2001 Land Cruiser

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money

All Reviews

Great SUV...Best Toyota I've owned so far

by Full Time Navy from Wisconsin on July 5, 2007

WOW! I love this truck and what I can do with it. HOWEVER, Fuel Economy is HORRIBLE!!! If you have the money to throw away every 3-4 days, then this is your kind of truck. In town I only get about 10 miles to the gallon. HWY is better, but once you get over 65mph fa-get about it!!! But hey, its a great truck and if your like me and love Toyota Land Cruisers you know how much of a pig on the gas it is. The truck is solid as a tank. Off-road capability is #1, and its comfortable going over what ever terrain you choose. It's big...so don't take corners like a lotus, and don't expect a tight U-turn in the city. The interior is dated, but in 2001 it was up to par, but the biggest thing about this truck is the reliability. It will run forever. Hints: Check the windshield air rails that direct wind and rain for drainage and flow. The pop-rivets have a tendancy of coming loose and falling out. You can replace them your self in about an hour. **but pop rivet gun anyway** -The 60,000 mile service is enough to give you a heart attack...$1,200!!! Be ready for that one! -Timing belt at 90,000 for sure, but be ready to drop another $1,000 since you need the transmission serviced at the same time...AWD is pricey!!! -Take out the third row seats when not in use...they are heavy and can help with fuel economy. -Best tires I've used with greatest result are Bridgestone Dueler AT. Helps in winter, and road noise is not bad.

Best Vehicle Purchase

by Car Guy from Beaverton, OR on May 31, 2010

I am in the car business, have owned 25+ vehicles personally, and have driven thousands. This is by far the best vehicle purchase my wife and I have made. We were looking for a full size suv with the third row for room and safety. We almost purchased a Seqouia, wich are great vehicles as well. We made the right choice stepping up to the Land Cruiser. We bought a 2004 Land Cruiser two weeks ago and could not be happier. Land Cruisers are a rare breed and we get compliments on a daily basis. (people know that they are quality) Good Luck!

Greatest 4x4 ever created

by Twisted from 95207 on June 20, 2011

Greatest 4x4 ever created. We've owned it for 10 years and plan on driving it for another years. Knock on wood now.

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

by CPG3 from Marion County, Oregon on July 3, 2015

Having traded my Jeep Grand Cherokee for this car, I wished I had purchased the Land Cruiser in the first place. I bought this car new in 2001 and still own and drive in now in 2015. I have not had to pay for anything beyond routine maintenance. The comparison to the Jeep which I owned 8 years is that the Jeep cost me more to purchase, maintain, and repair than to purchase, maintain, and repair the Land Cruiser, which by the way had a sticker price two and a half times that of the Jeep. Both were purchased new. The land cruiser rides like a luxury vehicle, has only been in the shop for routine maintenance, is spacious enough for my most extreme needs, and is as awesome off road as on. The only down side is the gas mileage, which for me is 12 city and 17 highway. This milage has been consistent, though, regardless of driving loaded or empty. I even drove across country, fully loaded with heavy gear and had a fully loaded Yakama Space Case on top plus two bicycles on top and two more on a hitch mounted bike rack and still got 17mpg highway. I plan on keeping this car for as long as I can drive since it shows no sign of wearing out.

it can climb anything but a tree

by Ruckus1 from Ohio on October 5, 2006

Absolutely the best vehicle we have ever owned. A little pricey in some areas. Extra keys cost $100 to $300 a pop. Of course we cant go a full week without filling up the gas tank. But we also create reasons to drive. 20min drives to get ice cream or extra visits to see parents. We picked up this vehicle from an Indiana dealership who sold it $6 grand below book. He just wanted the pay off. He wasnt sure if he could get it off his lot.

True to it's heritage

by LC owner from fairfield county, connecticut on March 16, 2009

This truck is undeniable the best made SUV that exist. It is engineered to the highest specifications. The 2001 combines the rugged previous versions with up to date comfort and luxery. I have owned 2 LC so far and would continue to keep or buy them going forward.

Very reliable and durable

by Al on February 10, 2018

This vehicle provided years of enjoyment and comfort during family vacation and family outings. It accommodated the entire family along with all our luggage and gear.

Best car for any family

by Ben from Port Harcourt on April 6, 2017

I bought fair used from boss but it has been a dependable ally at all time .only the f7el consumption is extremely high .ple is the any way to reduce its level of consumption?