2015 Volkswagen Golf consumer reviews

$17,995 starting MSRP
side view of 2015 Golf Volkswagen
Explore the 2015 Volkswagen Golf
Shop the 2015 Volkswagen Golf

"Fixed" TDI still gets 44 mpg!

I had one of the "cheater" TDI Vehicles, a 2013 Jetta. Volkswagen bought it back with a very generous offer. As soon as the modified 2015 TDI models were available, I purchased this 2015 Golf TDI. Got a great deal - and the "fix" has not affected the performance at all. Still getting 44 miles per gallon!

like this better than my former 300 zx

2015 VW Golf SE ...really fun to drive....pep, handling, cornering, comfort and quiet....its all there in a SE model ...you really don't need a GTI.....An upscale interior with heated seats, German engineering, and Fender speakers.....all for a list of 26K and did I say 29mpg in town

Golf TDI SE A step up from my last car

This car is awesome! First off, this is for the diesel Golf. I took it from Grand Junction Colorado all the way to Santa Barbara and only had to fuel up ONCE! From Pasadena to Santa Barbara, I wanted to see how high my gas could get so I drove 65 mph consistently back and got a total gas mileage of 52 mpg! This thing is a beast. Next, I believe it goes slower than the other models, but it still has good pick up. I like the bluetooth setting, but I don't think it comes with an aux, so the downside is it won't pick up signal from your device unless the car is fully on. Mine comes with a sunroof which is a plus, and at night the headlights are bright, definitely brighter than my last car. When I put those suckers on I thought there was a street lamp following us. The SE still comes with a backup camera which is really helpful for parallel parking, it also helps that it is considered a compact car. Honestly guys, you don't know what your missing. You can save a lot of money on gas. And should now be environmentally friendly due to the blue liquid you put in every 10k miles. This allows the car to produce water and nitrogen rather than carbon emissions from the exhaust. For any frugal, practical, or environmentally conscious person out there, it's a no brainer. I highly recommend trying this car out!

perfect handling and comfortable

even it is small looking but very spacious( Iam 6,2" tall and no problems) Handling ,comfort interior quality excellent.You have to test drive then you will know how car should behaves on the road!!!

4.1

Most value for money car I had.

The car met all my needs. It was classy, performant and not too big for the city where I was living.

Most powerful, economical, reliable, inexpensive!

I am a car enthusiast and I am involved in the car industry. Used/owned over 100 cars in the last 5 years and the VW Golf Diesel with Manual Transmission is BY FAR the best overall vehicle. Passat is as good! Best value, fuel economy, power, room, acceleration and reliability! Manual Transmission is a must in these vehicles. Fuel economy is 50 - 60 MPG even after the software fix by VW. Forget about reviews and ratings - find someone who owns one and ask them for their opinion! Once you own one you are hooked for life - very addictive vehicle. Get your hands on one while you can!

Great little car!

TDI version seems a bit slow on acceleration. 1.8T feel much more fun. but I was targeting TDI for fuel economy and also quiet and comfort. Sadly the TDI seems too hot to bring down the price. Overall, it is a great little car. Quiet and comfort seat, very stylish. Excellent handling.

The best car I ever owned. It will be my last car

MPG in city is 45-ish ~~ MPG on Road is 55-ish. Best trip was 61 MPG. Reliable, Safe, pride of ownership. Has and will have great resale value. I can't say enough good things for my TDi. This is my second VW Golf. First was a 2003 Golf GSL, gasser 5 manual

4.1

Great all around car

I've owned this car for 2 years and 27,000 miles and it has been perfect so far. Pros: Fun to drive Economical Reliable (so far) Great interior layout Great sound system Huge sunroof Leatherette material Quality materials inside and out Lots of cargo room Cons: Seats could be more comfortable Dated infotainment (updated for 2016 model) A/C is mediocre Passenger space less than Jetta

I got the TDI !

I used to won the Jetta TDI and had to sell it back to VW , sadly , I loved the car and loved getting the great millage, The Golf is even more comfortable to ride, drive and the millage is just as good or better. The 2015 has a built in fix for the emissions problem so its eco friendly and fun!