2014 Toyota Venza consumer reviews

$27,950–$31,220 MSRP range
side view of 2014 Venza Toyota
Explore the 2014 Toyota Venza
Shop the 2014 Toyota Venza

It's a real nice automobile

2014 Limited AWD // When you purchase the Limited it should have the high tech option included and not be an extra cost item. The passenger seat is only a 4 way power seat and this was almost a deal breaker. The tire monitoring does not display on the smart screen. These are con's that I don't like. On the Pro side this is my first Toyota and I do not regret making the purchase. I tried a few of the other manufactures SUV's out but kept coming back to the Venza. The seat height is just perfect for getting in and out of the vehicle and the seats although a little short are very comfortable. Took a trip to Tennessee and up into the Smoky Mountain and it performed flawlessly. The slap stick shift option was also very useful coming down the mountain. The biggest surprise was the output of the V6 engine. There is no problem merging onto the highway in a hurry if you have too. The mileage is acceptable and should get better when it is fully broken in.

Excelletn All Around

We lost our RAV4-V6 in a total smashup. It cannot be replaced New since Toyota ridiculously stopped making the V6 model. They did the same with the Highlander we liked in 2008, increased the size way too much. That's how we got our RAV4-V6. Well the Venza 2014, V6, is even better. The acceleration is almost as good, but everything else is better, EXCEPT the controls for the Air Conditioner/Heater. You simpler dare not change the fan speed while driving. It is too difficult to find the buttons for the speed. They should have made the controls easy to access by feel.

great dealership great car

Ilike my sales person Mike Mclaughin show the cars and trucks with a lot of knowledge .We have a vensa and tacoma both 2014 and have had a 2010 vensa before my son now has that. I also has a son that drives a toyota

Long time admirer

I have admired the Venza since it first came out in 2009. We finally bought one this year as I am trying to downsize from a Chevy Avalanche and upsizing from my wife's Camry. Time will tell if it works out but so far it is great.

Reliability, Comfort, Safety and Utility

I've had my 2009 V-6 Venza for 5 years and 85,000+ miles. It has everything I want in a car - reliability (one minor problem in 5 years), comfort, safety (love the 20-inch tires, especially in wet weather), and utility (I've hauled pine needles to queen headboards with no problems). The storage space is awesome - places for keys, business cards/credit cards, gadgets, books, ipads, and the most convenient iphone holder ever. Easy to reach cup holders in the front for the driver. Love the power lift gate - as I roll my groceries to the car, I hit the button and the lift gate goes up and by the time I get to the car, I just slide my groceries in, because the cargo area is the perfect height for me (I'm 5'1"). Thinking that I might trade before my car gets to 100K, I've begun looking around and reading reviews. This is a hard car to beat. It may not be the best selling, but those who own it, generally love it. I wish it was a little slimmer - sometimes getting into tight parking garage spaces can be a bit tricky, but with future electronics and more cameras, that may be a moot point. All in all, I love my Venza!

Easy in and out

Very comfortable. A great car for older adults who don't need a n SUV. You sit high which gives great visability.

My First 1,000 Miles in Venza

"I've owned my 2014 Toyota Venza XLE FWD for just over three weeks and have driven it over 1,200 miles. The V6 engine is responsive, smooth, and is returning about 20 mpg in mostly city driving. I have observed just over 28 mpg average on a 40 mile road trip at speeds between 55 and 75 mph. The black leather interior is inviting with very comfortable adjustable power seats. The height on the 20 in wheels gives you a very good view of the road. I enjoy the hands free calling 'blue tooth' feature that automatically pairs with my phone each time I start up the vehicle, and the navigation package with the voice commands. This is about as much artificial intelligence I need in my car. I do believe that Toyota should refine the suspension on the Venza somewhat. On good highways, the ride is firm and smooth with good handling in turns, but if I hit any kind of rough surfaces or pot holes it feels like a hard landing in the cabin. A 20 gallon gas tank with the V6 would be more practical than the standard 17.7fuel tank as 20 gallons would give the Venza a 500 mile highway cruising range. Overall, the Venza is an excellent vehicle with the 3.5 L V6. It delivers a sedan like ride, returns decent fuel economy and the seats are comfortable. A great car for someone who doesn't need a third row seat, but wants a five door wagon that drives like a sedan.

Being old enough to purchase exactly what I want

I love driving my new Venza. There are so many fun bells and whistles that every ride is an adventure! I love the colors, the comfort, and the smooth sailing. I'll look down an be going way over the limit without noticing a thing. It is definitely a great way to spoil me this year!!

4.4

Great value and very comfortable

I turned in a 2012 Venza for a 2014 and the 2014 has a tighter suspension so you can feel the road. I really feel this is a great value vehicle. The back seat is a roomy as the S500's I have owned and everyone who sits back there likes the reclining rear seats. Very comfortable road trip vehicle.

truly a great auto

love everything about this Toyota Venza, but one thing. The motor Raws a little to much when stepping on the accelerator ... otherwise it's a great, great vehicle.