Model Details

1989 Toyota MR2 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 5 reviews

Super Charged

by from Milwaukee WI on March 2, 2012

I own an 88 super chaged MR2 and it is absolutely a blast to drive. 71000 miles and just I just do normal or routine maintainance on this little gem. All this fun behind the wheel and 30 mpgs! Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get my Baby out of storage. My wife call is an adult sized go cart, handling like nothing I have ever owned before. If you find one BUY IT you won't regret it!

Mid-engine Rearwheel drive 2 seater

by from on September 13, 2011

Rare and incredible car. Extremely prone to rust. Amazingly fun to drive. The only affordable car that offers the feeling of driving an exotic.

Mister 2 MK1 SC

by from Norfolk,VA on July 18, 2012

Back in the early '90's I had an opportunity to swap my Grand Cherokee for a Red MR2 MK1 SC for only one day. I had an absolute blast driving that car and I wanted one of my own ever since. I recently fulfilled that desire in June 2012 and purchased a Mica Blue 1989 MR2 SC with 90K miles. This car is a blast to drive and has looks to kill. It is like driving a 145 HP street legal go-kart with an interior. If you think driving a go-kart is fun, imagine going 0-60 in about 6 seconds or 120 mph in one! The mid-engine, rear wheel drive design is beautifully balanced. If you drive one you will want one. The Supercharged version is becoming increasingly rare and hard to find.

Exceptional

by from Ontario, Canada on October 27, 2015

The Toyota Mr2 is pure fun. It had a design that was ahead of its time. The exterior is unique in its wedgy shape and stands out in the crowd. I have T-Bars that open the roof and makes it feel like a convertible but with a higher level of safety.The interior is spacious even for people well over 6 foot tall. The interior is well designed and the dashboard is user friendly. The seats are very firm and comfortable and provide excellent support. The real plus to this car is the high revving engine. that roars over your shoulder as you accelerate. The car handles extremely well and shows minimal body roll. The transmission is flawless and has short throws which adds to the fun. The engine is fuel efficient getting 35-40 mpg combined. The car is very reliable and reasonable to insure. It makes me smile every time I drive this car. To drive this car is a exhilarating, special experience.

1989 Toyota MR2

by from on February 8, 2013

I can honestly say I absolutely love this car. Bought it off my brother-in-law for the family price of $1,500 in great condition...he planned on selling it for $3,000. It now has just over 200k miles on it and still drives like a champ. The only thing it needs is a paint job. It feels like I have my very own exotic and constantly get compliments. I will treasure this car forever.