Model Details

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Average based on 3 reviews

one reliable truck

by from Anaheim,CA on November 29, 2011

bought this '94 Land cruiser....tuned it up and fixed minor things to repair. spent at least $,1500.00 now I enjoy driving it anywhere. I just loved it!

The Best SUV Ever

by from Utah on December 14, 2012

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 172000 Miles. As strong as ever. The one car you should never sell. Maintain it, fix it if you have too. It will last a lift time.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Unquenchable thirst for gas

by from Lander, WY on July 25, 2010

They say in life we get what we pay for right? When purchasing a used vehicle this couldn't be more true. I purchased a '94 Land Cruiser with 183k miles and without the service records or knowing the previous owner. There is no question this purchase was a huge gamble. The only thing I could count on was the Land Cruiser's reputation for being a very reliable rig. Obviously the previous owner tried to improve the performance by installing an after market exhaust system (Magnaflow), a K&N air filter system and plug wires. Japanese engineers know what they are doing and the previous owner couldn't leave well enough alone. After purchasing the vehicle I put about $1,800 into the vehicle to undo what the previous owner did, the only thing that remains is the Magnaflow exhaust. Everything else is stock Toyota. The Land Cruiser does not use a rubber timing belt so you do not have to worry about replacing the timing belt every 60k - 70k miles. However, the issue you do need to be aware of every 60k - 75k miles is the front axle seal being replaced and repacked. I need to have this done and am currently seeking bids from mechanics. I believe this repair will be in the $750 - $1,500 range ($10 in parts and a $1,000 in labor). Thankfully it is not an annual repair, but once every 5 or 6 yrs under normal driving conditions. Overall the vehicle lives up to its reputation, its a tank. My only complaint is the dismal gas mileage. On a good tank I can get 17-18 MPG. Like any used vehicle purchase, be aware that you will have to put some money into it on top of the purchase price. It is wise to have some extra cash if the vehicle needs a timing belt replaced, new tires, new battery, shocks, brakes, or whatever else is needed to get the vehicle in good running order. If you know the previous owner and have a history of the service records your a well informed consumer and can make a good informed decision. If your fllying blind like I did when I purchased this Land Cruiser, make sure your buying a vehicle with a stout reputation. I hope this review helps someone considering buying a used Land Cruiser. The only thing I would recommend is making sure your gas card has a steady stream of cash.