2013 Land Cruiser

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser

Have you driven the 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser?

Climate Control Problem

by dentgirl from ND on Tue Jan 14 2014

I have had the 2013 Land Cruiser for over a year now and have enjoyed the power and stability it provides. I did encounter a problem though after it's 10K "checkup". The climate control stopped working. It would turn on when you turned on the car and then turn off 5 seconds later. This is mildly irritating when it is nice out. It is really irritating when it is cold out and you want to use the autostarter. The service department checked out the car and determined it was the stereo and amp (?!?). They swapped those out and the climate control still didn't work. Another couple of months go by before I can get it back in. When I do it is time for the service check again. This time the service department has a Toyota tech there to check it out. While doing the service check they found the air filter to be backwards! Once this was put in correctly the climate control works once again. I love my car but can't believe something so simple could cause such a problem. I am writing this with the hope that it will easily fix someone else's problem.

Feels like it can go any where

by Evilearth from NH on Thu Dec 19 2013

I bought it and haven't looked back. Was surprised it didn't come with a remote start!? Had one put in and then at 1000 miles put it on 20 x 10 off road wheels and 31.5 inch tires. I took my wife and two kids out on some really rugged logging trails through huge deep puddles and heavy boulder terrain. The truck is absolutely phenomenal and didn't even spin a tire once. It is so sure footed any where that it gives the operator a lot of confidence. I mostly let my wife drive it. These new Land Cruisers are the most capable SUV by far. Angus Mckenzie of Motor Trend stated it was the best Toyota ever built. That means a lot coming from a guy who can have keys handed to him for any car ever built. I drive a 2011 F450 daily and it is a beast, but this Land Cruiser will run circles around it in the white stuff.

Awesome

by jimi from Erie, PA on Thu Apr 24 2014

This SUV is all about Quality and a smooth engine that will carry the mail where ever you want to send it. I love it,High tech and plush. Some people buy cars, This is a automobile that is sure to please.

SUV IS GREAT,

by Steveo from Dallas on Wed Aug 06 2014

The 2013 Land Cruiser I purchased is the best overall vehicle that I have ever owned. The final selling point was Sewell's service that I could receive by purchasing from the Lexus dealership. The service is the most important piece for me.

Last SUV you'll ever need to buy

by Joelupp from Oklahoma City on Sun Oct 08 2017

Most reliable, well built and versitile vehicle we've ever owned. From the mountains to the beach and everything in between. Our Land Cruiser has delivered us safely and comfortably every time. I trust this vehicle more than any other vehicle on the planet to transport my family.

I enjoy driving it

by Roberto from San Antonio,tx on Mon Dec 30 2013

I liked Toyota's brand, prior to the landcruiser I had 4Runner, FJcruiser and Corolla. Reliability is a strength. For the pricing maybe we should get automatic system for the back door, an ipod direct connection. The lancruiser feels safe to drive, enough horsepower, good braking system and you can fit 5 very confortable and 2 more in the extra row, I would like the add seat row to be optional, but that is just me. Before buying the Landcruiser I saw the Range Rover, and the decision breaker was how confortable are the back seats and all the space available for luggage in the back which is a huge factor having one kid and two dogs

Top of the line

by IMstilwell from Midland, TX on Wed Aug 09 2017

The Toyota Land Cruiser is my dream car. It's dependability,durability, rugged exterior, yet top of the line interior finishes make it the best SUV on the market. Unfortunately, it was not the best fit for me as this particular time (due to car seats and a tall husband) but it's no fault of the vehicles.

Road warrior

by Murrayr1 from on Wed Apr 12 2017

We've had our 2013 landcruiser for just over the years. Originally bought in southern California, we now live in the lake Tahoe area where the snow was at record levels this year. Not too much for this beast, it plowed through everything that came it's way . Even under the most adverse conditions the landcruiser was sure footed and gave us a sense of security. Just wish it was more fuel efficient.

Best 4WD Ever

by CarGuru from Denver, CO on Thu Mar 01 2018

The Land Cruiser is very comfortable and luxurious. It has great off road capabilities too. My kids think the back two roads are spacious and comfortable and love that they recline.

Amazing all-rounder for Colorado adventures.

by BBLandCruiser from Boulder, CO on Thu Jun 22 2017

It's big, powerful, and capable. Does everything I want it to without complaining and I'm expecting great reliability based on average reliability ratings.

1 2

Our Take on the 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser

The Toyota Land Cruiser is a specialized machine built with off-roading in mind. It's like that one knife in your kitchen that you only bring out once a year, when the occasion demands.

The problem with this type of SUV is that you're stuck with a specialized machine during your commute, grocery store runs and date night, and that's what lessens the Land Cruiser's appeal. That, and its sticker price of $77,955.

While refinements to the interior, ride comfort and noise intrusion all make the eight-seat Toyota Land Cruiser a better SUV for 2013, it still isn't for everyone.

Even off-road enthusiasts might want to look at something more affordable. Say, a Land Rover.

What I'm glad Toyota didn't... Read More