2017 Tundra

2017 Toyota Tundra

#7 Most Popular Truck
2017 Toyota Tundra

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota Tundra?

Might be dated but still deserves a look

by NW.truck from SeattleWa on Mon May 08 2017

When looking to replace my 2008 tundra I looked at f150s, Silverado and the new Titan. All those trucks where impressive in there own right. What put me back in a tundra was the pricepoint comparatively to its competition and the reputation for reliability. The truck it self is a 2017 Tundra CrewMax SR5 TRD with the 5.7. This truck wasn't the most powerful truck I test drove but the power from the 5.7 has been more than enough for towing and hauling. This truck is used off-road quite a bit and in that aspect it has worked great also, ground clearance is good, bilstien shocks are great. I would prefer a locking rear diff like the Titan and f150 but ATRAC seems to be handling everything with no problem. At the end of the day the tundra isn't for everyone. It's not the fastest nor does it have the highest tow rating or the best MPG, but for me it the right combination of utility, capability at a price I could live with- $39,462

Almost Perfect

by Ian from Springdale, AR on Fri Apr 14 2017

I test drove all the trucks currently available (except the Titan, not interested) and actually had my eye on a Ridgeline. But the power and full size of the Tundra for the price of the Ridgeline, and the other American trucks with huge discounts was tough to beat. On top of that, I am used to where all the controls are, myself being used to foreign vehicles. There were just too many things with the American trucks that bugged me, but the Tundra was just right. The only down side thus far is the gas mileage, rated 4mpg lower than the rest, and so far not even achieving that (not that V8 trucks are supposed to get good mileage). But I will take the mileage hit just so the rest of the truck works and functions the way I want it to. Very recommended.

Longtime search for my pickup truck

by Flyboy from Ohio on Sat May 20 2017

I have waited a long time to purchase my truck and looked at many. The Toyota Tundra is a solid and reliable vehicle that has held its value well over the years. I originally was looking fir a good used vehicle but found that most owners keep their Tundra pickups so finding a good used one was not easy and was expensive when I found one. I finally decided on a new 2017 Tundra Crewmax and love it. The ride is smooth and the handling is solid. I love this truck.

Reliable - Powerful - Value

by TunMan from Norwalk, CT on Fri May 12 2017

This is a great all round truck for snow plowing, towing, and with the CrewMax cab very comfortable for four adults. I took a few stars off for useless headlights, no keyless entry or push button start. Seats are alright but the technology is very outdated. It should be noted you will pay $10k more for a loaded up F150 or alike. All in all its a good bang for the buck and a workhorse.

Finest Truck on the Road

by RichardP from Richardson, Texas on Sat Jun 03 2017

The 1794 Tundra is a luxury "Texas" edition truck. The comfort and room in this vehicle are so outstanding that you don't think of this as a "truck". Blind spot monitors, backup camera, tilting head lights, parking assist sensors, premium stereo, fully adjustable power seat that are both heated and cooled, and a complete array of touch screen computer equipment. This is definitely NOT your granddad's truck! Highly recommend this vehicle. Fine esthetics both interior and exterior. Great looking! I now own two of them!!

Very nice truck

by Bubby from Slidell,la on Fri Apr 07 2017

This is my second tundra and I pull dirt bikes on weekends and other trailers and this truck handles it like nothing is back there

Uses car for Towing

Best on the Road

by JessCast from Holden Ma on Sat May 20 2017

This truck needed to fit the role of family wagon, toy hauler and daily driver and I just have to say that so far it fits our family like a glove. My kids can't get over the size of the rear seating (Crewmax). The wife loves the quiet cabin and comfortable seats. I can't say enough about my Tundra it truly is perfect!

3rd Tundra! Keep getting better

by Builder from Medina, Ohio on Sun Jul 02 2017

I started back in 1999 when I ordered the 2000 Tundra TRD SR5. Sold it in 2008 with 118,000 miles Bought an 2008 Tundra SR5 TRD 4x4 certified in 2009 with just 10,000 Mikes on it. Just traded it with 151,000 miles and got 13 grand! for it at the dealer so I of course bought a brand new 2017 Tundra TRD 4x4 and absolutely love this truck. Comes with so many options and gadgets as a standard. Very fun to drive! Something every day to look forward to the drive home.

Our third Tundra

by Platinum Pro Edition from Herriman, UT. on Thu Jun 08 2017

We got a platinum Tundra, with TRD Pro suspension, exhaust, air intake, and skid plate, the truck is awesome, after all said and done, the truck was expensive, but you get what you pay for. Very happy with this truck, as a daily driver, and weekend off road.

3rd Tundra maybe my last

by Toyota Driver from Texas Panhandle on Sun Oct 07 2018

Loved the first two I purchased since 2007..The 2017 has had starting issues since 6 months ago.. when the motor is warm is turns over way to long. Amarillo dealer just charged me for a 1200 $ charcoal fither and said the flatbed I put on it was the problem.. Its a truck maybe go back to bulding all cars or get dealers that can solve the problem.. 27,000 miles on it now..not even broke in..just broke

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14