1988 Toyota Land Cruiser

They don't make it like these anymore.

by from SAN FRANCISCO on May 30, 2017

No airbags, no ABS, no Eyesight, no lane departure warning....but made of pure steel and built like a tank which makes it safe in an old school way. My daily driver is a Subaru Forester XT. Even when the car is off, it's keyless entry sensors are on poised, the onboard computer is constantly running diagnostics, and the alarm is poised to scream...basically, if I do not drive this for 2 weeks, I'm going to need a jump start. I park my '88 Land Cruiser in a storage garage with no battery tender. It was tucked away for 3 months and I went to get it because I had to haul some cargo. I brought my jumper cables as I anticipated a dead battery...but to my surprise, it started on the first crank. I then realized the only thing that the battery has to keep powered is a small LED clock. Love driving her because almost everytime I do, I incite waves, thumbs up, and conversations at the stop light. My only gripe is that for an I-6, it is THIRSTY for gas as I avg. 11MPGs.