Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1993 Land Cruiser

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser?

the best car/suv period.

by the off road king from omaha,ne on Thu Feb 18 2010

the legendary land cruiser ? hum... I heard of it but i remember that it looked like a jeep...But now is a sub? Well I gave I t a try I found one 1993 and bougth it for 2,700 bucks ,it had more than 200k but it was fair looking. I replaced the wind shield, the ac and minor details, and over all it was a good car the only complain was a lack of acceleration wich i fixed by cleaning the throtle body positioner, now it works good ,not perfect cause istill needs tuning but I'v had it for almost two years and it never lets me down ,snow or rain is perfect,i wish the past ownerd would have taken care better but oh well, I'v owned every other suv and non were as good as this one,never breaks down and people realized that land cruiser are really made for out doors. I'v tryed to selle it before but i end up changing my mind. I guess she has been such good old car that ,I guees i will drive it untill it completly brakes down!

Original Land Cruiser Owner

by Dacrow from Chandler, AZ on Fri Dec 02 2016

Bought my 1993 Cruiser new and has been a daily driver ever since. This vehicle is a beast. It has solid comfort for on-road and is an exceptional off road vehicle. It has towed boats, carted kids (3rd row seat is handy) and done whatever required summer or harsh winter. Other than regular maintenance, it has required one radiator over 221,000 miles. I treat it well and it still drives like when it was new and looks good too. A lot of pride of ownership and one of the better decisions ever was to pony up $40K to buy this almost 25 years ago. Other than oil changes, it needs front brake pads religiously every 25K miles. That's the extent of the regular upkeep. Have had more than a few offers to buy and mostly to chop it into a dedicated off roader. Thanks anyway, I will keep it for many more years to come.

Great SUV

by ironmike from Chicago area on Tue May 12 2009

I own a 1993 Toyota Landcruiser and bought it in 2005 with about 110,000 miles on it. I have owned and driven Jeeps, Humvees, VWs, Chevys, Fords, and Nissans. This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I drive it everyday and also drive it offroad. It is as tough as nails and just keeps going. Shortly after I bought it, I got hit in the R rear q panel area by a Toyota Highlander. The Highlander's front end was destroyed. I just needed a new tire and maybe $300 in minor body work. This thing is a tank. But oh so very comfortable. My wife hates trucks and was afraid to drive it. Now she prefers to drive the Landcruiser. Great for snow or lousy streets with potholes like Chicago. I recommend without reservations of any kind.

unstoppable so far

by Cruiser fan from on Wed Feb 06 2013

Now owned my cruiser for nearly a year, and it has been great. It starts right up, never hesitates, and has handled what little snow and ice we've had this year with ease. The AWD slides less than my wife's 2010 4Runner, and I think that vehicle is great on ice. MPG's are the only downfall, but unlike other 4WDs that I have owned, mileage is consistent and doesn't drop off badly in the winter. The interior is simple by today's SUV standards, certainly it wouldn't be a luxury SUV now, but it is very comfortable and spacious. If you are looking for a reliable and safe vehicle that can go anywhere these old land cruisers are amazing.

1993 Land Cruiser, excellent for any occasion

by stingray from Phoenix on Mon Sep 11 2017

If there was ever a vehicle made to do everything it's the Toyota Land Cruiser. This SUV can concur the most challenging of off road trails while behaving itself like a luxury vehicle in the city. Land Cruisers are legendary for their off road prowess having been used for 50 plus years as safari vehicles in Serengeti and beyond. not just surviving in the harshest of conditions, but thriving there. What is surprising, is how civilized it is around town. I have 5 children, and due to this fact I have owned many a SUV, and I can honestly say that this one even though it is not the newest has been by far the best. I love the room it offers when you need to pile the entire family in one car. the 1993 Land Cruiser came standard with the 4.5 Liter Inline 6 that puts out around 300 Horse Power, so it will get up and move when you need it to. Most of all, the explorer in me loves that I can take this SUV into very rugged terrain and have the peace of mind that it will bring me home again every time.