2004 Tacoma

2004 Toyota Tacoma

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2004 Toyota Tacoma?

most reliable truck i've ever owned!

by jelrod from Lancaster Ca. on Sat Oct 07 2006

This vehicle drives as nice as any on the market, It's got a good turning radius, Plenty of power, It is quiet on the road, but still feels like a truck. The towing capacity is great, And the 4x4 is one of the best I have ever seen! I have been on the trail with jeeps and land rovers and have never been shown up! All though I have passed a couple broken land rovers on the way:) This truck is very comfortable on long trips, Has plenty of room for 2 people and all the luggage and gear. The jump seats in the back are small, a grown adult will not want to be back there for any extended period of time, But it is ok for kids. This truck will get you to the deepest parts of the woods and then get you to work the next day! Toyota really does it right.

Best Truck I'm owned

by Chandler Mom from Chandler, AZ on Fri Apr 09 2010

I love my Tacoma extended cab. I bought it used two years ago and have only had to do routine maintenance. It has great pickup on the highway and does equally well on forest roads. The only thing I don't like is the placement of the clock. Someone didn't think that through.

good little truck

by Tacoma 1234 from Ohio on Sat Aug 09 2008

Bought this used a year ago, great little find, the V6 is nice, and compared to other trucks this type i guess the mpg are okay, about 22, 23... No problems so far. drives better than my old ford ranger. I've driven close to 12000 miles in it so far and no problems, also with a little extra weight in the back, handled great in the snow, if your looking for a smaller truck with a little towing capacity, then i recommend it...

Best compact pickup- great 4x4

by remote builder from Utah on Tue Mar 13 2007

I drive many fleet trucks for work and ended up buying the Tacoma because it felt best overall and has 4x4 performance that is far superior to any other 4x4 picjup I;ve driven. Serious offroad capability right from the showroom. Quite comfortable, too, especially on washboard roads.

TOYOTA TACOMA

by MARK from MESA, AZ on Tue Dec 20 2016

I bought my Tacoma new in 2004. I bought the Pre Runner with the V-6 engine. In over 12 years of average driving I have had ZERO maintenance problems with this truck. Hands down the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I am a big believer in proper vehicle maintenance & have had all of the color coded maintenance performed at the local Toyota dealership. More significantly, here's an example of just how reliable & durable these trucks are. I worked as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan for almost 5 years (2011 > 2015). In our motor pool we had 6 of these trucks. There was little to no maintenance done on these vehicles for many years, other than adding oil & an occasional battery or tire change. All 6 trucks performed extremely well in a very austere environment, there is an enormous amount of dirt & dust in Afghanistan. I'm in the market for a new truck in 2017 & I'll have a very short search, it'll be a new Tacoma.

Work and family

by joe from Potomac Falls on Tue Jun 14 2011

Perfect combo of work and family use. Who needs a 4x4 when 2x4 works as well and saves you money. Seriously, how many times in a year do you need 4x4 here in Northern VA?

Great Pickup

by Rescue Taco from Charlotte, NC on Tue Feb 06 2007

This truck is by far the best truck that I have ever owned. It handles supremely well for a truck, and it is the most reliable vehicle my family owns. The only problem that I have with the truck is that the extended cab jump seats aren't very large, and as someone else mentioned, would be very cramped for just about any adult. The only thing that I wished that I would have done was gotten the TRD off-road package, but I spend a lot of time off-road with mine, so that is all personal preference.

HANDS DOWN THE BEST TRUCK EVER MADE!

by Anthony from california on Thu Jan 29 2015

I purchased my 2004 Tacoma 4 years ago and I have to say this truck is the highlight of my day everyday! There is just something about the way Toyota Built these classic Tacomas that make it so rugged, stylish, simple and reliable. Im afraid they will never make a truck as good as this one ever again.

Handy Truck

by Truck Fan from Odessa TX on Sat Jun 03 2006

This truck drives like a champ. It has great handling and is very quiet, at one point I thought the truck was stalled or shut off, but it was just the engine cranking very calm and smooth. It has all the features I would expect from a truck plus more. The fact that it comes with a Leer hard cover with the truck makes it a great bargain. The interior is very roomy as well, it is a good vehicle to take my family in, especially on a fishing or camping trip. The only thing I could possibly say that I did not like would have to be the color of the interior. I am not a big fan of tan, but it would not keep me from purchasing a truck of this value. Overall I think this truck is worth more than the asking price.

Surprising little truck...

by grumpiegram from 13021 on Mon May 07 2012

Great gas mileage; impressive response for a small engine; my biggest/only complaint is "creature comfort"....I'm very long-legged and this little truck is just not comfortable....my only complaint. It's a 2WD (I've always driver 4WD's) but with a little weight, studded snows, and a some common sense, it's very good waddling through deep snow/ice.

1 2 3 4