2005 Toyota Tacoma

Had it for 12 years now

by from on September 17, 2017

Been a great reliable truck. 22-27mpg on the highway. It is my 4th Toyota pickup & we just bought a new one mainly for the safety and connectivity upgrades.

A hunk of a truck

by from Jacksonville, FL on July 12, 2017

This Tundra meets all our needs. Very roomy and drives great. The only negative is the gas mileage. Hoping the gas prices stay low for a long time.

Great trucks

by from Tornado wv on June 2, 2017

Like new, runs great. This machine is very powerful! we only used it on our farm for recreational use only.

Uses car for Off-roading

Scion tC

by from Littleton on April 7, 2017

Great little reliable car. Interior is very roomy for a smaller compact car. Comfortable seating, cheap to replace parts. Not the best resale value but great for a daily driver car. Does good in the snow with decent all season or snow tires.

Best of the Best

by from Blaine.MN on February 22, 2017

Bought brand new. Never let me down. Hauled appliances , and the suspension took it. I have the 5 Speed tranny, and it gives out great performance, with the In Line 4 cylinder engine. The A.C. and Heat work awesome. It's still running great at 220,000 miles, with the same Spark plugs and Serpentine Belt , struts, shocks, and Clutch, that have never been replaced since brand new. I love this truck. The only thing is that it is two wheel drive, and not so good in these Minnesota snow when we get some. I have to add a lot of weight and built a frame in the box, so the Sand bags stay over the axle for traction. Definitely recommend the 4X4. But still, I have no regrets buying this new when I did. It's a keeper for me until it dies or I die, Lol. Very dependable!

Great pick up truck

by from Puerto Rico on February 24, 2015

Love my truck, only issue i had was a rust on paint by 7 yeras and have to replace the cardan joint twice, for the rest, great engine and transm, with 135k miles on not friendly roads of PR.

closest to what I was looking for

by from Massachusetts on July 21, 2014

Great vehicle. True switchable 2W <->4W drive instead of AWD (preferred by me). Actually I'd still like the manually locking hubs. Couldn't get that with this year. Manual transmission OF COURSE - no other option with a truck being able to apply torque at the right moment when stuck in the snow or mud. Price was all over the board for the same SRS extended cab model, mileage and year from 11,500 to $19,800. I was about middle of the line. It only had one previous owner which was great. checked out well. aside from 83K miles it truly looked new.

Uses car for Off-roading

The comfort of an suv and the convenience of a p/u

by from South Jersey on April 13, 2013

this vehicle is definitely as described. It's beautiful. Never saw a crew cab with a manual transmission before. Everything works great.

Beware of this vehicle

by from on March 27, 2013

Went to go look at this vehicle and thought, wow what a great deal! Brought it to my mechanic to find out they've spray painted all the rust and that the frame was falling apart...do your research..

great car

by from 06277 on January 22, 2013

this has been an awesome truck i.i have 120,000 on it and hope to put another hundred on it...very dependable and gets 27-29 mpg.

Our Expert Review: 2005 Toyota Tacoma