2011 Tacoma

2011 Toyota Tacoma

2011 Toyota Tacoma

Have You Driven the 2011 Toyota Tacoma?

Just purchased number 3

by Splatt from Annapolis, MD on Mon Jan 17 2011

I first purchased a 2005 Tacoma Sport Dbl. cab 4x4 v6, excellent truck. My kids are currently still driving it, with last count 156,000+ miles on the ODO. I purchased a 2008 Sport Dbl. cab v6 which was totaled in a head on crash just a few weeks ago. I walked away without a scratch. I just purchased my 3rd Tacoma Sport 4x4 Dbl. Cab v6. The 2011 truck rides very smooth and quiet, the MPG's are at 17/21! The A/C is ice cold, zero shift shock on the transmission and very fast when you need it to be. Overall, very well made great looks with excellent fit and finish both inside and out."

A step up

by notatruckguy from Greensboro, NC on Thu Mar 24 2011

The Tacoma is my third compact pickup. Compared to the two previous ones, the Tacoma is far more comfortable, has more power (both it and the predecssor are 4-cyl), and is way better designed in terms of how it uses both interior and exterior space. Lots of storage. I've only driven about 3K so far, so can't comment on dependability--but hey, it's a Toyota. My first Toyota, a 1980 Corolla, was last seen with 240K miles--still not using any oil.

Great Truck

by Tacoma for the win! from Albany, NY on Fri Feb 18 2011

Sure the price tag was a bit intimidating but once I got behind the wheel I fell in love. When I got it off road I knew that I made the right choice. I love my access cab 4x4. The 236 hp is perfect for making it a joy to drive both on and off the pavement and the TRD styling is pretty darn cool too.

Great Truck

by Hoser from Altoona PA on Fri Jun 29 2012

I love this truck. It is actually a 2009 with 32K on it. The week after I bought it the wife and I took it on a trip of about 8 hours. Drives great, steering more like a sport sedan than a typical truck. Got 22-23 MPG in mixed driving. It just feels like it is higher quality than my old Ram. It feels SOLID! Ive put about 2500 miles on it since I bought it and if your looking for a smaller truck you wont find a better one.

after 18 months review

by BankRuptInPA from Pennsylvania on Wed Jul 04 2012

2011 Tacoma 4x4 DC 6 sp manual, TRD Sport. Pros: easy to drive, easy to park in tight spaces, tight turning radius, good gas mileage of 17 average, great resale value of $26K on trade in. Cons: struggles towing a 3000 lb trailer, feels unstable at high speeds, seats too low and uncomfortable ( I am 5' 11" 170 lbs) manual trans 1st gear not low enough for off road hill climbs (auto trans is better for off road) Note: I went with the manual transmission for better perfomance, better towing power and control and didn't like the way the auto trans would always shift and lock up, I admit the manual was a mistake, should have got the auto.

Best built truck i've owned to date

by shortcut from McDonough Ga on Tue Dec 07 2010

Went to my local Toyota Dealer to test drive a 4 door 4x4 TRD Tacoma automatic,fell in love and traded my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab,1 year left till payoff,my wife says i've lost my mind but so far i think its twice the truck i had

#1 selling mid size truck

by KW from Trophy Club Texas on Mon May 07 2012

I never have been a small truck fan but my Tacoma is very nice. Coming out of a Ford F250 Diesel took time to get use to the small truck feel and ride. I like the way it sits high and it's not a 4x4. The only dislike is the seats. I wish they were electric and sit up a little higher off the floor.Tall peolple probably wouldn't like the small cab especially on long trips. Gets 20 mph mix hwy and city driving

At least as good as promised

by Racer from E. Central Florida on Thu Oct 20 2011

This is a 2011 Toyota double cab, long bed 2 wheel drive Pre-runner, auto transmission, V-6 engine. Gas mileage: Average 22-23 mpg on regular. LOTS of interior room, comfortable with 5 adults on board. Well laid out dash and interior. Nothing cheap looking. Equipped with the TRD Sport package, still rides fairly smooth for a truck. This double cab long (6 foot) bed combo makes for a LONG vehicle, and parking can be a chore at times. Equipped it to tow behind our motor home with a Blue Ox towbar, Remco driveshaft disconnect, a tow brake and lights. Tows very well! With the 17" tires, the vehicle is a bit tall to get in and out of, but the extra ground clearance is nice when you're changing the oil! Have about 6K miles on it, and so far, so good!

Great truck.

by Sarge3439 from Loxahatchee< FL on Wed Jan 16 2013

Very happy with my Tacoma Crew Cab SR5. I opted for the 4 cylinder to save some gas. What a great truck. It won't win any races, but where can you really speed around anymore? Pulls my 18 foot flats boat just fine. I'm averaging 20 mpg around town. Very well built. Factory stereo is surprisingly good as well.

Best truck ever owned

by KAllen1436 from Pass Chrisitan, MS on Mon Jan 23 2012

This is the best truck I have ever owned. Have had several Ford trucks, from the Ranger to an F250. Have also owned a Chevy Suburban and GMC pickup. Only complaint is that I wish it got better gas mileage on the highway. Averages about 19mpg.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2011 Toyota Tacoma

There's something about a pickup truck that appeals to a sense of adventure and hard work. The 2011 Toyota Tacoma made every trip to the grocery store and school pickup lane an adventure.

Handily equipped with two rear seats and rear-hinged doors, my test truck, the Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 with a V-6 engine, fit two kids, but there were some complaints from the backseat as our test drive wore on.

My test truck had the TRD Off-Road Package that has an off-road-tuned suspension, locking differentials, towing equipment, a skid plate and more. Pair this with the T|X Pro Package and you can take your pro-graphics-laden 16-inch alloy wheels anywhere you please.

The 2011 Tacoma Access Cab I tested started at... Read More