1999 Toyota Tacoma

Upgraded from single cab to extended cab

by from Eunice,La on September 5, 2017

Meets my needs for a great work truck. I like the model of this vehicle. It runs great and just needs a little talc.

Most well-built midsize out there!

by from Columbus, OH on August 18, 2017

Reliable and fun to drive. This truck has lasted me 10 solid years with minimal upkeep outside of routine maintenance. Versatile and well-built truck.

TOYOTA TACOMA

by from CONNEAUT OHIO ,,44030 on August 12, 2017

I OWN A 1999 TOYOTA TACOMA SINCE NEW AND STORED IT AWAY FOR A RAINY DAY IT HAS ONLY 38 MILES ON IT,

Uses car for Havingfun

Best Vehicle ever made

by from Great falls, MT on August 6, 2017

I have had two different Tacoma's in my life, the current one for 8 years. No issues with the vehicle. Very easy to work on and find what you need. My first Tacoma had over 300,000 miles and still ran like a champ.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Cheapest car to maintain ever..

by from Snellville, Ga. on August 1, 2017

Can't be beat for a small truck.. 4 Wheel drive.. On or off road.. Stock or lift kit and bigger tires and go any where.. Style changed and the newer ones are not as nice in my opinion.. However, you cannot beat one starter in 17 years of ownership and still no major repairs , mechanically. Tires, battery, u-joints, normal wear items.. 133K miles... See you down the road..

Best investment you'll ever make!

by from Laredo Tx on July 25, 2017

I own a 1999 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner SR5 no 4x4 with 156,200 miles and so far just regular schedule maintenance done on it of course other than timing belt and alternator. Overall I think the Tacoma is the best reliable vehicle in it's medium size category and can easily go another 200k miles. Toyota has earned many awards for greatest resale value and lowest cost of ownership, buying a TOYOTA is a great investment!

Uses car for Havingfun

Hands Down Best First Vehicle

by from San Bernardino, CA on July 15, 2017

This was my first vehicle, very reliable for off-roading, very fun truck in general. just a gas guzzler

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!

by from Florida on June 13, 2017

This truck has been an absolute dream to own. Dependable as they Come! Put over 80,000 worry free miles on this truck and t could last another 300k!

Best reliable truck

by from Moreno Valley California on June 4, 2017

Well it was my dad's truck he bought it new in 1999. He gave it to me in 2007. The truck had 65000 miles on it . Never been in shop ran perfect I drove truck from calif to Florida fully loaded it cost 185.00 in gas food made it fine used it for a lawn device truck towing a trailer . It's now back in California. Drove back from fl . Made trip in 36 hrs fully loaded . And all I have done to truck other than the normal is replace the clutch master cylinder. Been in major front end accident . Fixed that myself truck still blows away most new cars . Best truck ever

A very reliable little truck!

by from Southeast Kansas on June 1, 2017

I owned this pick-up for 11 years and decided it was time for an upgrade. Living in this small town I still see it around and smile a little wistfully when I see it. My model was more basic extended cab so didn't have cruise control or keyless entry. I don't miss not having that. Especially when I was on the road. What's more, I had a 5-speed manual and the newer Tacoma's never rated close to the gas mileage I could get with this. I averaged about 22 mpg hwy/city combined.