2008 Tundra

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Best Tundra Yet......

by 2008 Tundra Owner from Massachusetts on February 27, 2012

This is the second Tundra we have owned. The first being a 2000, the first year they were introduced. Our first Tundra was given to our daughter when it was 9 years old, she used it for two years and traded it in for a 2011 Toyota 4-runner! She loves her new Toyota 4-Runner. Our 2008 Tundra has such a wonderful turning radius for a big truck. We bought the V-8, 5.7 liter, TRD at the end of 2008 and went on a cross country trip from MA to CA. Went up those mountains of Utah and Colorado so easily, with no hesitation. If you are looking for stability, excellent performance, and trade in value in a truck..........buy a Tundra!

Best truck I have driven....

by Truck Man from Anna, TX on April 24, 2008

I bought the 2008 Tundra earlier this year. It is an excellent truck. The interior has better features than most of the Escalades and Navigators. There is storage space for everything including your laptop. The truck has exceptional power and torque. I am getting about 16 mpg in town and 19 mpg on hwy. It has the 5.7 liter V8 which I love. To sum it up this is the best truck money can buy and I am very happy to own one.

Best truck ever!

by Olaf from Los Angeles,Ca on November 27, 2009

Love my Tundra!Best truck in my life. Only what i do not like - MPG. From other hand - safety first!

Great truck, thirsty, but a great truck.

by Toyota Nut from Manhattan, KS on September 22, 2008

I have owned My 2008 Tundra for about 3 weeks now. First of all, I got a super deal on it. Brand new out the door for $24k. The dealer had a 2005 Tundra on the lot with 35k miles and they wanted $20K! No brainer there. I traded in my 2006 Pontiac G6 for the Tundra. I have had trucks before, went to the G6 to save on gas for a while, but hated it. Drove by the dealership and saw my Tundra with an $8000 rebate! MSRP on the sticker was $32k, got what I needed for the G6 and could not be happier. This is an awesome truck. I got the double cab, 5.7 V8. Inside the truck is so comfortable. I sometimes forget I'm driving a big fullsize truck. The backseat seems to have plenty of room for passengers. I really like the safety features of the truck. Standard side curtain airbags is something really cool. The center console is HUGE and it also has a lot of little storage areas in the cab. I'm not exactly sure what the "second" glove box is all about, but it is kind of a cool feature. My only complaint with the interior of the truck is the cupholders are a bit of a stretch from the driver's seat. The big 5.7 is plenty of motor, but then again this is a big truck. I like the biggest brakes in the class, and the frame that is used. The tailgate assist feature is really cool. I love the looks of the new Tundra, big and mean. It is a little on the thirsty side, but then again, I was driving a G6. My 2000 S-10 got about the same mileage as the Tundra. When you put your foot in this thing, it really goes. 381 horses is amazing. Overall, this truck is the best truck in it's class on the market. I drove the F-150, Silverado and Sierra. (Sorry, no Dodges or Nissans for me.) This truck was more comfortable, more truck and overall a better buy. Toyota quality and reliability is a big reason why I purchased this vehicle. I would still have my first Toyota truck today had it not been totaled. If you are considering a half-ton truck, check out all of the options, and you will like the Tundra.

Not worth the coin..

by ArEL from MD on March 2, 2009

Lots of problems, in the shop a dozen times for various issues over the last 8 months. 13mpg on HWY. Cheap plastic interior rattles and creaks, seats rattle, bed bounces, hard to reach controls on dash, transmission slams into drive from park and sounds like its going to fall out.. I could go on and on. I will say that it is the best looking truck on the road, but for $46k I expected way more quality.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Truck

by BigPoPPa21 from Northern Va on February 22, 2010

Great value with strong performance!!!! Worth the money. only bad is the paint is thin will scratch and pit easy.

Comfortable

by Adventure Guy from Saint Cloud, Minnesota on May 14, 2008

After driving smaller trucks for many years, I decided to go with a regular cab, long bed 4x4 with the 5.7 liter and 6 speed transmission. I'm getting older and I really wanted something that was going to be comfortable to drive, especially on those long trips. I was looking at the double cab until I found that the cargo area behind the bench seats is bigger than some domestic's with seats. I can get 4x5 gallon pails back there! I've gotten many a surprised comments about how the passenger seat feels more like a recliner. The front seat slides back more than enough for my legs attached to my 6'4" frame. I had considered dropping the reliability rating as there were some initial problems in the first 10k miles, but with the service I recieved AFTER the sale, it was no big deal. What cinched it for me was a no sales tactic/no antics dealer - a pleasurable buying experinece and a great truck. The truck sells itself and the buying experience should be considered a feature of a product in my opinion, so I included mine.

Best Bang For Your Buck

by Hoss65 from Hockley, Texas on December 10, 2010

Bought my '08 Tundra new in Jan. '08 and currently have approx. 45K miles on it. Interior room up front is more than adequate with bucket seats and center console. Double cab is excellent for passengers, or extra storage with the flip-up rear seat. Unfortunately, no towing package (will upgrade eventually). Performance is outstanding, put your foot down on the 'go pedal' and hang on! I really appreciate the side curtain airbags, anti-lock brakes, stability and traction controls. Safety was definitely a priority to the Toyota engineers and it shows. The only gripe I have, is the cost of ownership. Some of the scheduled maintenance can be pricey, that coupled with it's less than stellar fuel economy are my only complaints. In my opinion, these drawbacks are outweighed by the outstanding performance, interior comfort and safety and all-around utility of this truck. My father owns an '06 Tundra Double Cab 4.7l and says he wished he would've waited for the new body style, (it is a pretty sharp looking ride). You can buy a cheaper truck, but for my money, I'll be keeping this one till I 'drive the tires off it'!

Rock Solid Truck

by texmln from Flower Mound, TX on November 26, 2010

Absolutely bullet proof powertrain that can handle anything you throw at it. Super smooth power and transmission. Hauling a heavy, heavy trailer feels effortless. Rides like a truck so it's not a luxurious ride but it's not horrible either. It's certainly the best truck I've ever owned and it does both farm and city duty so it has seen just about everything. I must say Toyota dealers are terrible when it comes to dealing with truck owners. They treat you like you're an idiot and it's really insulting. I've only been in once and I will never be back. I'll handle all of my own maintenance from here on out.

Certified Preowned

by General Contractor from Akron, Ohio on October 30, 2009

Spent lots of hours researching this Toyota Model. Also compared to 09 Ram, Titan, and Chevy. Decided to buy Certified Preowned for the better warranty. Previously owned a 2000 Tundra. Decided to go back to Toyota. More bang for your buck. I can't believe this is a pick up! Drives like a luxury car. Take a test drive and decide.... Good Luck! G. C. 2008, SR5, TRD 4x4, 5.7 V8

1 2 3 4 5 6 7