Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 7 reviews

Supertruck

by from Philadelphia, PA on May 3, 2012

I bought my 1994 Toyota Pickup DLX 4x4 4 months ago with 170k miles, give or take. It has some rust on the bumper and wheel arches, but that was to be expected with a 18 year old machine. The engine was recently replaced, and if the 22re lives up to its reputation the old pickup with last until the frame rusts away. The automatic transmission is rather slow getting to 60 mph for highway driving, but that is also to be expected for a 4 cylinder engine that makes 108 hp. Personally, that isn't a problem. Just don't expect amazing speed. That said, my truck has proven reliable and sturdy wherever I've gone, in the city and off road. The interior on the regular cab is cramped and the ride gets a bit rough sometimes. Deal with it. It isn't a Mercedes. It's a truck, and it was a designed at a time where trucks were built to be much more utilitarian than they are today. I wanted basic with some 4x4 capability. Amazingly, Toyota has delivered nearly 2 decades after the truck was built. For my 3500 investment I feel like I got a good value for the money and I will continue to buy Toyota pickups in the future.

Longest lasting truck ever made

by from South Nj on April 26, 2011

brought truck new in 94 other then normal wear and tear no complaints at all. I have never owned another vehicle that's lasted longer then payment book, my Toyota was paid off 1998 still running great today. And 4x4 great fun in snow !!!!

best

by from md on June 25, 2007

This vehicle is the best small compact pickup out there with the best gas mileage!!! I like all toyota cars and trucks because of their reliability!

Awesome truck all around

by from New Hamphire on September 9, 2012

One of the most relaible trucks I have ever owned. Just wont die. Have had no problems that were not normal maint.

Awesome truck!!

by from Indiana on August 24, 2015

Very dependable. Bought the truck used and haven't had to anything besides brakes in 7 years. I've pulled out stuck chevys and fords with this truck. Four wheel drive is awesome!

Uses car for Off-roading

Most reliable vehicle I have owned

by from CA on March 21, 2007

Never any problems, cant kill the 4 cyl. 22re engine. It just wont give up! I would recomend this truck to anyone in the market. As long as you prepare for the impending doom of rust in later models, nothing will come between your Toyota and piling up mileage.

Bored with this truck.

by from Columbia sc on June 4, 2006

This truck is reliable but so boring. I wish it would stop running so i can get a new one.

Similar Models