Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2010 FJ Cruiser

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Have You Driven the 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser?

FJ Cruiser - Performance Plus

by TheOldOffRoader from Willmar, MN on Fri Mar 25 2011

Strengths: I bought the cruser new in December 2010 after riding in a used one. The performance was simply surprising - When I pass and push down on the throttle - it sits me back in the seat and shoots around the traffic. After 7500 miles, my wife and I continue to be impressed with the comfort of the front seats and their adjustability. The headlights actually light up the road and the brights offend all oncoming cars if I forget to drop to low beams. The traction on Minnesota snow is impressive - the slipping tire is automatically restrained by the braking system and sounds alerts when traction is reduced. The rear locking differential works great, unless the FJ is resting on the skidplates on the snow with all four tires in the air. The grab assists for getting in and out of the FJ are conveniently placed and helpful for us older folks. The wide-openning rear hatch makes access convenient. Limitations: When installing a child restraint seat in the back seat, it is difficult to grab the seat belt, pull it across the child and latch it in the other side. The gas mileage in the winter ranges from 15 to 18.5 miles per gallon. Although adults ride in the rear seat, the back of the rear seat is not adjustable and tends to sit up to straight. Ice and snow tends to build up on the front and rear of the FJ when it sits outside during a snow storm, making access to the engine and rear hatch difficult. View through the rear-view mirror is reduced and the side mirrors require the addition of small helper mirrors to see the dead zones.

a neat vehicle

by Tranger from Medford, Oregon on Thu Dec 09 2010

diappointed with lack of some essential products as far as I am concerned...no fog lights, no satellite radio...did come with 6 cd changer...love that....would not have bought it if it didn't come with that feature..great in snow and great on the highway...just came back from a 6000 mile trip and was extremely pleased with the overall performance...very comfortable seats..never got tired of driving...some days went little over 800 miles..no fatigue sat in...camera could work better..will buy another when the warranty runs out on this one...love the height...near perfect vehicle for me.....

FJ Madness

by Curbur from IL on Thu Jul 01 2010

Ive had my FJ for 2 months now and love it. Prior to purchase, I feared the MPG, but am very satisified with the overall 19mpg, (21 on the road). She is solid and rides really smooth for a SUV. The rear visibility is horrendous, but I have learned how to manage it with the large mirrors and rearview camera.

great performance and ride

by jean from new england on Fri Jan 28 2011

I have the army green , I love it. it handles great and rides is smooth. gas milage is ok. plenty of power for pick up and passing on the highway. off road performance is great, can wade up to 27'' of water. no problems so far.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

If I could sleep in it, I would

by 5dogmom from Ozarks, land of Bill and Hill on Wed Feb 27 2013

Purchased 2010 FJ Cruiser about two weeks ago with fewer than 20,000 miles. Drove about 200 miles to get it, so I got to test it on state highways, interstate and local roads. This vehicle handles better than anything I have ever driven. No one will believe this, but it rivals my BMW Z3, at least at realistic roadway speeds. The seating is very adjustable and comfortable; I'm short and have no problems with visibility, as many have suggested, or reaching anything that I need to while driving. I have sat in the back seat and it felt plenty roomy and access was no problem. I have enough room for groceries in the back and can get 5 various size (none small) dogs in with no problem. (The cats aren't interested.) The exterior has great, retro styling. I have added a brush guard, rear bumper guard, tail light guards, nerf bars, spare tire cover and window visors. My husband, who is an outdoor fanatic, is so jealous I almost feel sorry for him. I have let him drive it around the block.

If you don't want to buy it, don't test drive it!

by KenpoMaster from Chicago, IL on Thu Oct 03 2013

I took this vehicle for a drive in the hopes of not liking it! I knew the gas mileage was horrible so I tried my best to not like it. That ended once I drove it. It's a blast to drive, smoother ride than I expected (built on the Camry platform) and very eye catching (one of the main reasons I bought it)! I'm using it to advertise my business and the yellow stands out all by itself. I drive very little, and mostly city, so my MPG is around 15/gal. If you don't drive a bunch and want a really fun ride, this is your Jammer!

Useful, stylish, and outstanding!

by Livermore gearhead from Livermore , Ca on Fri Dec 21 2012

I had a 2008 FJ come into my shop and that's where my interest began. I purchased a 2010 with 24k on it with a 6speed manual transmission. It's very roomy, lots if leg and headroom. The back seats are wide but not too much legroom. Tons of cargo area as well as the roof rack. It's very easy to maneuver and park. The back up camera is a life saver since there are huge blind spots thanks to the enormous C pillar and small mirrors. It had great torque off the line but freeway passing power is limited. Absolutley amazing off road! Only thing that keeps it from going everywhere is the tires! Great ground clearence for a stock truck! It looks like a tank but it's no lumbering beast! It's wonderful!

2010 FJ Cruiser

by Mark from Pennsylvania on Sun Dec 02 2012

I'm very happy happy with my purchased of a very well cared for, low mileage 2010 FJ Cruiser w/ the TRD and Trail Team packages. This year the color is Sandstorm for this model. The color is growing on me. It rides much better than it should for what kind of a vehicle it is. Highway performance and comfort at 80 MPH is that of a luxury car. Great stereo. Headlights are fantastic, The seats are very comfortable. I haven't had the chance yet to wring out the 4WD aspects of the truck yet, so I can't really comment on it. Yet. I love it.

Love My Funky FJ

by Funky FJ Nut from Kansas City, MO on Wed Nov 17 2010

Bought my FJ in January 2010. Love it!! Traded in a Honda Accord, so a little bit of an adjustment to the size. Gas mileage is decent...easily gets 21 mpg on the highway if I stick to the speed limit--if you are a left lane driver at 75mph all the time, you'll notice the gas mileage dropping quite a bit. Blind spots are bad so you have to get used to using your mirrors.....I drive in a lot of traffic so it took me about a week to get used to that (actually makes me more aware of vehicles around me at all times, that's not a bad thing). Interior is very comfortable.....it's a simple vehicle, but that's what it is supposed to be. It's a great snow hog!! My driveway has a steep hill on it and my front-wheel drive car never would make it up the driveway if there was more than an inch of snow on it. The FJ can make it up the driveway not even using 4-wheel drive. Awesome! Do have to use a step ladder when I wash the vehicle...it's pretty tall! Acceleration is very decent for the size and the weight of the vehicle. The V6 is very smooth. The FJ on the highway is very smooth running.....doesn't ride rough at all. If you are looking for a funky 4-wheel drive vehicle, you'll love the FJ. I'd buy another one in a minute!!

best all around vehicle

by 5 Star FJ from PA on Thu Jul 15 2010

Second FJ we have owned. Rear view camea fixed only design limitation(somewhat limited rear visibility) we found with our 2007 model, which is staying in the family. Dealers who responded to our internet search were arrogant, had a take it or leave it attitude, and would not find the Manual Transmission version which was the one non-negotiable feature for us. Finally we contacted a local dealer under new management. Salesman was Great. Entire deal conducted by telephone until paperwork had to be signed. Got what we wanted at the price we were willing to pay. No hassles. FJ is comfortable and like Rolls Royce, it has sufficient(actually more than sufficient) power. Manual Transmission model has all wheel drive,lockable center and rear differentials, excellent seats, fantastic sound system, is satelite radio ready, ground clearance is generous. This is a go anywhere vehicle, from off road where there are no trails to fight brush and forest fires to interstate trips on vacation and handles city driving without hesitation. Ride is very comfortable in all conditions, all roads. Our stable of vehicles include a 2006 Mustang GT, 1996 Toyota RAV 4(primary emergency response vehicle for fire and ambulance calls), 1979 Jeep CJ 5, 1996 Dodge Ram 3500,2004 Dodge Ram 2500, and a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser. We are both healthly, very active senior citizens, and every one of our vehicles is well used and maintained.

1 2 3