2006 Land Cruiser

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser

2006 Toyota Land Cruiser

Have You Driven the 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser?

superior Product

by Toyota guy from OKC, OK on Tue Apr 27 2010

I bought this 2006 Land Cruiser car certified from a dealership in Pensacola, it has 40k on it, I also own a 06 Tahoe. There is absolutely no comparison between these two cars the ride and drive of the Toyota is exceptional as is the fit and finish. The visibilty out of the car is excellent and there are NO squeaks or rattles. Bad fuel economy, but that is to be expected. There is no collapsable mirrors and dual climate control and memory seat would have been appreciated.

Awsome land cruiser

by western6 from Montana on Wed Feb 23 2011

WE bought our 2006 land cruiser in Nov of 2005. it stickerd for 63K , we paid 58K. we dorve the car for six years. No rattles squeks, unlike the suburban we owned before. In bad weather it is the best car money can buy, Very safe built like a tank. We just traded it in on a new 2011 land cruiser. We had to pay a differance of 38K, the new land cruiser stickerd for 76K. cost of ownership is lower than suv's with 70% the sticker.

A GREAT car for the money

by AJ from Pittsburgh PA on Sun Apr 01 2007

I have had 2 of these and want to get a new one. I have a 1995 and it is a great one still in excellent condition. And I have a 2006 one I love it. They are extremely big great for big families. They are great luzury cars. They have the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. They are very very roomy. They run smoothly and you dont feel most bumps. When people on the sidewalks see you riding this car they will look at you and stare at your car, they even do this to my 1995 Land Cruiser. Everyone I know loves this car they always say they want one. I reccomend this car for everyone.

3rd Landcruiser

by 3x Landcruiser from Seattle, WA on Tue Apr 23 2013

Just got the 2006...amazing vehicle and had to search hard to find the right one. I've had a 1998 and '74 FJ40. All have been amazing, reliable and I will certainly purchase again in ~8 years when I need a new one. There is no better 4x4 available in my book. NOTE: Take the thing out into the hills and get off the pavement.

Very well built

by LC100 from Grayslake Illinois on Sun Jan 29 2017

Just purchased my Land Cruiser 6 months ago, and I gotta say that is one of the smoothest best riding vehicles Ive owned. The fit and finish is outstanding, and everything works like it should. The V8 motor is smooth and very responsive, and the 5 speed tranny shifts are seamless. I sometimes use it to pull my trailer with 4 ATVs, and it does the job extremely well. It took me quite some time to locate this vehicle since most people that own them like to hang on to them for a while. I purchased this vehicle for my wife, and she always tells me how much she loves the way it drives. I also own a 2011 Nissan Armada Platinum, and I gotta say that the Land Cruiser just feels and rides better than my Nissan. I live near the Illinois/Wisconsin border, and when we get snow on the road, the Land Cruiser is unstoppable. The only complaints I have is the lack of memory drivers sitting position, power foldable outside mirrors, and the dual zone climate controls. The Land Cruiser is sold in more than 150 countries around the world. It's been a proven vehicle for decades, and is one of the best, if not the best SUV in production. For those who know TOYOTA reliability, you cannot go wrong.

Best SUV in the World

by LC Guy1 from Dallas on Thu Jan 23 2014

I've been looking to buy one for a long time but never been able to afford it with decent miles and a price. I found one in Houston Land Rover dealership and that was the best car buying experience i have ever had. Sales price was way below market value and the vehicle in awesome with only 65k miles. It rides like a strong suv and it has all the bells and whistles as standard package. I love my LC and planning to keep it for a long time.

I drove mine for 10 years!

by spencer from Memphis, TN on Sat Jun 02 2018

After 10 years she's barely broken in. Everything is tight. The ride is quiet and comfortable. Powerful V8 engine. And the reliability is unbelievable. Pretty much just been oil, tires and brakes for the first 100,000 miles. The 100,000 scheduled maintenance is pricy since they recommend replacing the timing belt, plugs and some transmission work, but for a truck that was virtually flawless for the first 100,000 miles it's well worth the investment to get another 100,000+ out of her. And the only reason I sold it was because I splurged and bought a new one!

Best Vehicle for Ski Town Moms

by Ski Mom from Lake Tahoe on Tue Jan 23 2018

Solid Winter Mountain Vehicle. Drive mountain kids to school and to skiing. Excels in deep snow if you have proper tires. Horrible gas mileage.

Solid, well built but has downsides

by Hunter from OH on Sun Feb 25 2007

Overall pleased, comfortable, smooth/powerful drive train, great off road and bad road condition capabilities, roomy, and great historical reliability, a bit frumpy styling.....but...... ....Missing some important features (in my view) one would expect in a $60K luxury SUV (some of these are not identifiable until you own it for a while)...no memory seat, no dual climate control to mitigate the climate system struggling to maintain constant temp, no rain sensing or "one touch" intermittent wiper feature, no high intensity head lights, no heat in seat back/lumbar area, JBL sound system mediocre at best, no third row heat vents and second row vents do not work well, no power fold in mirrors, handling questionable...floats at highway speeds and in windy conditions, a lot of road noise from rear wheel wells at highway speeds and in rain/slush conditions, third row seats limited utility, NAV very difficult to use for even the simplest operations ....few other nits too.... Don't get me wrong this is a good/solid vehicle just not great... Like white bread...plain and simple and solid and reliable....nothing sexy and limited creature comforts.....but at close to the average US annual salary one would expect a few more upgrades....

Does not recommend this car!!

Landcruiser 2006

by Toyota Fan from Richmond, VA on Wed May 31 2006

This vehicle drives like a dream. The features are fantastic and it is extremely reliable. The only downfall is this baby is a gas guzzler.

Does not recommend this car!!