2002 Toyota Tundra

Very reliable vehicle - highly recommend.

by from Dallas, TX on January 3, 2007

We have really enjoyed this vehicle - it is reliable, practical and very useful. Runs great. Never any problems.

Third Toyota I have owned and glad to be back.

by from MCAS Beaufort, SC on February 8, 2011

I purchased my 2002 Toyota 4WD 4.7 Limited Toyota in October 2010. I am a Marine and I travel about 363 miles home about twice a month. The fuel millage is great. The ride is great. I am also a Hunter and I took it out in the woods this Deer season and it performed just like the old ones. I am well satisfied with my purchase. My next truck will be a New Toyota Tundra. I just hope they come out with a 3/4 Ton.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

2002 Tundra 4.7

by from Tulsa, OK on September 11, 2012

I bought this truck because I wanted a Tundra, but didn't want one 10 years old, but I did it. Besides putting some new shocks and brakes on it, it is one of the best used trucks I have ever owned. Back seat is a little small for adults of any size, but I like everything else about it. Plenty of power, smooth, quiet, comfortable and all the options I want. This truck has 214k miles on it when I bought it and I have already put 6k on it and woulnd't hesitate to go anywhere in it. Uses no oil, no leaks, already pulled my camper with it, this is a good truck regardless of mileage.

Where can I get a new one like this?

by from Payson on January 26, 2012

Specifically the tundra sp5 extended cab.The size and capability of this truck is unmatched by today's huge pickups. The pickup holds 4'x8' plywood, or a 500cc ATV. It fits in your garage [211" long]. Last gas mileage 16 MPG in city/suburbia driving, 22MPG in pure interstate cruising on the Lexus V8 engine. Toyota up-sized itself out of this niche in 2006, and become just another fat pickup undistinguished from the American names. 4x4 has given me no problem, but I'm just on forest roads, not ridge line crawling every week. Cargo bed is too small on the midsize midsized trucks of 2012.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

02 tundra 4wd V8

by from ukiah, ca on January 30, 2011

This is a great truck with great features. I bought it in used condition and would highly recommend it

Best vehicle I have ever owned

by from Motor City on January 8, 2011

After driving mostly Ford and Dodge trucks and getting burned by dealers and poor quality I thought I'd give the first foreign manufacturer that made a truck with a V8 a chance. I have taken that truck places a truck shouldn't be and made it back. Towed things I shouldn't have towed and it has never let me down. I have to say it has been the best truck I ever had for the last 9 years. I hate to say that I just bought a Tacoma and will be selling the Tundra soon. The Tacoma has a tough act to follow.

RELIABLE

by from Northern California on November 28, 2012

In one word, this truck is reliable. I bought my 2002 new and it now has 107,000 miles. I am planning on giving this to my son in 3 years when he is a senior in high school. I will be buying another Toyota Tundra because it is safer than a Tacoma. The only issue I have is the back bench is not as comfortable as the newer fullsize bench but still ok for most passengers. We plan on holding this truck untill we get 225,000 miles as many 2002 Tundras have gone beyond that.

Superior Half Ton Pickup Truck

by from Louisville, KY on March 31, 2017

Bought the 2002 Tundra Limited new in October 2001 and have driven it 212,000 miles. Like the Energizer Bunny, it keeps going and going. I enjoy looking at the simple styling of the vehicle every time I get in. It has had normal Toyota service and gets 14 - 18 mpg depending on driving type. In 16 years, it has never had a drip or bit of rust. Very comfortable ride.

Never broke down or failed to start.

by from Sarasota, FL on March 27, 2017

15 years old and runs like new. Doesn't burn or leak a drop off oil. I will run it till you can't get parts anymore, not that it uses many parts!!!!

360,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

by from on January 5, 2013

My Dad bought a brand new 2000 tundra V8 2wd. He drove it as his personal truck for 100,000 or so. And then me and my brother TORE!!!!! it up as a work truck ALL THE WAY TO 360,000 with no problems. At 360,000 all the wheels started falling off though but no engine troubles. The timing belt was never even changed either. I've owned 2 tundras so far with no problems. PEOPLE GET A TUNDRA!!!!!! NOT A F150, CHEVY 1500, OR RAM 1500!!! JUNK JUNK JUNK

Similar Models