2010 Yaris

2010 Toyota Yaris

2010 Toyota Yaris

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have you driven the 2010 Toyota Yaris?

2010 YARIS

by YARIS LOVER from Near Washington, D.C. on Sat Jul 24 2010

I recently purchased a 2010 YARIS. I was lucky to find a dealer that had a "factory" car. Less than 5,000 miles. Why did I purchase a TOYOTA product.....answer....reliability. At first I found the center mounted instruments awkward however; after a week of driving the car I was used to the instruments being placed in the certer of the dash. One day, I just automatically looked to the center of the dash. I know, by reading other reviews that other owners do not like this arrangement....but I like it. Another complaint that I have read is that the driver has to reach his arms out to grip the steering wheen....I have gotten used to that too. I have taken the car out on the highway and made a 200 mile trip. I was VERY impressed with how the car handeled at high speeds.....I have read complaints about engine noise....in my openion it is low. When I did go out looking for another car I had already decided that I wanted a 5 speed manual transmission....My car has such a transmission. By using the gears properly, I have been able to receive 40+ miles to the gallon.....I usually get about 38 mpg.....Dealer service.....Toyota of Waldorf, Waldorf, MD. is GREAt.

Best economy car ever!

by rjpalmateer from Topeka, KS on Sat Oct 16 2010

We own four of these cars and absolutely love them! We first found out about them on Yahoo!'s top 10 list of least expensive cars to own. Yaris was number one! I get 40 mpg in my automatic. We have 3 2010's and 1 2008, hatchbacks, a 2-door, and 2 sedans. The hatchbacks have more headroom in the back seat than the sedans do. My husband is 6'3" and has plenty of room. They ride really nicely for a small car too! You'll love this car!

Pretty good car for the money worth

by New buyer of 2010 Yaris from on Wed Nov 17 2010

I especially like the middle dash board. It gives me unblocked view and I can put GPS right in front of me. The only thing I don't quite like is that the steering wheel doesn't smoothly return back after you made a turn. You have to undo the turn.

A lot of car in a little economical package

by Musician from Richmond,VA on Mon Jan 24 2011

My new Yaris is a fun little car. I have a hatchback and like all the storage space. I can fit my entire drum set in this car and still take my wife with me to a band job. The gas milage is great @ 40 mpg. The engine compartment is laid out well with easy access to maintenance items. Interior is comfortable. I have grown fond of the dashboard layout with the gauges in the middle and find myself missing this feature in other cars when I have to look around the steering wheel.

Excellent Utility Car

by William from Abilene Texas on Wed Jul 01 2015

I bought my 2010 Yaris in January 2010. Since then I have purchased a 2012 Honda Civic (did not trade in the Yaris) and a 2013 Hyundai Sonata (did not trade in the Yaris). Out of all these cars, the Yaris is driven the most. It drives OK, its power (considering it only 91.3 cubic inch motor) is OK. Its gas mileage is really good with an average of 36-38 mpg. On a few longer trips it has averaged between 42-44 mpg. Center mounted dash means that it has three glove compartments. It has two cup holders right in front of the AC vents. Cold drinks stay cold. Do not put your morning cup of coffee in one of these cup holders. Fold down the rear seat and a fully assembled 26-ich bicycle will fit in the car, I know because my wife just bought one. It is used for grocery shopping frequently because two and three weeks of groceries will easily fit in this car. The Yaris is a good all around utility vehicle and it is exceptionally reliable.

Pleasantly Surprised

by Yaris Convert from Tucson, AZ on Wed Feb 08 2012

I traded in my Nissan Rogue to save some gas on my commute to work. I have been pleasantly surprised by the Yaris. The positives: this car is fun to drive, easy to park, has a tight turning radius, decent stereo, cheap to maintain, has a nice trunk size, and is comfortable on trips of less than an hour. Biggest positive is the gas mileage. In a mix on city and highway, I have averaged 35.2 miles per gallon. The negatives: cruise control is not standard ( I added it), long trips are not as comfortable as most cars, the cupholders are positioned in front of the vents, blocking air flow from the dash and the steering wheel has an odd texture that is not very comfortable. All minor, but worthy of consideration. Overall, I am a Yaris convert and love it as a commuter car and gas saver. Its positives FAR outweigh the minor issues mentioned.

YikeYourNewBuCah

by Dotter from Fort Wayne, IN on Thu Aug 05 2010

2 yr old granddaughter says that all the time! Me, too, I tell her. Small, a little sporty, handles well (except in HIGH winds/storms). All the things the website likes PLUS I actually like having the instrument panel in the middle so I can still see the road...never a problem. I chose it for gas mileage, mainly, because I really don't haul anything and the only action the backseat gets is when the granddaughter is back there in her carseat! Just had first oil change at 5K so I can't tell you about reliability yet...

Love this car

by yarislover from Boulder, CO on Tue Mar 20 2012

I originally was wanting and echo because I thought that they were so cute but the Yaris is the newer model and they have stopped making echos. I love my Yaris it is adorable, easy to park and fun to drive. The only thing I don't like is that you have to let it warm up for a while when you start it or you will have to drive in a lower gear than Drive like 2nd. The dash (gas gauge, spedometer, oil) is in the middle of the dash instead of right in front of the driver so that threw me off at first. I LOVE the cupholders, instead of crowding up the the middle they are on the dash by the side windows. Super accessible and genious. The trunk is super spacious without having to have a long car which I love. And the gas millage is excellent!

Love it

by Angel from Mountain View, MO on Mon Jun 11 2012

Got the sedan. Great trunk room. When my grandson first looked at it he asked if I really wanted it because it seemed so small. After he got in his comment was" Grandma it has more room then Mom's car!" Now he can't wait to get his license so he can drive it. I got 42 miles per gal on the Hwy and have averaged 38. I Really love it

Amazingly Awesome Car

by Crazy busy Yaris Owner! from Orchard Park, NY on Tue Sep 11 2012

I bought my yaris 32,000 miles ago and I am still in love with it. I have the five door hatchback, and the amount of items I can fit into the car is amazing! I have avereged about 38 MPG, but I have recieved as high as 44MPG!!!!!! I live in the hills and never have been stuck in the snow, or had to even worry about the hard winters in Buffalo. (I do put snow tires on but I think anyone up here should) very reliable little car, and not a lot of money! Plus Toyota's are always known for lasting forever!! I use the car for everything, I needed something reliable, becasue I am an EMT and do a lot of volunteering all over. And this car has proved it's amazing skills!! I love all the little hideaway compartments!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2010 Toyota Yaris

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2009 about the 2009 Toyota Yaris. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

In the world of subcompact cars, things have improved greatly over the past few years. Today's smallest models offer a lot of room, good fuel economy and surprising levels of quality for small amounts of money. The Toyota Yaris is in this segment, and this is the first year the smallest Toyota has been available as a four-door hatchback; previously, only a two-door hatch and a sedan were offered.

Testing the new four-door hatchback, I found myself enjoying the... Read More