2007 Eos

2007 Volkswagen Eos

2007 Volkswagen Eos

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2007 Volkswagen Eos?

3.2L is a race car!!

by bobka83 from Massachusetts on Fri Dec 17 2010

first of all the only thing I wasn't too happy about is that the front seats didn't recline more. Long road trips wasn't as comfortable especially for the passengers trying to sleep. Other than that, well, where do I start? Mine happened to be a 3.2L V6, therefore I was never short on power. Those situations where you suddenly have to pass a vehicle on the highway was no sweat. It's basically a race car that is also a hard-top convertible!!!! I test drove the 2.0T prior to purchasing my 3.2L, and I tell ya. What a difference!! 3.2L is worth every penny more. With all the bells and whistles that this car has I thought there were more electronics than mechanical parts. Rain sensing windshield wipers, auto climate control, adaptive xenon headlights, navigation, auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, and on and on. It even looks like a transformer robot machine with the whole roof mechanism folding/unfolding out of the trunk. Surprised it doesn't drive by it self. I love it!

Great Vehicle

by Eosman from Louisville, Ky. on Tue Jun 01 2010

I have owned a 2008 Eos for over 2 yrs. now. There has only been one issue that VW acknowledges and will be doing a free fix for. The car is comfortable and extremely fun to drive. Has great pep and always gets stares. 2 adults can sit in the back comfortably and the roof has worked flawlessly thus far. I would buy the car again and certainly recommend it.

Not what I expected

by VW owner from Virginia Beach, VA on Tue Jul 03 2007

When preparing for my latest purchase I was so inspired by the VW sports car. The power and quickness is good but after driving this vehicle for a couple thousand miles I noticed more road noise little plastic pieces in the interior that were making "Rattling" noises. The car goes through alot of oil. I suggest using Mobile 1 Synthetic oil. Be careful if your window motor goes bad expect to be spending around $500 for the window motor.

Does not recommend this car!!

Favorite Car I've Ever Owned

by Convertibles for Life from Dallas, TX on Tue Jul 19 2011

I just bought an eos this year and I love it!! I have had convertibles for over 30 years and this is the best one ever. The hard top is great and it even has a sunroof for when you want some air but don't want to put the top down. I have a 6 speed and it shifts great and drives really smooth. I would highly recommend the eos to anyone.

Compares to Lexus SC430

by POP from Augusta, GA on Sun May 02 2010

Traded a SC430 for the EOS Lux. The EOS is just as much fun as the SC430 with a $30K smaller price tag. The EOS back seat will accomadate two adults where the SC 430 back seat is good only for pets or packages. Do yourself a favor and buy the EOS and put the money you save in the bank.

very reliable

by convertable from cornwall bridge on Thu Aug 26 2010

love love this car, lots of power, good gas milage, the convertable is very easy to use and love the fact you can just open the sun roof and not the whole roof. it is very comfortable a really not bad sitting in the back seat. it is very sporty looking also for the sport car lover in all of us. i have been getting 29+ miles per gallon on country roads

a fun car

by LarryB from Owatonna, MN on Mon Nov 29 2010

primarily purchased as a fun car; good highway mileage (28-33 mpg); town mileage suffers due to turbo charge (18-25 mpg)

Best Choice I've ever made- All in One car !!

by Convertible-maniac from Austin, TX on Thu Feb 22 2007

Pros: Great handling on the road, very spacious inside for a coupe, very silent interior, classy lighting Cons: I'd think a 35K car should come with Bluetooth inbuilt and not as extra The first coupe-convertible with a hardtop, this car is definitely my best choice ever. I had to wait sometime before I could get a deal on the price, but what do you expect from a best-selling car in Europe? The car as a couple is exceptionally quiet inside, compared to the conventional canvas-top convertibles. The interior is very classy and the dashboard colors are pleasing to the eye, and not at all a distraction. While driving as a convertible, the ride is very smooth and with very minimal jerks. The wheels hug the road beautifully while turning and making quick curves, and I was infact prodded by the test-drive guy to turn it at 60mph to see that it had no effect on the car's handling. All in all a great car. Name one other car which is a luxury car, a convertible, a sports car with room for 4, and has a swanky design- with a price tag of $31-$34K !!!

Best convertible we could find

by Larry from Chicago on Mon Mar 12 2007

My wife and I went looking for a convertible almost a year ago. We looked at a wide range of hard and soft top convertibles and chose the EOS as actually the best available regardless of price. We wanted a sporty feel, red exterior, beige interior with comfortable seats and a power top in a convertible big enough for weekend trips. We started by looking at the Lexus SC430 which we decided was bland and uninspiring and a bit harsh riding for the price, but looks cool. Tested the BMW 330C which was great in many respects but a bit heavy and harsh as well. Thought the Volvo C70 might be great; tested a red with biege interior model that looked so wonderful but drove like a truck. Tested the Audi TT - too small. Tested the Audi A4 3.2 AWD which is really a great car. We were ready to spend $50,000 on it but they didn't have the colors and we especially didn't want the black top. We finally got around to looking at the EOS. We drove it and the next day we put down our deposit and four months later we got it. It is wonderful. We got at 2.0T red with biege interior. Manual transmission. Sport package (sport wheels, leather sport seats, upgraded audio with 6-disc CD and a couple other things). And the rear distance warning system. $36,000 including tax and title in Illinois. The back seat is basically for your luggage but 2 adults could ride a short distance or children would do fine. It has a light but solid feel. Best seats of any car we drove - power adjustable lumbar is great for anyone with back problems. Engine revs wonderfully. Nice short-through manual transmission. Easy to access controls. Full of features you expect in more expensive cars but not at this price. I wish it had memory seats and a homelink transmitter but otherwise it is perfect. This is the third convertible we have owned. The hard top is nice but not essential for us. We never considered the Pontiac G6, VW Beetle, Mercedes CLK or SLK, Mitsubishi Eclipse or Mazda MX5. The EOS is everything we were looking for at a lower price than we expected.

One of the 1st Eos

by gamaroc from Frisco, TX on Sat Dec 05 2015

For the price, you can not go wrong with this hard top convertible, with sun/moon roof. The 2.0 Turbo has just as much pickup as the V-6 engine so it is truly a matter of choice. One issue is maintenance, major mechanical breakdown will more than likely require dealership service. Some third party shops have the tools to work on this vehicle so always inquire with the shop for details.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2007 Volkswagen Eos

With its retractable hardtop and excellent drivetrains, the new Eos convertible is a welcome addition to the Volkswagen lineup and to the market as a whole.

VW has a habit of releasing convertible models in the fall (if twice makes it a habit). The last time was the Beetle Convertible, a soft-top. This time it's a little more appropriate because the Eos' retractable hardtop makes it more viable as a four-season car.

VW needs this convertible. True, it has one, but let's face it: Many men are as comfortable driving a Beetle as they are holding their wife's purse. (Note I said many ... I can see the hate mail already.)

Aside from a line of Canon cameras, Eos is also the goddess of dawn in Greek mythology —... Read More