2011 Tundra

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

Excellent

by DFW Tundra from Fort Worth, TX on August 24, 2011

Purchased a 2011 tundra 6 months ago, after extensive research and comparison. My brothers drive a dodge, Chevrolet, and Nissan trucks so I had intimate access to the competing trucks. 6 months later they all agree that the tundra is superior in most categories. Power is exceptional with the 5.7 liter, turning radius is surprising, and resell value is undoubtedly better which speaks to the durability of the truck. I am towing a 20 foot boat and it's quite enjoyable how the truck tows, there is literally no difference in performance with the boat in tow - to the point where my wife has asked, "did you forget to pick up the boat?" the only complaint is that there isn't a diesel option.....

So far, so good

by Light Truck user from San Jose, CA on June 1, 2011

I recently purchased a 2011 2wd Tundra Crewmax with the 4.6L engine. I was replacing a 1993 Toyota pickup that I had owned since it was new. I spent several years researching online and talking to every Tundra owner I could and finally decided that the Tundra was the right truck for me. So far I am very happy with my purchase. The truck is very roomy inside, I have two child seats in the back and both my boys are no longer able to kick the back of my seat. I tried putting these seats in the back of my father in-laws four door Tacoma and it was a very tight fit. Power and handling is excellent for my needs. I find the truck reasonably easy to park for being so large and the 4.6L has plenty of power for my light hauling and around town driving. The truck has good fit and finish and I have yet to find any need to return to my dealer. My only complaint thus far is even with remarkably conservative driving, I am averaging 14 mpg, way below the 15/20 on the window sticker. I am hoping that once I have more miles on the truck it will improve slightly. I realize it's not a Prius but other reviews led me to believe I could expect better. The basic sound system meets my needs but if you're an audiophile you may want to upgrade. The interior has a ton of storage and everything is fairly intuitive. If you've had a Toyota before you'll feel right at home in the Tundra.

2011 tundra SR5 off road TRD

by puppy squicher from florida on June 2, 2011

So far with 4000 miles on my 3 rd tundra a 02, 04, and my current 2011, trip mileage has been 18.3 @ 75 mph, with better handling at speed, less cross wind issues, better ride and seats very good acceleration great brakes, and generally excellent manners on the road. a real good truck from toyota

Uses car for Towing

best all around truck

by mycooltire from Texas on February 24, 2013

Great truck that can do it all. Pulls everything with ease. 3/4ton frame Iis strong. Keep your foot out of it and the gas mileage is pretty dang good. spacious crew max!!!!! Room for everything. Very happy. Thanks cars.com for all the research information i needed.

nicest looking truck I've owned

by truck enthusiast from Allentown,PA on January 3, 2013

Great looks. Powerful. Lots of get up and go on highway. Power will come in handy for towing. More room in rear seats than our Altima. All and all I expect long life and reliability from this Tundra Double Cab. I have owned a Toyota truck since !988. This is only 3rd one !! They run forever..

Transmission Flawed

by Trucknut from Illinois on November 2, 2011

I am a certified Toyota fan in addition to being a truck nut. I have owned4 Toyotas in the past, but never a Tundra. The thing that is making me want to trade it in after 5k miles is the rough shifting transmission. It is jerky from first gear through second gear especially when the engine is cold. With this transmission I am sure that others will complain about the jerky starts in the tundra. Dealer said it is fine even though I got into another one on the lot and it shifted fine. Before you get a Tundra, test drive one to make sure it shifts smoothly.

Perfect vehicle for travel & Recreation

by Outdoor Trucking from Sulphur, Louisiana on July 30, 2013

The vehicle I had been seeking needed to fit a seniors comfort combination for travel and recreation. Several short ways I can best describe this vehicle are: comfortable, powerful, handles like a car but does the work of a truck. Safety is always important both as passengers, drivers and others who surround us everyday. This vehiclel is equiped with a back up screen, great security built in proper air bags, bracking system and turning radias handling. The vehicle came with a great warranty. We were able to ad extended warranty that secures the out of pocket expenses given further financial security of unexpected high cost of repairs. The experience with the dealership was heart warming.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

So Far So Good.

by Outdoor Enthusiast/dad w/ small kids from Rochester, NY on January 2, 2013

I'm an ourdoor Enthusiast that now has a small family. I went with the Tundra Double cab cause it could fit the car seats. Kids are small so didn't need to get crewmax cab yet. So far I like it. It drives nice has a lot of power (way more than my old f150). I've driven it in snowy/icy roads and it felt very stable even in 2 wheel drive. Seats are not quite as comfortable than my old f150 but could be I'm still getting used to it. We'll see what happens, I went toyota for the reliablility. It will take several years before I have an opinion on that.

pontiac grand prix

by range rover from pittsburgh,pa. on November 8, 2012

my tundra handles excellently. i am a retiree who uses my tundra for an all purpose transportation. i just hope i can afford another tundra if i ever trade my 2011 toyota tundra in.

2011 tundra double cab trd offroad 2wd

by doublenickle from fl on January 10, 2012

this is the 3 tundra I have owned 2001 2004 and now the 2011, at 6000 miles I started getting 19.3 mpg, mixed town and hiway, and the 2 free oil changes of 0w20 synthetic are pretty good too. tows great, rides better than my 2004, double cab, the thought put into this truck was super. only thought I have is tire size and make, wish they would allow buyers to choose tire brand as 65 series tires do not have the sidewall protection I like but over all a great truck

1 2 3 4 5 6 7