2013 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Tundra
Average based on 22 reviews

Great Truck

by from Wisconsin on December 11, 2015

I have driven a Toyota truck since 1988. They are the best truck on the market. The Tundra is a fantastic work or play truck. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it as they are incredibly reliable and hold strong re sale values. Probably a lot less to own than other makes over the entire duration of ownership. Very strong and incredibly smooth engine and transmission. Plenty of room and features available. I have always gotten plenty of compliments on my Toyota's. Only drawback on this truck in my opinion is some of the hard plastic used for the interior. Seems a bit low grade. No problem with it but maybe some leather or higher grade vinyl would have been nice. Overall no complaints, great truck. You get what you pay for!

great truck

by from vacnouver, b.c. on May 2, 2015

traded 07 tacoma for 2013 tundra as we purchased a larger travel trailer. didn't consider any other manufacturer as an owner of five toyotas which have been trouble free vehicles. tundra tows 27ft. trailer with little effort. only minor issue when towing is the small gas tank so fill-ups are more frequent than would like. am very satisfied with the tundra and dw is very comfortable driving it too.

Uses car for Towing

One of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned

by from Linton, IN on July 27, 2013

I have owned Toyotas for more than 30 years, would never own any other car or truck. This is my 2nd. Tundra. I love the dependiblity of Toyota.

Design Refinements

by from River Ridge, LA on October 15, 2012

Much wasted space. Designers could have added more storage cubby holes (like on the Sienna) and added bag hanging hooks on the back of the seats. Looking down tubes to read the instruments is bothersome. Power steering seems to be weak. Acceleration with small V8 is great.

True Beast Among Full Size Trucks

by from Centennial on December 20, 2012

2013 Tundra Crewmax Limited 5.7L TRD Rock Warrior: There's nothing not to like about this truck. Does it get 22mpg? No, but you probably have bigger problems if the difference of 5mpg is going to break the bank. Toyota is the ONLY manufacturer currently using the SAE-J2807 standard for their tow rating. That means that the other truck tow ratings might as well come with an "*" as standard equipment. Fantastic truck--5.7 is powerful, smooth and the 6 speed transmission shifts like butter. Luxury, great looks, capability, and long term reliability.

2013 Tundra, solid value

by from Parker, CO on October 1, 2013

Pd $29,500 for a new Tundra, got more of the stripped down version. Had looked at used but the discounts were too small when you figured the use they had left, so I bought new. 2 years of maintenance didn't hurt. Mileage started out at 15.25, now at 16.75 on a mix of highway and city. Hitch it up to a trailer and it loves gas, not sure how bad the mileage is, but it isn't pretty. Installed my own deck rail system using struts from the local home supply warehouse, and I just love the truck. Rides great, but more importantly it has power to haul horses or tractors. Got the tow package so having the prewire for the brake controller was huge. BUT, there is no hot wire in the harness to run the interior trailer lights, so that kind of stinks, I'll need to add that. It's a Toyota, so I fully expect to get 250k out of it, but so far I have 2k on it so it is way too early to rant and rave about reliability. Hope it is like our 4Runner that has 190k on it now and runs and feels like new still. Only drawback is that the gauges are recessed deep, and the steering wheel is in the way, so they're not the easiest to keep tabs on. As I get used to the truck I'm sure this will become less of an issue, but I also think Toyota fixed this with the 2014 redesign? All and all a great truck, looking forward to having it for a long, long time.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Feels Good

by from Nacogdoches, Texas on November 18, 2012

Dash instruments are well placed and easy to see. Very appealing styling. I have the 4.6 engine with the trailer towing package with the 4.01 rear end. You have to get familiar with this or you'll spin your wheels and pop your neck. I have the Double cab style. When the front seats are all the way back it is a little tight for tall people sitting in the back seat. Noise level is very low. Even at highway speeds normal conversation is easy. Overall I'm impressed and would recommend this vehicle.

Uses car for Towing

best truck for under 35k

by from colorodo on December 15, 2012

i like this truck but rides a bit like a bucking bronco if you have to go over some big bumps you really feel it and feels like your getting tossed around alot.

Great truck

by from Denver, CO on November 29, 2012

Drives great and gets OK mileage for a truck 15-16 in town and 18-19 mountain driving. Towed my boat and jetski, and snowmobiles great so far in the mountains.

TOYOITA TUNDRA 2013

by from Palm Bay, FL on February 4, 2013

I actually did some serious homework on the Tundra when i was a government contractor in Afghanistan. I looked at all the websites and knew what I wanted. i can tell you the pictures of the Tundra did not do it justice. I bought a 2013 Grey Toyota Tundra (work grade). I have the double cab, V-8, tow package, 4.7 liter, standard bed, 6 speed automatic transmission. The truck was much bigger than the pictures led me to believe. No problem there. If i should have to tow a trailer i feel confident with the tow package and the tow / hauling extras the Toyota comes with. The back seat is spacious and can fit 3 easily. The front panel is laid out nice and easy to read. I like all the auxillary plug ins for my satellite radio, I-pod and cell recharger. Stero package is a defintie plus. The interior dampens a lot of the outside noise. I have read where the sterring seeems to require extra effort and I believe it. I do not know why, but I think the steering requires some extra effort to make sharp turns more than other trucks I have driven. Overall, I think a great buy and i am pleased so far.