2008 Tundra

2008 Toyota Tundra

2008 Toyota Tundra

Have You Driven the 2008 Toyota Tundra?

Best Tundra Yet......

by 2008 Tundra Owner from Massachusetts on Mon Feb 27 2012

This is the second Tundra we have owned. The first being a 2000, the first year they were introduced. Our first Tundra was given to our daughter when it was 9 years old, she used it for two years and traded it in for a 2011 Toyota 4-runner! She loves her new Toyota 4-Runner. Our 2008 Tundra has such a wonderful turning radius for a big truck. We bought the V-8, 5.7 liter, TRD at the end of 2008 and went on a cross country trip from MA to CA. Went up those mountains of Utah and Colorado so easily, with no hesitation. If you are looking for stability, excellent performance, and trade in value in a truck..........buy a Tundra!

Best truck I have driven....

by Truck Man from Anna, TX on Thu Apr 24 2008

I bought the 2008 Tundra earlier this year. It is an excellent truck. The interior has better features than most of the Escalades and Navigators. There is storage space for everything including your laptop. The truck has exceptional power and torque. I am getting about 16 mpg in town and 19 mpg on hwy. It has the 5.7 liter V8 which I love. To sum it up this is the best truck money can buy and I am very happy to own one.

Best truck ever!

by Olaf from Los Angeles,Ca on Fri Nov 27 2009

Love my Tundra!Best truck in my life. Only what i do not like - MPG. From other hand - safety first!

Great truck, thirsty, but a great truck.

by Toyota Nut from Manhattan, KS on Mon Sep 22 2008

I have owned My 2008 Tundra for about 3 weeks now. First of all, I got a super deal on it. Brand new out the door for $24k. The dealer had a 2005 Tundra on the lot with 35k miles and they wanted $20K! No brainer there. I traded in my 2006 Pontiac G6 for the Tundra. I have had trucks before, went to the G6 to save on gas for a while, but hated it. Drove by the dealership and saw my Tundra with an $8000 rebate! MSRP on the sticker was $32k, got what I needed for the G6 and could not be happier. This is an awesome truck. I got the double cab, 5.7 V8. Inside the truck is so comfortable. I sometimes forget I'm driving a big fullsize truck. The backseat seems to have plenty of room for passengers. I really like the safety features of the truck. Standard side curtain airbags is something really cool. The center console is HUGE and it also has a lot of little storage areas in the cab. I'm not exactly sure what the "second" glove box is all about, but it is kind of a cool feature. My only complaint with the interior of the truck is the cupholders are a bit of a stretch from the driver's seat. The big 5.7 is plenty of motor, but then again this is a big truck. I like the biggest brakes in the class, and the frame that is used. The tailgate assist feature is really cool. I love the looks of the new Tundra, big and mean. It is a little on the thirsty side, but then again, I was driving a G6. My 2000 S-10 got about the same mileage as the Tundra. When you put your foot in this thing, it really goes. 381 horses is amazing. Overall, this truck is the best truck in it's class on the market. I drove the F-150, Silverado and Sierra. (Sorry, no Dodges or Nissans for me.) This truck was more comfortable, more truck and overall a better buy. Toyota quality and reliability is a big reason why I purchased this vehicle. I would still have my first Toyota truck today had it not been totaled. If you are considering a half-ton truck, check out all of the options, and you will like the Tundra.

Not worth the coin..

by ArEL from MD on Mon Mar 02 2009

Lots of problems, in the shop a dozen times for various issues over the last 8 months. 13mpg on HWY. Cheap plastic interior rattles and creaks, seats rattle, bed bounces, hard to reach controls on dash, transmission slams into drive from park and sounds like its going to fall out.. I could go on and on. I will say that it is the best looking truck on the road, but for $46k I expected way more quality.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Truck

by BigPoPPa21 from Northern Va on Mon Feb 22 2010

Great value with strong performance!!!! Worth the money. only bad is the paint is thin will scratch and pit easy.

Comfortable

by Adventure Guy from Saint Cloud, Minnesota on Wed May 14 2008

After driving smaller trucks for many years, I decided to go with a regular cab, long bed 4x4 with the 5.7 liter and 6 speed transmission. I'm getting older and I really wanted something that was going to be comfortable to drive, especially on those long trips. I was looking at the double cab until I found that the cargo area behind the bench seats is bigger than some domestic's with seats. I can get 4x5 gallon pails back there! I've gotten many a surprised comments about how the passenger seat feels more like a recliner. The front seat slides back more than enough for my legs attached to my 6'4" frame. I had considered dropping the reliability rating as there were some initial problems in the first 10k miles, but with the service I recieved AFTER the sale, it was no big deal. What cinched it for me was a no sales tactic/no antics dealer - a pleasurable buying experinece and a great truck. The truck sells itself and the buying experience should be considered a feature of a product in my opinion, so I included mine.

Rock Solid Truck

by texmln from Flower Mound, TX on Fri Nov 26 2010

Absolutely bullet proof powertrain that can handle anything you throw at it. Super smooth power and transmission. Hauling a heavy, heavy trailer feels effortless. Rides like a truck so it's not a luxurious ride but it's not horrible either. It's certainly the best truck I've ever owned and it does both farm and city duty so it has seen just about everything. I must say Toyota dealers are terrible when it comes to dealing with truck owners. They treat you like you're an idiot and it's really insulting. I've only been in once and I will never be back. I'll handle all of my own maintenance from here on out.

the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by brad from Willow park ,texas on Fri Feb 06 2009

after much research the Tundra drives the best and it is a Toyota!!!!! love it after 10000 plus miles.

Uses car for Towing

toyota tundra 2008

by touma48 from Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Mon Dec 05 2011

This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. Awesome power and excellent handeling. I recieve many compliments.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Toyota Tundra

The August sales figures are in, and if you build pickups, the news is still grim: Toyota's truck sales were down more than 17 percent compared with August 2007, reflecting a dismal year for every company that builds pickups.

This is not to say the need for pickups has declined, and last weekend I got that reminder when a friend called: He lives in a flood-prone area, and his garage was about to go under. We hooked up a trailer to this week's test vehicle, a Toyota Tundra, and filled the truck bed and the trailer with -- well, whatever he had in all those cardboard boxes.

There's a reason -- millions of reasons, actually -- why trucks have long been so popular, but those reasons have been eclipsed by... Read More