NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 RAV4 Hybrid

2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid?

Would buy again

by JARHSC from Iowa on Fri Apr 13 2018

I love the mileage, average over 32mpg, city and highway. being a hybrid I thought it wouls be low power but it has plenty of get up and go. recently had it in the Rockies, no problems. Averaged 22 going up and 99 coming down!

Gas mileage rocks!

by Wendy from South Yarmouth, MA on Sat Mar 31 2018

I love my car, great on gas, handles all weather conditions with ease, and perfect performance! I love the space, look, and the fact that it should last a very long time.

Great car

by Happy Sandy from Dover, FL on Tue Oct 16 2018

Quality fit, finish and performance . Great on gas. Fun to drive around town or on the open road. Great safety features. Comfort is awesome.

Second RAV4 / First Hybrid

by AHH from Spokane WA on Thu Jul 21 2016

I traded in my 2008 Toyota RAV4 Limited for the 2016 Toyota RAV4 XLE Hybrid. So far I am very impressed. When I am driving around town I get about 34-35 MPG and freeway I average 30-31 MPG. This is a vast improvement from the old RAV that averaged 21 MPG combined. The road noise is minimal and you can barely hear the vehicle running when it is turned on. My only complaint is that I'd prefer more cup holders and charging outlets (USB/cigarette lighter type plugs). The vehicle has quite a bit of power when merging onto the freeway or trying to pass other vehicles. The safety features are top-notch and the entertainment features are easy to navigate. I like that the vehicle comes standard with a moonroof. Overall I am very happy with the purchase and the hybrid is very affordable when compared to the standard RAV4.

Have to love my RAV4 hybrid!

by BubblesFrance2006 from San Diego, CA on Sat Jul 30 2016

After looking at other small SUV'S and checking out the mileage, I settled on looking at the RAV 4 Hybrid. The mileage is great (28-32 mpg), the 'goodies' toooo numerous to count, the electric seat (driver's) is a MUST...love the sun roof, too.... MOST importantly, this car is environmentally friendly. It runs on battery/gas. When you put foot on brake, it CHARGES the battery!!!! As we live up a hill the car has good pick-up to get UP the hill! LOVE the blind spot indicator on the rear view mirrors. The car beeps at you if you're too close to anything, which will save me from backing into a post (which I did 2 times in my old car) Also has 'radar' which, when cruise control is on, will determine how close the car is to cars in front of it. If other car slows down, my car will do so without me even thinking of touching the brake! How great is that feature! My only complaints are that rear window does not open independently. I am used to being able to open the window to grab a bag, so that's a bit annoying. Also, there's little storage space, which MIGHT be a good thing, since it's easy to stuff things here/there. Also, there's no hook from which to hang a garbage bag. All in all, I'm thrilled with my new car! can't wait to take a long drive!

Looks great and made well

by Tammy from Lancaster,Pa. on Sun Aug 07 2016

I really like my new Toyota Rav4 Hybrid. It has a very good look and has what I need with a lot of modern upgrades. I am not sure why there is not a air/heat vent for the back seat. I am quite happy with it. Not super get up and go but good gas mileage, about 31 miles per gallon of so far.Two toned clothes seats very smart looking.Sporty .I am happy with the size going down from a van.

Great gas mileage, comfortable, and peppy!

by Toyota Fan on Thu Jul 13 2017

I love driving this car. It gets 35-40 mpg, and has lots of power in the sport mode. Comfortable, great stereo, and good looking!

GOOD VALUE

by NESBIT from BRADENTON on Mon Jul 31 2017

The fact that we ended up with a low mileage used hybrid was a bonus. The car sits higher and is more comfortable than our previous car.

Highly Recommended!

by sultan munshi from jamaice ny ,11432 on Mon Mar 04 2019

I bougth a car form this place,and the sales parson is helpful,and the finance directer Mr Larry Sherman is nice guy. I will recommend to my family,friend,and coworkers too.

Reliable and great on gas

by Jdoc34 from Nyack, NY on Thu Mar 16 2017

Excellent car for the money. Looks as good as offerings from Germany for a fraction of the price. Hybrid has plenty of power and mileage is fantastic

Our Take on the 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

The 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid offers better acceleration, more horsepower and torque than the gas-only RAV4, but in the compact SUV class, its calling card is its mileage, not its overall competitiveness.

The hybrid powertrain, available only on the upper XLE and Limited trim levels, is part of an overall light restyling of the RAV4 for 2016.

As a small hybrid SUV, the RAV4 Hybrid faces competition only from the all-wheel-drive Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, which is technically a subcompact. Compare the RAV4 Hybrid and Crosstrek Hybrid here. The RAV4 Hybrid also competes against a number of gas-only compact SUVs, including the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V and Chevrolet Equinox. You can compare them... Read More