1992 Pickup

4.1 out of 5 starsExterior Styling

All Reviews

best truck

by Yota from Lagrange GA on March 3, 2011

i got the truck 5 years ago and the only problem ive had was the drive shaft went to pieces but that was my fault i ve put a 3 inch block lift on it and i think they should have come from the factory like that

Uses car for Off-roading

Engineering marvel

by Over 300,000 miles from Tucson, AZ on August 15, 2011

Very reliable. Runs forever. Only requires maintenance and minor repairs. Best value of any car I have purchased.

Great truck!

by Toyota Man from Minot, ND on May 26, 2007

I bought her new in July of 92. She has never left me stranded. For the first 15 years the only major maintenance has been 2 leaking water pumps. Caught them both before anything serious happened. Unfortunately I haven't flushed my coolant as often as I should have which resulted in a plugged radiator / overheated engine and now a blown head gasket. With 195k miles I have decided to put a new engine in her. Should be good to go for another 10 years. I am certain that if the engine hadn't overheated it would have lasted for another 100k. Great truck. I'll own her until she's a pile of rust in my driveway!

I've owned for 318K Miles

by Vanguard from Denver, Colorado on August 29, 2011

I bought this truck in February 1992 to be a temporary vehicle and as of August 2011 I have 318,000 miles. I think the instrument panel looks like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle, I have replaced the panel lighting with red bulbs, looks like it could be in an Audi or BMW. It is my only vehicle and gets regular use in the Colorado mountains. There usually is some big repair each year but it is not money down the drain. The front disc brakes were rebuilt recently. A few years ago it needed about $2000 in transmission work. I took it on a 3000 mile trip 2 years ago. It still has the orignal air conditioning, muffler and radiator hoses. It is the basic 2 wheel drive model and my favorite feature is that it has manual steering. I occasionally get offers from people in parking lots to buy it. Can't say anything but raves about it.

Great mule

by I like old. from Santa Barbara CA on December 8, 2012

Sit by any suburban neighborhood and you will see a lot of these trucks coming and going as trades people, and especially low end landscapers, go about their business. There is a really good reason. These trucks, especially the 4cyl, are incredibly good value, cheap to run, with more than enough umph to carry a load up a hill, on the freeway and to the dump. While this is a new vehicle to me, it has seen plenty of action, and the apparent cost per mile is among the lowest of any vehicle I have had in over forty years of ownership. Great working vehicle, with plenty of used parts availability.

Most RELIABLE and ECONOMICAL ever!

by DeereDee from Syracuse, NY on May 11, 2018

I've owned this truck for 25 years, driven on many long and short trips, and across the country never doubting that it would get me there. It's not the prettiest vehicle or most fashionable, yet absolutely dependable and sturdy. Mine is the extra-cab with an automatic that is easy to drive with plenty of room to fully recline the front seats and room for carrying small to medium size passengers or lots of stuff inside the cab. The 22-RE engine is considered by many mechanics to be the best Toyota ever made. It always passed CA emissions running the original catalytic converter without fouling O2 sensors, and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again. The question about primary use is hard to answer: it has been used for all of listed, year after year, without fail!

1992 Toyota 4wd

by Iraqiwildman from Jefferson City, MO on August 1, 2006

I have had this truck since Aug 1992 and it has been very dependable. I have had only small problems, new thermostat and radio.

Best vehicle I've ever had

by Hank Jr. from Mount Vernon, WA on June 26, 2018

It may not have the most power but it'll get you where you need to go and won't leave you stranded. Lots of low end torque and plenty of capabilities. 300,000 miles later and mine's still running strong.

Tough reliable in any weather

by Ronhr from Hood River, OR on April 27, 2017

I really like this truck. It is easy to work on and parts are easy to find. It needs a little more power but does fine all conditions. I have no doubt I will still be driving and enjoying it at three hundred thousand miles.