1993 Toyota Pickup

Just keeps going.

by from Perth Amboy, NJ on March 11, 2009

I purchased my Toyota in December of '93, and I think it's safe to say that it is one of the most reliable vehicles ever. With exception of regular maintenance, I have had to put absolutely nothing into any repair of this truck. I currently have 254,251 miles on this baby, and there is no doubt in my mind that I will reach 300,000. As the other reviewer mentioned, it doesn't have a lot of power, however, it has basically everything else. The gas mileage is excellent, and reliability is, well it's a Toyota. You can go wrong with Toyota reliability and dependability. It may not be the most lavish vehicle, but it gets the job done and never fails. Not once. When this dies (which probably won't be for a long time) I plan on buying a Toyota Tacoma. Hopefully it will be as reliable as this has been. I would buy it again if I could.

I LOVE MY TRUCK

by from Greensboro, NC on February 24, 2012

I bought this truck with 148000+ miles on it; I have drove it a year putting over 30k miles on it. I use it for everything work, school, trips ex... I have only had to do regular maintenance to it. I drive it an average of 100 miles a day to school and work as a pizza man. Always Reliable. I even have had 1000lbs of gravel in the back at one point. It hauled it fine(don't recommend it it's dangerous to do only because it's a smaller truck) I Love This Truck!!! Great on gas! Best Vehicle!!! I would (and have) drive this truck anywhere with no question.

best vechile ever

by from on October 23, 2011

My truck was orignally purchased by my parents and when my wife and I got married, they gave it to us becasue we had no vechile. Ever since then we have managed to get a ford focus and it is okay, but it is not even near as realiable as this truck. Even my parents who have gotten other cars still talk about this truck becasue it is extermly realiable.

good truck

by from Georgia on November 26, 2012

it my first great truck. I love how it runs and it is very dependable and easy to fix yourself. I love it.

perfect reliable Toyota 22RE little pickup truck

by from Irwindale, CA 91706 on May 8, 2017

Bullet Proof Toyota Best Made 22RE engine Run Forever , Save gas , Low Maintenance cost KYB G shock great for import New Radiator, Water Pump, Thermostat

You can't go wrong with a Toyota truck

by from Lander, WY on February 10, 2009

I bought my '93 truck new and it just turned 207k miles. This truck has never left me stranded and has not nickel and dimed me to death in repair bills. The only major repairs I've encountered was a burnt valve at 163k and a leak in the A/C this past summer. Combined both of those repairs were under $1k. Other than that I've done normal maintenance (timing belt, tires, oil changes, air filter, battery etc) and its just as reliable today as it was when I drove it off the lot. Toyota trucks retain their value and this particular body style will bring full book value. I do have 2 complaints: 1. It is not a powerhouse of power. 2. The back end is light. In the winter time I put 120 lbs. of salt in the bed to give it some added weight. It will pull a small trailor (jet skis, snowmobiles, etc.) just fine, but if you need serious pulling power I would look elsewhere. However, if you need a reliable day to day commuter vehicle, based on my experience I would give this truck two thumbs up.

Similar Models