2013 Toyota Yaris Consumer Reviews

4.0
Average based on 6 reviews

Great Car Value

by from Detroit, Mi on December 16, 2013

This car was purchased to commute for a 60 mile round trip daily commute with a 60% city, 40% highway split. The handling is great. The gas mileage is about 36 mpg. Car accommodates four average size adults. The storage compartment, behind the rear seats, can hold a weeks worth of groceries for a large family and with the rear seats folded down the Yaris can transport a 7 foot Christmas tree.

2009 yaris review

by from houston texas on February 25, 2013

got 66,000 miles .no problems as of yet. Would buy another. Great commuter car. excellent gas milage. Fairly smooth ride

James On The Lynnway Had My Deal

by from NH on March 20, 2015

I was on a limited budget and looking for a small dependable car. Now we all know Toyota has many older cars still out on the road so I went in search for a tiny Yaris and anything but a Red one. I searched online and found one, 50 miles south of me, in my allotted budget and it was WHITE! I love it, though used(2013) with a few dings, after all it was a rental I no longer had to worry about putting the first scratch on it or being without wheels. Thanks Toyota for making a car even I could afford and to James at on the Lynnway in MA Thanks so much!

Good drive

by from Las Vegas, NV on November 18, 2013

Rented, drove 2500 miles in 4 days through mountains with moderate load. Ran great, better than expected ride. Averaged over 36 up and down the mountains, better on the flats. Drove 70 to 75 a lot of the way with no bogging on the hills or passing. Even at 70 lots of passing power. Really impressed

Good car, but who would need it?

by from Des Moines, IA on November 25, 2014

I have got this car for rent and drove about 1,800 miles on highways. First I would like to talk about positive experience. Car drives very well. Good response to the steering wheel, accelerates quickly and smoothly. The driving and handling for this car just superior if you take into account its size. Now, several words of what can be/needs to be improved if it is possible to improve at all. Instrument panel light is red. My eyes become tired quickly after driving in the night with this red light coming from the instrument panel. After 2 hours drive in the night I realized that looking at this aggressive red light annoys and distract me very much. There is enough space for legs in this car (I am 6 feet tall), however, if I make it comfortable for my legs, my arms are stretching to the full extent, if I make it comfortable for my arms, my feet are bended and not comfortable. Finally I have decided that the comfort for my legs is more important. I was not feeling comfortable while driving so many miles. Gas milage is the biggest concern that I have for this car. EPA gas mileage estimation for this car is only 36-37 mpg, keep in mind there are many other automakers who offer gas mileage (EPA estimate) close to 40 mpg for similar size cars. Toyota already has a car that delivers 46 mpg on highway and 50 mpg in a city (and costs a little bit more than Yaris), than why would you need to buy Yaris with 30 mpg in a city and 36 mpg on highway? My conclusion: If you would like to buy a compact car from Toyota, that would be reasonably comfortable, drivable and has decent MPG, buy Toyota with 50 mpg in a city and 46 mpg on highways. I do not understand why someone would waist his/her money on Yaris.

NEED MORE POWER!!!

by from on December 30, 2012

The car is very good never had a problem with it but the interior is very poor even in the se and the engine need moro torque special in 3 gear you have to drive it very rev but anything else is ok!