cooper. i have 40k and hoping to get 300k out of it. as long as this truck is your personal taste, get it! runs great and kicks butt in the snow. people who complain about the blindspots should understand what you are driving. the only negative is the suicide doors. not good in parking lots. getting in and out of the back seat is a chore for adults. otherwise it's an awesome vehicle.

Versatile Vehicle

by Maine Man from Portland .Maine on January 28, 2009

This is truly an awesome vehicle. It handles all weather conditions with ridiculous ease. The manual gearbox model is tremendous fun to drive. If I were obliged to define the FJ Cruiser using only one word, it would be versatile. I have other vehicles, but everytime I'm out and about in my FJ and I see other trucks / suvs, I can't help but smile when I see vehicles that are twice the price and half the package. Well done Toyota. I love it....

Balanced

by ames from indianapolis on August 29, 2008

As a single mother of two I realized that I needed to buy a dependable vehicle. I love that Toyota has a great history of dependable cars and buying my F.J. met all of my needs. She is dependable, spacious, has great storage and is fun. The blind sights were easily fixed by adding two circular mirrors to my side mirrors, problem fixed. I go out of my way to hit puddles, my boys love this. It is fantastic in any harsh weather including snow. The safety features keep me assured that we will get home safely. The F. J. also comes with a full sized extra tire. I did have a flat once while off roading and I pulled out my little kit and with the help of a friend we had the new tire on in minutes. I would say that the kit for the lifting is flimsy for a vehicle of this type so having a sturdier kit would probably benefit any owner. The inside is very basic but very particle. It gets dirty so fast with crumbs, dirt, etc? I just take out the carpeted pads and wash the floorboard with Mr. Clean and she looks and smells like new. With the gas prices so high I have thought about getting a smaller car that is better on gas, but my families safety and security is far more important to me than the cost of gas, I just have to compromise in other areas. Without any doubt I love my F.J. she is everything and more than I expected and by far the best vehicle I have ever had.

Best I have ever owned

by Pastord from Fort Worth,TX on March 4, 2009

I wanted an FJ even before I bought my 2008 Honda Element. When I traded up, up, and I mean up! I see that the quality in design and performance is everything I wanted. The Element was great... but the only thing that can even come close are the side doors both open the same way.

sports car lover turned FJ lover

by FJ noir from phoenix on April 15, 2011

After owning Acuras for the last 8 yrs, and paying for premium only gas, the FJ is a great vehicle and not a gas guzzler like most think. I actually spend less and still enjoy the power of a V6! Love this vehicle for on and off road!

Trail teams edition 2008

by Ani from Bay area, california on August 23, 2011

I bought my 2008 trail teams fj cruiser about three months ago and I absolutely love it!! Third time is the charm, I actaully had my eye on two of these same trucks and right before I was about to go look at them, someone bought it right out from underneath me. I finally found mine in Nevada. Just from the car ride home to the bay area I had fallen in love. Everything on the truck is awesome, from the exterior look to stereo, it is an amazing truck. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone!!

BEST BUILT VEHICLE ON THE PLANET!

by Oil Camp Manager from Edmonton Canada on August 14, 2012

Canada's oilfield outback puts vehicles through the toughest test in the world - from muskeg swamps to 50 below weather. The fj trumps all vehicles on our sites, including the hummers and jeeps. It is not a Toyota, it is built by HINO and is only marketed and maintained by Toyota. Hino is a commercial truck manufacturer in Japan - the fj is built to commercial quality. Buy this vehicle if you want a vehicle that will last 50 years and will not break down......challenge - try and find an fj owner who does not think their vehicle is the best built in the world.....you will not find one....check out the fj on youtube...there is nothing else like it. ..

Reliable and safe everyday.

by Desert Rat from Palm Springs California on July 5, 2009

Excellent truck. This baby can go anywhere and in all weather conditions. Handles the desert heat and dust very well I would recommend this truck to anybody who has kids and wants a reliable and safe ride. Running costs are very reasonable indeed and overall the FJ is a very practical vehicle.

best truck ever by toyota

by big-o from new york,NY on July 11, 2008

I've had my Fj cruiser for 18 months now, it is absolutely great compared to our's 2005 4runner v8. The truck is not too heavy and it is easy to operate in new york city traffic. Since I bought the truck I let my wife drive the 4runner with envy in her eyes. My only regret is I wish the truck came with sunroof/moonroof whatever you want to call it

Just Awesome

by FJ Heaven from Las Vegas on April 19, 2009

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have had this for a year and it is just a lot of fun. I put a six inch lift and 18 mud tires and rims on this car.I have gotten more people asking about this car more than any car I have ever had.The interior is great if you spend time in the dirt or have kids/little league clay washes out with a hose!It does have a few blind spots but i fixed that with a back up camera. Get this car and you will not regret it!

1 2 3 4