1993 T100

4.4 out of 5 starsInterior Design

All Reviews

Built Toyota-Tough

by Montgomery from Phoenix, Arizona via central Illinois on September 5, 2006

This is one of the most durable half-ton pick-ups I've ever owned. The frame is stout, the handling precise, the power is surprising, and the payload is substantial. Styling is simple and clean, interior is rugged and well-designed for no-frills utility. Wind noise is minimal, even at highway speeds. This truck is frugal, yet has the full-figured payload carrying ability of a much heavier rated delivery mule. This is a blue-collar truck.

Great reliable truck

by Nomad from Colorado Springs, Co on January 20, 2011

I purchased a used 1993 T-100 4x4 v-6 5spd with around 250k miles about two years ago. Since then I had the engine overhauled completely, bored out .0030. I also added duals and a cold air intake kit. The 3.0 is not a really powerful engine, but it is a strong engine. The overhaul and other mods really made a difference in the power performance. We use it to pull our popup camper. The truck performs very well and never over heats. The T-100 is a great little truck. I wish they still made it.

This truck rocks!!

by Big Blue from Kentucky on April 20, 2007

I bought my T-100 new March 31, 1993. Fourteen years and 150,000 miles later, it runs and drives like a new one! I can get 20m.p.g., easily. The reliability of this truck has been outstanding. Outside of a water pump, nothing major. I hope to drive it at least until my middle child starts to drive in 6 years, then give it to him. A word of warning, however: Toyota is full out to overtake GM as the worlds #1 auto manufacturer and the overall quality of their vehicles is slipping! Research before you buy.

Fabulous Truck

by Lady Driver from Suquamish, WA on October 6, 2011

Bought mine new in November '92. First time I test drove it, I felt like I was in a really nice sedan. Wondered if I had taken a chance on this brand new model from Toyota. Nearly 19 years later, I know. This has been a fabulous truck. It was my only vehicle for several years. I moved from Central CA to northern WA state in '05, and after having a tow pkg installed including transmission cooler, and bigger/heavier duty tires, I towed the largest U-Haul trailer rentable, totally jammed full, plus the truck bed filled to the top of the shell, and travelled up I-5. It took 3 such trips loaded the same way! Was a little slow on the steep hills/mts, but I didn't push it, just crept along about 45 mph up those grades. This baby never overheated, it didn't burn oil, it performed just perfectly. This truck is nearly 20 years old and still performs and looks like new. With the same wheel base as its contemporary Camry, I can make a U-turn on a normal street in one go. It still gets 21 mpg on the highway (it has only 114K original miles so that might be why). It still feels like a nice sedan on the road. And the upholstery still looks like new even though it got a lot of use. Can't say enough about this truck. If you are lucky enough to find one in good shape/low miles, grab it!! I'm nearly 66 now, and figure this truck will last me the rest of my driving days. I'm using it now mainly as a farm/errand vehicle and for camping.

Great truck

by T100 Driver from Tucson, AZ on June 14, 2018

The T100 is a great truck. The long bed lets me haul bicycles or anything else super easily, and the V6 never lets me down. I always have power!

Our Expert Review: 1993 Toyota T100