2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Reliable car, pricey to maintain.

by from Haverhill on September 10, 2017

Plenty of room, towing is decent (mpg goes down to 18), great sound insulation, hybrid battery is still going strong after 11 years, overall very good quality vehicle.

Highlander Hybrid Limited

by from Boston on July 29, 2017

Amazing truck offers incredible size, dependability, safety, and versatility. A fantastic truck for urban and mountain uses.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

The best vehicle I have owned

by from Oregon WI on July 18, 2017

I have owned it for 9 very few problems if any, good mileage and comfortable. I would buy another one for sure.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Extremely durable and reliable car.

by from Los Angeles on July 13, 2017

The Toyota Highlander is by far my favorite car I've owned. It is durable and reliable, and has pushed through all of the wear and tear I've put on it. From driving it up and down California, to driving it through the streets of LA. The mileage is also pretty good for a truck.

High quality

by from Dublin,Ohio on May 11, 2017

This is our first hybrid and since Toyota has been in the hybrid business since the late 90's we decided to buy the 2006 Highlander Hybrid. This is a very well rated vehicle and the one we found is a one owner, always garaged nearly like new SUV with over 160,000 miles. I plan on using it as an Uber vehicle and will likely drive it over 80,000 miles in the next 2 years. Ask me in two years how it does.

164896 miles and still rolling along just fine

by from cupertino ca on May 10, 2017

we have had our hybrid highlander for nearly 11 years and it is working great. We get an average of just over 26 MPG. Only major repair was covered under the toyota warranty early on -- the inverter needed to be replaced. Other than that, it hasn't had anything other than scheduled maintenance. Now for the issues: The AC blows hot sometimes (just need to adjust the temp control and it is fine), the radio volume control is erratic (need to play with it to get the volume you want), the driver's arm rest cushion is totally flat (I sewed a pillow on top of it), the paint is starting to look like it is ten years old (well, I am starting to look like I am 70). And, you already know this, seats 6 and seven are really small.

It is too early to determine reliability.

by from Dublin, Ohio on April 20, 2017

This is our first hybrid and it has 165000 mile on it. While it is in excellent condition and appears to be well maintained only time will tell how ling it will last. Our goal is to reach 300,000 mi...
This is our first hybrid and it has 165000 mile on it. While it is in excellent condition and appears to be well maintained only time will tell how ling it will last. Our goal is to reach 300,000 mile.

Expensive but feels luxurious to drive

by from Los Angeles on April 12, 2017

Four stars on interior design was for the strange cup holders. Value for Money four stars because it is an expensive car when new, of course, and even for several years after purchase. The mpg is not really great, but certainly better than a comparable 6 cylinder SUV that is not a hybrid. It has a third seat which is great for family outings.

10 Years old and like new

by from Chicago, IL on April 10, 2017

The best thing about cars like a Highlander is they are almost always well taken care of and seldom abused. At 10 years and 148,000 miles this car runs beautifully and is solid as a rock. I think I'll keep it.

Love it!

by from Wauwatosa, WI on November 21, 2012

Just recently purchased the 2006 Limited (2 weeks ago), after looking at them and contemplating buying one for over a year. I paid a little less than $15k for a loaded model with just under 90k miles and one owner. I absolutely love driving it - a step up from the plush minivan that I had been driving. I got over 400 miles on my first tank of gas with mixed driving - an average of 27 mpg for November in WI. I like the way it looks, both inside and out. I am looking forward to taking it on a couple of long winter trips next month!