Find out if this car is the best match for you.
1996 Land Cruiser

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser

Have You Driven the 1996 Toyota Land Cruiser?

typical Toyota

by junkhater from Seattle on Tue Apr 26 2011

Wanted a gig to tow a small boat, utility trailer, get me to fishing spots through back woods and primitive roads with safety and RELIABILITY. What used vehicle falls into this nitch? Toyota Landcruiser, Tacoma, or Forerunner is a good bet. Parts are available and in abundant supply. Though my LC is fifteen years old it has had previous good care and has a respectable resale value, too. Must find a well care for low mileage one and love it some more. Can't go wrong.......

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

superb vehicle - if only it got better mpg

by land bruiser from WA on Sat May 23 2009

i love my landcruiser. goes everywhere anytime, even the hills and slick surfaces when its snowy and icy and others are left by the wayside. crawls up any surface i've tried, even towing a trailer around our ridiculously steep lower yard. very very comfy on long drives, all 3 dogs huskies fit fine. A truly great vehicle. Only one i could drive up steep inclines with nary a spin or slip. Best all-around vehicle i've ever owned.

Land Crusher

by Bobbo from Boston on Tue Apr 08 2014

Best car I have ever owned. It is 18 years old and my 1996 LC drives great and has 186K. MPG is terrible at 14.5 MPG for a V6 but it never gets stuck and its rides like a car. It is amazing in the sand. The Saudi swear by them and you always see them in the desert which usually means life of death if you have a problem.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

cruiser

by cruiser from Carlsbad, California on Wed Oct 26 2011

Land Cruisers are the perfect vehicle. I've driven mine for over 12 years and never had any issues. Extremely dependable, excellent quality and a lot of fun. Now if I could afford a brand new one $85,000.

My most reliable vehicle I own and still own

by TheLandCruiser from Arlington Va on Sun Aug 12 2018

Owning my Toyota Landcuriser has been a part of our family. She has been there throughout each of my grandchildren?s lives. Tutoring many neighborhood students, and delivered meals to so many . My Landcuriser and I still driving along. Even though she?s getting older each year. Toyota Landcuriser best car I own.

Great Truck

by Eric from Now in Belgrade, Serbia on Fri May 06 2011

I bought my slightly dented '96 LC with 47K miles on it in 2006. I took it to Africa and did 30K miles on it of which there was 10K on dirt. Got stuck only once. It was in Malawi, but that was my fault. Finally found out why the truckers never give up the middle of the dirt road. The shoulder will even give a LC trouble. Replaced a Power Steering pump and it seemed like I was replacing brake pads all the time. Heavy vehicle. Only let me down once and lucky I was in a restaurant parking lot in Rwanda when it happened. The A/T needs the hoses changed so they don't get brittle. Would buy one again in an instant. Heavy, but nothing stops it. The performance 5-Star rating I gave it is for its indomitability, not for its accelleration, gas mileage, or top speed.

The Landcruiser Legend lives on

by Back to Basics from Saratoga, CA on Sat Jun 30 2007

I bought the '96 Landcruiser used in '99 with 45K miles. After 8 years it now has 160K miles. It is still rock solid and a lot of fun to drive. It has brought my family up to snowy Lake Tahoe many times and is great for all road trips and even the daily commute. Only had two problems - a catalytic converter issue which required an expensive replacement of both catalytic converters at about 100K. Power steering and Oxygen sensor had to be repared once. Small items given the age and miles. I consider this body style to be the last "simple and rugged" looking Landcruiser. The newer models look too elaborate and fancy for my taste, given its off-roading heritage. My son is only 12 years old and he wants me to keep it for him. I'm sure it will last that long, but the 13mpg is getting increasingly expensive.

The best.

by C.M. from Big Lake mn on Fri Dec 07 2018

Toyota Land Cruiser is the best car I have ever owned, for me is a car you can trust. It's handled any ground, the name Land Cruiser