2013 Tundra

2013 Toyota Tundra

2013 Toyota Tundra

Have you driven the 2013 Toyota Tundra?

great truck

by grampacc from vacnouver, b.c. on Sat May 02 2015

traded 07 tacoma for 2013 tundra as we purchased a larger travel trailer. didn't consider any other manufacturer as an owner of five toyotas which have been trouble free vehicles. tundra tows 27ft. trailer with little effort. only minor issue when towing is the small gas tank so fill-ups are more frequent than would like. am very satisfied with the tundra and dw is very comfortable driving it too.

Uses car for Towing

2013 crew max tundra

by Lincgmc from Grand Prairie on Wed Dec 28 2016

I was debating on up grading to a full size truck, since I had an 09 gmc sierra extended, which I purchased in 2015 with only 65k, great truck at the time but a lot of issues wrong, just to mention one, tranny started to act up a bit, not all the time but when it was needed most. Debating whether going back with a 2014 gmc sierra 4 door fully loaded sitting right next to a 2013 tundra 5.7 crew max. Test drive the gmc and decided to go with it, till my lady told me to drive the tundra and Man oh Man!! Da deliciousness of space, speed and comfort, even though it didn't have all the gadgets as the gmc, but it Wowed me on that test run. I said goodbye to my 09 gmc and hello to my 2013 tundra which by the way was 9k less than the gmc sierra. I'm a tundra customer 4 life!

Best truck on the market.

by Tbert5 from Crowley, Louisiana on Tue May 01 2018

Start with the negatives.. fuel mileage. Other than that i love the design, durability, and the dependability. The cab size on the crew max is phenomenal. The Tundra is (in my opinion) the best truck on the road.

Rock Solid

by TundraBuyer from Denver, CO on Wed May 30 2018

I bought the work truck package version of the Tundra so it is light on frills and luxury accessories. That being said, the vinyl used on the seats is actually much softer/nicer than you would expect. The engine is the smaller 4.6L but still provides plenty of to power to climb mountain passes effortlessly. Engine is extremely quiet and Ive read reviews that noted this fact as if it was a bad thing. For me, I dont want or need a loud obnoxious exhaust. I prefer less noise in the cabin. Excellent reliability was the biggest selling point for me.

Great Truck

by scr333 from Wisconsin on Fri Dec 11 2015

I have driven a Toyota truck since 1988. They are the best truck on the market. The Tundra is a fantastic work or play truck. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it as they are incredibly reliable and hold strong re sale values. Probably a lot less to own than other makes over the entire duration of ownership. Very strong and incredibly smooth engine and transmission. Plenty of room and features available. I have always gotten plenty of compliments on my Toyota's. Only drawback on this truck in my opinion is some of the hard plastic used for the interior. Seems a bit low grade. No problem with it but maybe some leather or higher grade vinyl would have been nice. Overall no complaints, great truck. You get what you pay for!

Feels Good

by wboone61 from Nacogdoches, Texas on Sun Nov 18 2012

Dash instruments are well placed and easy to see. Very appealing styling. I have the 4.6 engine with the trailer towing package with the 4.01 rear end. You have to get familiar with this or you'll spin your wheels and pop your neck. I have the Double cab style. When the front seats are all the way back it is a little tight for tall people sitting in the back seat. Noise level is very low. Even at highway speeds normal conversation is easy. Overall I'm impressed and would recommend this vehicle.

Uses car for Towing

One of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned

by Yota from Linton, IN on Sat Jul 27 2013

I have owned Toyotas for more than 30 years, would never own any other car or truck. This is my 2nd. Tundra. I love the dependiblity of Toyota.

True Beast Among Full Size Trucks

by gw from Centennial on Thu Dec 20 2012

2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited 5.7L TRD Rock Warrior: There's nothing not to like about this truck. Does it get 22mpg? No, but you probably have bigger problems if the difference of 5mpg is going to break the bank. Toyota is the ONLY manufacturer currently using the SAE-J2807 standard for their tow rating. That means that the other truck tow ratings might as well come with an "*" as standard equipment. Fantastic truck--5.7 is powerful, smooth and the 6 speed transmission shifts like butter. Luxury, great looks, capability, and long term reliability.

Best truck for the money

by Tony from Illinois on Wed Jun 04 2014

I have driven Chevy ,Ford,and Ram in 2004 I bought my first of 5 Tundra's,being a business owner I was looking for a reliable truck that holds its value,and that turned out to be the tundra, The first tundra I had 2000000 mi on it, no isssues, but, brakes and tires,it was used hard with plowing and hauling changed oil on regular basis just jump in and go,after that first tundra which was a 2002 I have been hooked,I am now driving a 2013 platinum couldn't be happier ! test drove the new GMC,and Ram I did not think the ride was any better than the platinum model, it did look like the MPG was about 2 mpg better ,but not worth the loss of dependability or retained value of the tundra BUY ONE YOU WON'T BE SORRY !

2013 Tundra, solid value

by Horse Hauler from Parker, CO on Tue Oct 01 2013

Pd $29,500 for a new Tundra, got more of the stripped down version. Had looked at used but the discounts were too small when you figured the use they had left, so I bought new. 2 years of maintenance didn't hurt. Mileage started out at 15.25, now at 16.75 on a mix of highway and city. Hitch it up to a trailer and it loves gas, not sure how bad the mileage is, but it isn't pretty. Installed my own deck rail system using struts from the local home supply warehouse, and I just love the truck. Rides great, but more importantly it has power to haul horses or tractors. Got the tow package so having the prewire for the brake controller was huge. BUT, there is no hot wire in the harness to run the interior trailer lights, so that kind of stinks, I'll need to add that. It's a Toyota, so I fully expect to get 250k out of it, but so far I have 2k on it so it is way too early to rant and rave about reliability. Hope it is like our 4Runner that has 190k on it now and runs and feels like new still. Only drawback is that the gauges are recessed deep, and the steering wheel is in the way, so they're not the easiest to keep tabs on. As I get used to the truck I'm sure this will become less of an issue, but I also think Toyota fixed this with the 2014 redesign? All and all a great truck, looking forward to having it for a long, long time.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5 6