2012 Toyota Prius V

Great small family car.

by from Great Falls, Virginia on September 12, 2017

This car has a a convenient child car seat system. Importantly, it is very spacious including trunk space. Most importantly, the gas mileage is a blessing!

Uses car for Transportingfamily

MPG, reliability, comfort, spaciousness

by from Chicago, il on September 2, 2017

This car is not the most appealing car from the outside... Looks like a new age soccer mom car, but it kicks a$$ on gas mileage, has tons of room in the rear seats PLUS a giant cargo area. The stock sound system is quite adequate, navigation/touch screen is simple and easy to navigate, and the car is very easy to maintain. Almost 100k miles so far and no issues! Looking to the day I cross 300k!?!

My 2012 Prius V is a Great Car

by from Berkeley, CA on September 1, 2017

Beautiful styining outside, very comfortable inside. I am amazed at how many ways you can reconfigure the inside to suit your cargo and passenger needs. Both front and rear seats adjust forward, recline, and back seats fold down flat. More cargo room than a regular prius, plus about 3" more head room. Great mileage.

FIRST HYBRID EVERY OWNED

by from PORT TOWNSEND on June 28, 2017

SO FAR SO GOOD, THE KEY NEEDED A NEW BATTERY, AND WE ARE STILL WAITING ON PARTS FROME THE DEALER THAT WERE MISSING

Awesome car, perfect for commuter

by from on May 20, 2017

Love this car! The V model is so much nicer and well designed than the base Prius model. I get about 49-50 mpg going 25 miles one was, half city half highway. I got mine used, and would buy used again...
Love this car! The V model is so much nicer and well designed than the base Prius model. I get about 49-50 mpg going 25 miles one was, half city half highway. I got mine used, and would buy used again!

affordable,reliable ,made for ladies:)

by from chicago on April 12, 2017

Not prettiest car over all for it's design but for the money invested into it -this is a car KEEPER!

Great All-Around Family Station Wagon

by from Virginia Beach, VA on March 29, 2017

I bought this car used in 2016. It had 60,000 miles on it. Bought it for $15,000. I really like this car. It's very roomy for it's size. Having very large door openings with doors that swing wide is very helpful. My father is elderly, over 6 feet tall and can barely bend his knees. He is able to get in and out of the vehicle very easily. I owned a 2005 Prius for 8 years before replacing it with another vehicle which I really didn't like for the most-part. What I like about the Prius is that it's a very functional vehicle. There's very little fancy-shmanciness about it. It's not a fast car (zero to 60 in like 7 seconds). I've taken it up to 80 miles per hour for extended periods of time. Still gets nearly 39 miles per gallon, which I think is good for a mostly gas-powered station wagon. I have the "Five" trim level, which has the fake leather seats, which I prefer very much over the fabric. Kids are messy, you know. My car has the power moon roof which is really nice for the kiddos when we're driving at night during long trips. Some folks have complained about the dashboard and I agree that it's awkward at first. But it didn't take long to adjust to it - maybe a day or two. It doesn't bother me at all now. Sound system is good. Steering is responsive. I prefer Toyota's steering wheel controls over any other vehicle I tested. It has all the choices I prefer in what I consider to be the most intuitive places on the steering wheel. My only complaint would be the no key, key fob. In the earlier generation Prius, if the fob's battery died, I could put the key fob in a slot and still start the car. No such luck now. So, I'm a little concerned about what will happen if that happens. Otherwise, I consider it to be a great car. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Love my Prius V

by from Wilmington, NC on March 24, 2017

I purchased a 2012 (like new, less than 50,000 miles) Toyota Prius V! I love it it's fully loaded with all the bells and whistles I've always dreamed of having in a car but could never see myself affording! Thank you for making this dream come true for me! And did I mention it has already saved my $90 in gas, in 3 weeks time!

2012 Prius V

by from Folsom, CA on March 12, 2017

Excellent, reliable car. Not necessarily the fastest, most agile thing on four wheels, but it's reliable and efficient.

100,000 Miles and I still love it!

by from Granbury TExas on July 26, 2016

I am 6'4" 260 pounds and got the "V" for the added head room, I did step up to the level 3 which I am glad I did. I bought the car with 3 miles on the Odometer. It now has over 100,000. It does what it claims it will do, and it does it to the tune of 39 mpg over 100,000 miles. Although it is not a road racer, it handles pretty darn good!. It is not dragster But can keep up with the anyone on the highway LEGALLY. Its not a 4x4, what it is, an economical roomy car AND very reliable. I do not baby the car on the road, I do not abuse it but I do DRIVE IT, but it has its limitations. I keep it in the "ECO" mode 90% of the time. Takes some getting use to at first getting onto a busy highway requires the "PWR" mode, but then its back to ECO mode. I did add some small spot mirrors on the regular mirrors to eliminate the blind spot of the rear pillar post. I change the oil and all filters every 8,000 miles has never used a drop of oil.The A/C will throw snow balls at me, The heater will cook meat! The road noise is on the noisy side but not out of line with any other small car. Love the "DOO-DADS" on the car, the steering wheel controls are wonderful. The GPS likes a little to be desired but it works (most of the time) I catch myself looking for the same "DO-DADS" on my other vehicles. (2 Tundras'03 and '07, one Ford F350 '01). The interior is mostly plastic but then that is becoming the norm now days. Only problem I have ever had is minor and it was a rear mud flap that kept dropping down on one end and dragging the ground. Dealer tried numerous times to repair it. And it held for several months, but the screw kept falling out. I finally used some JB Weld in the screw hole to hold the screw in place, took care of that minor problem. Local Toyota Dealer has been great, Even after 100,000 miles they take care of me as if it was just bought the car. Would I buy another Prius? In a heartbeat. I came from the muscle car era, always had High Performance cars, dripping horse power, fat tires, Chrome everywhere AND with LOUSY GAS MILEAGE. I now drive 60 miles one way to work in different driving conditions every day. Was filling up 3-4 times a week with a 20 gallon tank! That is what prompted me even look at the Prius. I wanted economical and the Prius was the 1st choice! Yes I get ribbed having come from a chrome plated fat tired 400 hp street rocket. Being 6'4" and driving a "TOY" But I just smile and know that it is my "TOY" and is doing all I have asked of it and more and smile when I fill it up (never more than 10 gallons) and know that I am good for another 400 miles of dependability and reliability. Thank you TOYOTA!

Our Expert Review: 2012 Toyota Prius V