2012 FJ Cruiser

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Finally bought one after 3 yrs of looking...

by Noob FJ owner from Mount Laurel, NJ on January 20, 2013

And I love it! I was unsure if I should spend the money but the FJ is everything I hoped it would be and more. I think the ride is pretty darned good for a big SUV like this and unlike most others, this will work off road unlike those who only seeit when they run over azaleas at the bottom of the driveway. I've had much better gas mileage than the 18 highway they quoted (more like 21-22) but I do drive pretty conservatively. Interior is nice without a bunch of nonsense. I can't wait until summer for the beach and surf fishing plus am confident the missus won't have trouble getting to work when nasty weather hits (snow, etc.; she works in a hospital). If you're considering one, dive in, you won't be disappointed!

Best on & off road vehicle you can buy

by FJ TRD Owner from Chicago, IL on January 17, 2013

I've been a Wrangler owner for many years but after owning my FJ for some time now, I can honestly say this is the best off road vehicle I have ever had. It has many "creature comforts" that the Wrangler doesn't have and seems much more reliable with better on & off road performance.

Uses car for Off-roading

NEW FJ

by Toyota Guy from Fort Irwin, CA on November 28, 2012

GREAT ON ROAD FOR A 4x4, our family loves this SUV. We have only had this vehicle 2 months and already fut 4000 miles on it. DESERT, VEGAS, San Diego, MTNs and SNOW.

Great ride

by Jim from Everett, WA on February 23, 2013

The FJ Cruise is everything that I thought it would be. It supassed my expectations. I am looking forward to many years of fun in my FJ.

Only car I have ever thought I will keep forever

by gbert from Wausau, WI on January 7, 2018

FJ Cruiser is best vehicle I have owned and only car I have ever said "I'm keeping this forever"! No mechanical problems yet and 145,000 and going strong on 2012

BEST SUV YOU CAN BUY

by Tod from Portland on June 30, 2014

GREAT RELIABLITY AND GREAT PERFORMANCE. I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE BESIDES A OLD GRANDMA. HER TO IF SHE CAN HADLE IT. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!

Great SUV

by TheGR8one from Dallas, Texas on June 19, 2012

I thought I was going to buy a truck, but decided that I needed more cargo room and with the tow package I could get a trailer if I need to haul something bigger. I looked a lot of cars. I almost went with a Jeep Wrangler Umlimited until I saw the bad crash test ratings. Then I found this and did all the research first. It's 5 star crash rated. I liked everything about it while I was researching it. I went to test drive one without the intent of buying, but after I drove it I knew it was the SUV for me. I hate the way all SUV's look. This car is tough looking and backs it up. It drives great no matter if it is around town, on the highway, or off road. If you off road you will love it. If you ever go mudding...you will have a blast. Over all great SUV. The only reason I gave it 4 stars was I would like a sun roof. I know they don't put them in because of the roll cage, but I would still like to have had the option. If you are looking at a tough SUV that is a blast to drive you have to go and check one of these out.

More than I expected!

by FJ = LOVE IT!! from Missouri on February 1, 2012

I recently purchased a new FJ Cruiser. I purchase a new vehicle every couple of years and 4 years ago I REALLY wanted one, but my Husband had another vehicle in mind and overlooked my wants. I do have to say thanks to him I'm VERY glad I waited till 2012 to purchase my new FJ. The added features that are now standard take this little buggy from an off road honey to a crown jewel. This is one of my most loved purchases. It may be classified as a "utility" vehicle, but this business woman LOVES hers. VERY comfortable, smooth ride and no one out does Toyota's transmission. I never even feel it shift! I must say I wasn't too keen on the color combos that were the only option until the later models, but getting to purchase a solid iceberg white made it the perfect vehicle for me. It's roomy, safe and now available with all the bells and whistles. I LOVE MY FJ!! I would recommend this vehicle to anyone that wants the great value and craftsmanship that Toyota offers along with a whole lot of fun!! In comparison to the Chevy Tahoe, Chevy Traverse and Mazda CX-9, which I?ve owned all, the FJ Cruiser is at the top of list when it comes to feeling safe and comfortable.

Great Car, a couple of suggestions

by firstfj from Rural Western Colorado, CO on October 31, 2012

The driver seat could be improved by making it a six-way power seat. (I'm very short.) The instruments on top of the dash obstruct my view a bit, and could be or not placed on top of the dash. The antennae should be on a power up/down control if the antennae must be removed for auto carwash. When purchasing the car the dealer should not push the extended warranty, putting even more pressure on an already high-stress process for the buyer. This is an especially lame argument when offering Toyota Care. Love the third windshield wiper in front. Love the lift-window in the back. Love the sound system, love the acoustics, especially with the metal interior. Very comfortable. I wish the back-up visibility was a bit better. The camera doesn't work for me unless I remove my glasses, and then I can't see anything else. (Can't wear bi-focals to drive). The beeper does help. I feel very safe in the car. Mirrors are great. The lights are also very good at night.

Great truck

by Yrer from South Salem NY on February 1, 2012

This is not a luxury vehicle ride. It is a truck like vehicle with terrific performance and the degree of comfort that you would expect. I chose the manual transmission which provides options for driving in tough conditions, the kind of conditions where this vehicle excels. Add a quality set of snow tires and you can't do better.

1 2 3