2009 RAV4

2009 Toyota RAV4

2009 Toyota RAV4

Have You Driven the 2009 Toyota RAV4?

Tell my husband all the time "Love this Car"

by Not a Soccer Mom Anymore from Michigan on Tue Sep 27 2011

Sold my lovely Honda Odyssey because I felt frumpy, it was big and I am concerned about gas mileage. Narrowed my shopping to Honda CRV, Rav4, Ford Escape and Chevrolet Equinox. Minute I got in the Rav4 knew it was the right car. I am neither a small or large woman - the Rav4 was comfy and visibility was great - drove smooth - has lots of room inside and intelligently designed - outstanding gas mileage - handles great in inclement weather - I feel very safe and secure in this car. I am 51 years young and definitely do not feel like a frump in this vehicle. Little Bothers - louder than my Odyssey or my husbands Expedition but not intollerable - no little hook to hang a trash bag, no warning sound that you have left your exterior lights on. My husband said he would not mind if the drivers seat slid back an inch or two more for leg room. I am tall and find the leg room fine - but I do have the seat adjusted as far back as it will go. I consider these very minor issues and I truly do love this car. We take this car more than my husbands Expedition on family ( 4 of us) outings.

great performance, toyota quality

by rav fan from Rineyville, KY on Tue Sep 11 2012

I have a 2009 RAV4 4WD model with 30k miles and I absolutely love it. For a 4 cylinder, it?s got plenty of power and can handle hills and highway passing with ease. The automatic transmission shifts very smoothly. Breaking is smooth and quiet. Handling with the electronic stability control is excellent. It?s quiet, road and wind noise are well isolated. Fuel efficiency is excellent; I?m averaging 26 MPG in mixed driving. Seating for 5 is very comfortable and the rear seats even recline a bit?great feature for road trips with sleepy kids. Cargo room is great and downright cavernous with the seats folded down. The only thing I?m not big on is the swing-out cargo door. It swings out to the passenger side, so curbside loading is a little tougher?but that?s a very minor concern.

LOVE IT!

by Dash from STL on Thu Mar 15 2012

We leased our V6 Sport 3 years ago and have no intention of turning it in, we plan to buy it. It handles great, very fast for a SUV, total blast to drive. Its probably my all-time favorite vehicle. Really Great Car...

rav4 lover

by buying easy from delaware, ohio on Sun Jan 06 2013

After going on line(being bombarded with emails) I went to the lots. After test driving several cars and suv type vehicles, I drove the Rav 4. the steering was exceptional and I felt that I had control of the vehicle. The blind spots were less for me(only 1) than other cars of this style.. I decided that the convenience of being able to put down the back seats from the rear was what I wanted. As soon as I stepped in my new car, I knew it was me.Very happy with it.

Good SUV

by ARod from Los Angeles on Mon Jun 15 2009

We just bought the RAV4, 2009 Limited edition, AWD. We got the smart-key one, and we are getting used to this thing without a key. It's kind of odd not having a key, think about that before you buy it. The idea of a car with a key is really deep in our mind, I hope we will get used to this. However, the feature seems to be interesting. PROS: - Lots of power, it's a V6 AWD, 265HP! - Quiet and fund to drive. - All kind of engine features, like Down the Hill Assistance(DAC)(not sure if I ever will use it) and up the hill assistance, TRAC, etc. CONS: - No alarm! - No traditional key, so no ignition switch. This RAV4 DO NOT HAVE an alarm system, I found that after we have signed the papers! I am not happy about that. Other than that, you will be happy. Nothing compare to the 8 cylinders tractors made by GM, Ford, etc. Hey, we need to save gas, don't we?

Great Value and Versatile Base 4 cylinder

by J from FL from Florida on Tue Aug 18 2009

I have had this SUV for two weeks now and am largely pleased with the purchase. The space inside for such a compact vehicle is great and I find the interior layout and materials more than adequate. The safety features are first rate and I appreciate the higher seating position this vehicle offers. My only complaints are that it does have a somewhat firm "truckish" ride and it could use better cabin sound insulation as engine noise is noticeable upon acceleration. Finally, I actually prefer the swing out tailgate as it is easier to partially open and access the cargo area in a closed garage. The fact that it opens from the drivers side is an advantage for me as this is more convenient and I rarely parallel park.

Terrific car

by Craig from Hart, Michigan on Mon Feb 09 2015

Bought our '09 6-cyl in '12 with 5,367 miles. Sold a Honda Accord. Love the RAV with one exception.. mileage. Sold '97 Accord that was consistently getting 28-32. RAV, at best, gets 23. Miss the higher mileage. That being said, ride great, turning radius phenominal, spaciousness in rear for our two large dogs is the best in this size car. The rear end is straighter up which give better head room for tall dogs. Handles well in all weather. Very little road noise, etc. 6-cyl has much more spunk that you'd realize. After adjusting to lesser mpg than advertized, we'd do this all over again. Sorry they changed the back wheel. We love the storage under the dogs where they now put the wheel. We'll keep our '09 for that reason.

best small suv out there

by ravgirl from oregon on Mon Aug 10 2009

Great all around suv that handled beautifully in the snow we had last year!!! Love the size and how it fits into any parking spot.

Reliable Car

by Rex from Bartlett on Fri Aug 03 2018

Perfect for a small family. Small but durable car. Never had a complain since we got it. only thing to watch out are for these bad dealers that will service and ruin your car. believe me check my review about st. charles toyota .. because of this bad experience we will never purchase a toyota!

Finally Perfection

by Steve from PA on Tue Oct 21 2008

o so this was redone for 2009. the exterior has sharper edges and new fog lights. the four cylinder gained 13hp and 1 more mpg!!! and now a navigation system is optional. also a rear backup camera that you can see in your rearview mirror! now this has blasted the competition! the CRV has NOTHING on this now, with rav having a v6 option, and nav jus like the crv! this redesign has blown everything out of the water! handling is amazing, just like a car. also reliability is rock solid, this will last you 15 years or 300,000 miles if it has to with no much oter than maintenence. this is the perfect suv, with all the options available! only con... make the seats more comfortable possibly add a wood trim option

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2009 Toyota RAV4

Now the fifth (!) body style in the growing 3/4 Series family, the 2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe hatchback may be the best four-door of the bunch.

It's easy to understand the appeal of BMW's 3 Series and 4 Series four-door and two-door models. It isn't easy to understand how the company names all the many varieties of both.

For 2014, BMW reintroduced the 3 Series coupe under a new name, 4 Series, and rolled out the peculiar 3 Series Gran Turismo four-door hatchback. The 2015 4 Series Gran Coupe is simply a sportier 3 Series sedan, with a hatch instead of a standard trunk. The driving experience is more engaging, and the utility of the cargo area is welcome, too. So why would anyone need a sedan &mdash... Read More