2015 Golf SportWagen

2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen

2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen

Have You Driven the 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen?

Best car ever owned + 49MPG

by New to Diesel from Brooklyn, NY on Mon Jul 13 2015

Overview: We looked around for a car that can haul a few things. Our search aside of the VW included a Mazda CX-5, an Audi Q5, Toyota Highlander, and Subaru Forester. Pros: The first thing we noticed is the build quality. The exterior and interior of the VW felt much more premium than its price suggests. While the CX-5 delivered more for the money, it felt like an upgraded Mazda, where the VW feels more like an Audi, but without the sky-high price. Definitely doesn't have all the gadgets (we fully loaded ours - TDI SEL), but the premium look and feel, especially with the lighting package, sold us and I don't care for the driving "nannies" which in fact have not shown to be safer anyway. The diesel is really the show's main act, making you realize how effortless those 236 lb ft of torque pull. Its extremely linear and never seems to tire. All that with a mind-blowing 49.4 MPG on our latest 80 mile trip from CT to our home in Brooklyn (so obviously some stop-and-go traffic involved, otherwise we would have broken 50 for sure). I love how it drives, handles, and how effortlessly it moves once past first gear. Cons: First gear can be a little slow to engage at times, and while the steering is accurate, it sometimes feel a bit light sometimes. The infotainment... Ugh! Between the cable and the slow NAV, it really feels behind the times. And that iphone cable is just astonishingly bad with its proprietary connection that never seems to work well. Some options I wish I could get: auto-dimming mirror, power liftgate, cooled seats. Diesel with AWD would be fantastic, but I would still pick diesel over having AWD in the upcoming Alltrack. Conclusion: I love this car overall and would purchase again in a heartbeat. The interior is luxurious, the diesel is unbelievably smooth and powerful yet quiet. Going 75, you barely feel or hear it and the engine never whines in protest. Top it all off with Prius-besting 49 highway MPG, and I can't think of a better package out there.

2015 TDI'S are from to sell

by TDIKar2015 from IL on Wed Apr 26 2017

Ive been eyeing and waiting to see what VW was going to do with the 2015 TDI'S in stock. Well they gave 5000.00 off MSRP plus 6 years interest free. So i bought a Golf sport wagon and sold back my 2009 Jetta TDI. tough to do I really liked the car but they gave me 11000.00 back plus interest free for 6 years my payments are 42.00 cheaper than the 2009( when I was making payments) and I got a newer car with a warranty.

Solid Package

by SilkBlueGuy from Denver, CO on Tue Oct 13 2015

I have the TDI as well. Love the the car a ton. I would have bought gas had I known about all the hassle. That said, the diesel is pretty great. Hopefully there's a good, simple software fix for the 15s and 16s. They're supposed to have the right kind of emissions hardware. Anyways, handling is fantastic, storage is great, technology is good. Fuel economy for the TDI is far better than EPA (maybe for valid reasons). Looks are slightly better than average. In all, it's a great value... at the S and SE trim levels. The suspension is tuned pretty tight, which results in great handling but some bumpiness here and there.

Phenomenal.

by Ted from Cincinnati on Thu Jul 27 2017

I sold my 2013 TDI Sportwagen back to VW as part of the TDI settlement, and replaced it with this new 2015 TDI model a week later. For those not up to speed, there are a limited number of these new TDI's available after the EPA approved them for sale this past winter. I put 121,000 miles on my previous TDI in 3-1/2 years with only scheduled maintenance, and it still drove like it was new. So far the 2015 is exceeding my expectations compared to the 2013. This is the perfect replacement for a small SUV, and I owned a Honda CR-V. Gas mileage is running about 43 mpg, and the car is more fun to drive than any other fuel efficient vehicle out there. I drive for efficiency on my 50 mile commute, and use it for road trips, but when I need to giddy up and go, the power is there. In the words of Ferris Buehler, it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

5 stars all around except that....

by Gear Guy from Illinois on Fri Oct 09 2015

I love this wagon and I have nothing bad to say except that mine is a DIESEL and by now we have all heard of the scandal about "cheating software". Except for that I still like everything about it and will probably switch to a gasoline model sometime in the near future. All aspects including ride, handling, braking, driver assistance work seamlessly. In spite of its solid beam axle, handling is sports car like. The ride is compliant, quiet and relaxed while maintaining excellent feedback. The brakes a little touchy or maybe over boosted but fade free. Remember all of the major auto companies have had some legal issues of late so I won't let the diesel mess kill my enthusiasm for VW.

Emissions scandal bonus buy

by nrambler from Lake Mary, FL on Thu Jun 15 2017

They've finally fixed the 2015 Golf TDI's emissions and put then up for sale at a greatly reduced price. What a bargain! Very comfortable with decent acceleration and power - great looks! Lots of room with the rear seats in place, and lot more with the seats folded (not quite) flat. Except for the central display, controls straightforward and easy to use. Keyless entry and locking is wonderful, but keyless start could be better. The START (and STOP) button is located on the center console, and can easily be pushed accidentally while driving, especially if you carry canines. I'm looking for a button guard to prevent accidental engine shutoff, but haven't found one yet. I might need to make my own. First trip to the beach yielded 50.5 mpg. Around town, with all the traffic lights in this area, still gets 32 mpg. Only have about 1000 miles so far, but we love this car!

Awesome car

by diselfan from Central Florida on Mon Mar 14 2016

I bought this car (TDI 6speed S model) in September 16 with 50 miles off the lot. Now at the end of March I have nearly 20k. Yes I drive a lot. This car takes over as the family's primary vehicle from an 05 Jetta TDI with 240K, and that is still running well too. Except for the disappointment with the emissions scandal I love this car. I average 46-49mpg in mixed driving. Only a minor mirror control problem and sometimes the bluetooth is a bit finicky, but this car can handle my wife 3 kids and a dog and all our stuff. Nimble and responsive ride it's a joy to drive. If VW gets the diesel thing squared away I'd buy another one tomorrow.

Best car value from Vw.

by MCA from Jacksonville Beach Fl on Wed May 30 2018

It?s too bad VW didn?t correct the TDI emissions at the beginning. The TDI engine may be the best motor VW has made. It?s the second one for me. Excellent torque and smooth. Did I mention that it?s no too hard to get 50 mpg in city driving and more on the highway? It has tight European handling and a very functional interior in the Sportwagen along with factory roof rails when used with the right accessory allows for roof mounted equipment.

Car of my dreams

by TDIGaryC from Cocoa Beach, FL on Fri Apr 28 2017

I was relieved when I discovered VW was selling their leftover inventory after their unfortunate diesel emissions event. I was ecstatic when I was able to secure one for myself.

Drives like a well tuned sports car

by rb56 from ft smith,ar on Fri May 26 2017

Super mpg, very quiet and solid feel on the road. excellent firm seats. really like the cargo space and rear accessibility

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2015 Volkswagen Golf SportWagen

I'm a fan both of station wagons (I own two) and of the new-generation Golf, but the 2015 VW Golf SportWagen has enough flaws to keep it from getting my love.

There are so few wagons on the market that whenever one is introduced or redesigned, it's cause for notice. Volkswagen's new compact Golf SportWagen joins the larger family of Golf hatchbacks, but replaces the previous Jetta SportWagen in the brand's lineup.

Exterior & Styling
A car's looks are hard to critique, as the eye of the beholder often proves to be a major differentiator from one car shopper to the next. That said, the Golf SportWagen can be called a few things, and plain is certainly one of them.

The Golf comes in two-door and... Read More