2007 Tundra

2007 Toyota Tundra

2007 Toyota Tundra

4.4

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota Tundra?

Best full size on truck out there

by GS Thomas from Ft Wayne, IN on Fri May 14 2010

I have a 2007 Tundra that I bought used in August 2008 w/ 12k miles on it. It's a double cab 4.7L V8 4X4 w/ TRD offroad package. Awesome truck. It now has 40k miles on it and the only problem I've had was right when I took possession of it, it would kind of creep at low acceleartion level in 4WD. Took it to the dealer, as it was under warranty, and they fixed it...no problems since. PROS: The interior design of this truck changed the whole full size truck game. The huge dials and knobs are heavily constructed, it's ergonomically friendly and the interior is roomy. I'm 6'2" 215lbs and fit comfortably in the front or back. The crew cab is insanely large. I don't have it but test drove it and sat in back. The 4.7L V8 kicks out 280+ HP and is pretty throaty. the 5.7 V8 is like a race car in a truck. OEM tires were solid until 40k miles. Manhandles snow and bad driving conditions. Looks like a gem...get the wide chrome nerf bars. I get so many compliments on this truck. CONS: With off road package, ride is stiff and bouncy, but that's to be expected...shocks are meant to take on rough terrain. The only reason I didn't rank comfort 5 stars was because of this. If you don't get the TRD package, very comfortable truck. the 4.7L is the only reason I didn't go 5 stars on performance. Get the 5.7L if you want a 5 star engine.

I love this truck!

by 07TundraDC from Boca Raton, Florida on Sun Sep 05 2010

Had an 06 Tacoma before this and loved it, but it was a bit too small inside (I'm over 6 feet tall). Went and test drove a pre-owned 2007 Tundra Doublecab with the 5.7L engine...an hour later I was signing the paperwork. Great ride, comfortable seats, very powerful engine. Gets lots of looks, especially from the domestic truck owners who hate it, but still can't ignore it. It can be a pain when driving on the highway because of blind spots, but that's my only complaint. I love the truck. Wouldn't trade it for any other truck on the road.

Great Truck!!!

by Dexter from Denver, CO on Thu Jul 15 2010

I had a 3/4 ton truck before the Tundra and the Tundra does everything the 3/4 ton did but the ride is so much better. It rides like a car not a truck. I've hauled many antique vehicles with it, including a 1941 Ford fire truck, and the vehicle rode great and had the power needed. The only disappointing part of the truck is the size of the gas tank, which is 20 gallons. A larger tank would be nice.

Uses car for Towing

07 Toyota Crew Max Limited Tundra

by JoshBremen from Bremen, Ohio on Thu Jan 27 2011

I love this truck, it looks great and feels great. I don't think I could get anymore items on a truck. I got the TRD dual exhaust, the back up camera, a DVD player, the navigation head unit, leather, and a sunroof. I love the homelink system for programming the garage doors. This truck hauls a 16' trailer and 4 atv's better than my 07 Chevy 2500HD truck. The downside is the gas mileage on this truck. But I bet if I stayed off the gas it would be alot better. This truck is a 4 wheel drive sports car.

So far, so good

by Had a car, needed a truck from Pickens, SC on Sat Aug 08 2015

Before my 2007 Toyota Tundra, I had owned a 2002 Ford F150. When gas prices went crazy about 5 years ago, I panicked and sold it in order to get a more gas efficient vehicle (Stupid). Well, I eventually got back into the truck hunting game and had narrowed my choices down to a newer model F150 or a Toyota Tundra. I settled on the Tundra because of three things: 1. I personally like the look of the Tundra better 2. I had heard HORROR stories about the spark plugs in the 2005-2007 model Fords (research that before you buy) 3. My wife has driven a Highlander for 3 years and I'm super impressed by it's reliability. Gas mileage in this vehicle has stayed at 17mpg. Hwy or city, it doesn't matter. I'm getting 17mpg. Not bad for a V8. I am driving the smaller V8 (4.7L) but for what I'm doing with it, it works great. The interior is well made and has lots of room. Probably the best feature of the interior is all of the hidden compartments located throughout the cabin. Very handy! If I had to change one thing, I'd toss the standard stereo system in the closest lake. It is straight up GARBAGE! Other than that, I've been very pleased with the truck. Definitely worth taking a look at.

Definition of a Truck

by Tundra King from on Mon Mar 30 2009

I was completely blown away by this truck. The power is beyond belief. Interior is very roomy with lots of storage compartments. I only have two wheel drive, but it like a beast. I barely notice I'm towing anything. Fuel mileage isa also very good for a truck, but if you're worried about gas prices, I don't know why you'd get a truck to begin with.

Great buy

by 2007Tundra5.7 from West Palm Beach, Florida on Thu Jan 06 2011

I bought a 2007 Tundra doublecab certified pre-owned. I traded in a 2006 4Runner with the 4.7 V8. This truck rides like a cloud, has plenty of power with the 5.7, tows my boat effortlessly, has plenty of room inside, and is overall a pleasure to drive. Haven't had any problems so far...don't expect any. Its my 4th Toyota in a row. It can be kind of a pain to park since it is a "land yacht", but that's my only gripe. I get stares and compliments all the time. Get one!!!

Toying around

by toying around from Houston TX on Sun Mar 14 2010

I purchase a Tundra DC 2007 new, have 35000 miles, no problems so far, great power, 5.7 engine, 4x4 goes through anything, MPG's is about 14 city, 16 HWY. (if you step on it constantly 12 MPG) Paint is a little thin, road noise is acceptable, pulls with the best, a 11,000 lbs boat with not problem.No problems so far with the recall.

Trouble Free Driving

by Milesgalore. from New England on Mon Nov 22 2010

Muscle car performance in a stock truck, 134,000 miles no repairs other than maintenance,brake pads still OEM. Runs up a mountain towing 8000 lbs load without a sweat. Best driver seat you could put your butt in.

All Around Performer

by Hauling Kids and Toys from Colorado on Fri May 06 2011

Purchased a 2007 CrewMax Limited 4x4 5.7L and now have 65,000 miles on it. This truck has really held up mechanically as well as resale value. We've owned several other trucks, including domestics, so there is a good knowledge base for evaluation. The impressive features are the drive train performance and reliability, road manners, tight turning radius for its size, and large passenger area. Also love the power back glass. This truck still feels as tight as it was at 6,500 miles. No issues. Only replaced tires. Not so crazy about the interior style and dash layout. Seems there could have been a better use of all that space. Couldn't get a column shifter with the Limited trim level, which reduces seating to 5 maximum. Another downer is the 5.5' bed as the only configuration with the CrewMax. Was just looking at a new F150 and Ram 1500. The Tundra still holds its own, even though it's in it's 5th year of production. Engine performance is still right up there. 6 speed transmission is still as good as it gets. You can't get a bigger cab in any other brands, unless you go to a 3/4 ton, and only in the Dodge. Interior is looking cheap next to the Ford and especially Dodge, but this is a great truck overall.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota Tundra

After a couple of almost-there models, Toyota has gone all out with a half-ton pickup: the second-generation 2007 Tundra rolling into dealerships right now. My overall impression of the Tundra is that it's not a body-type game-changer, but it is a formidable player, and that's more than enough to satisfy buyers and threaten other truckmakers. From its high towing capacities and optional six-speed transmission to its safety and convenience features and roomy crew cab, the Tundra is a must-drive for anyone in the market for a full-size truck.

Exterior & Styling
The Toyota Tundra comes in three cab styles: regular, extended and crew, named Regular Cab, Double Cab and CrewMax, respectively. The... Read More