2009 Volkswagen Cc

VW CC 6CYL IS A RACE CAR!

by from LIBERTY TOWNSHIP on September 18, 2017

MORE POWER THAN MY LANCIA AND ALPHA ROMEO, COMBINED. OTHER THAN IT EATS GAS ON A TAKEOFF,I LOVE IT!!!

Uses car for Havingfun

Great mix of practical car, performance, and desig

by from bloomington, in on August 12, 2017

I've loved owning this car for 6+ years. Only downside is it seats 4 instead of 5...tough with 3 kids!

All Around A Joy To Own and Drive

by from Geneva, NY on July 19, 2017

I bought my VW CC used in 2012 and I still find excitement in owning and driving it. It's a comfortable ride, the only catch is it seats only 4 people. I always keep up with routine maintenance and have had no major issues. The only parts I have had replaced are tires, wipers, and breaks and I am currently over 114,000 miles. Tires do tend to wear more than average due to the camber of the tires but it's worth the advantage in handling. I will keep this car until it's a classic!

Best bang for your bucks in mid level-luxury

by from Phoenix, AZ on July 10, 2017

I believe this vehicle was built to compete with the high end luxury cars in its' exterior lines (borrowed from Mercedes CL Class), interior comfort (similar in functionality to Audi A6) and performance (acceleration, stopping power, cornering and top speed all in the class of sport luxury cars higher in price). As a used vehicle, you are buying a lot of car for a little expense.

Paint sucks

by from Green Bay, WI on July 8, 2017

The paint on this vehicle is not great. It chips easily, allowing rust and other unsightly agents to form on the exterior of the vehicle.

Hidden coats

by from Green Bay, WI on July 4, 2017

This car is pretty great, but it does have hidden costs. It needs fender replacement due to cheap factory paint and there is excessive carbon buildup within the engine.

Volkswagen CC Luxury 2009 112K miles 2nd owner

by from Chicago, IL on May 5, 2017

Latest CARFAX Ready. Latest multi point report from VW Dealership (at 110K maintenance) is ready. Car runs smooth without any trouble for the past 9mo. Seller is friendly, dedicated, and is the 2nd owner of the car.

Wonderful Entry to Premium Cars

by from Chicago, IL on March 19, 2017

This has been a very good car to me. This was the first car I have bought for myself that would be considered premium/luxury oriented and it was well worth every penny I spent. I picked up my used 2009 VW CC Sport just shy of $15k used at 60k miles in 2015. This is technically the base model but it featured auto hold, an auto dimming rearview mirror, a dual clutch gearbox, great speakers, and heated automatic leather seats that struck a perfect balance between comfort and sporty feeling. These are just the most noteworthy things in my mind as there are more features. For the price I paid I am very satisfied. This car feels more Audi than VW at a lot of times. My only issue currently is a few rattling plastics but a 6 year old car with 82k miles begs to have small blemishes. The 2.0t motor sips on gas and makes very good power when you want it. When paired to the dual clutch gearbox and its quick shifts it made passing any car at any time very easy. Though these motors are known to have an issue with the timing chain tensioner (research before purchasing) mine has yet to have the dreaded issue. Front wheel drive limits how quickly it can fly around corners however that is not the point of buying this car. Even then, it hustles when you want it to and gets you to where you want to quickly with precise if not slightly numb steering. This car however is not perfect. The beautiful sloping roof adds a layer of class and character to the car but makes it nearly impossible to see out of the rear. Opt for one specced with a rear facing camera if possible. Also, its impossible to avoid the extra coin you will have to spend servicing the car since it is German, that being said, its not that much more than an average economy car and is superbly reliable for a car from a brand that people claim is hilariously unreliable. Mine lives outside in Chicagoland and has never failed to start once. Overall I give it a 4/5. The only thing stopping this car from getting the full 5/5 was a more sporty drive to match its looks, some practicality issues, and small oversights in the interior materials choice. Otherwise it has been a superbly reliable, comfortable, and unique car to drive everyday.

8 Year Review

by from NJ on February 4, 2017

Bought new in '09. Driven 85,000 miles and counting. CC has had normal maintenance with new tires, battery, plugs and fluid changes (oil, trans, brakes). Replaced plug coils when one went out leading to rough idle. VW replaced intake manifold under extend warranty when dash light lit up. That's it. Great body integrity with absolutely no issues, except replacement of all tail lights within first two years. Replacement bulbs have resolved that. High 30s on trips, 24 around town. Wonderful to drive.

Best Purchase For Safety

by from on January 5, 2017

My previous car was in a car accident where I hydroplaned and rolled over on the freeway and then I had to go through the experience of finding a new car that was not only reliable, but made me feel safe. I had heard about the safety of many different cars, but ultimately wanted a car that was well built and sat a little on the heavier side. I came across the Volkswagen models and as soon as I saw the CC knew I needed to test drive. Granted I bought a used 09 Volkswagen CC that has more than 50,000 miles, it was a comfort to come to find that this model has an ESP button. The ESP stands for Electronic Stability Program. It is very helpful when dealing with puddles in your lane. So basically, the ESP helps to keep your car going straight, and right through without allowing the front tires to be "grabbed" by puddles in the road. Since learning about this, I feel much more at ease when I'm driving in rainy conditions, and have felt the car handles very well driving through the puddles, where as I'm sure my previous car would have spun out. Best buy! Get compliments on the exterior/interior all the time.

Our Expert Review: 2009 Volkswagen Cc