2003 Volkswagen Jetta

Amazing car!

by from port jefferson, ny on June 12, 2017

i love this car, i used to own one. great car with excellent performance. i would recommend this car to anyone who loves to drive on a daily basis

Very Reliable car

by from new york on May 10, 2017

I think this car is very reliable, never had problems with it, and over all it is comfortable. I was driving it for sometime now and I would def recommend it to a friend

Great, sporty little car! High MPG, lots of HP.

by from Boulder, CO on March 24, 2017

Drives like a sports car, burns gas slow as a bug. Plenty of power and great handling to match. The exterior is a great design, I wished it would come back. The interior is luxurious with leather and power everything. A car that can have nothing bad said about it.

Jetta GLS 185,000 miles low cost to own!

by from Saint George on March 9, 2017

Never cost me significant amounts of money. Routinely maintained it was a great car for over 7 years!

2003 Volkswagen GL 2.0

by from Grand Prarie, Texas on September 23, 2014

I bought this car for my son and it's been somewhat disappointing. The 2.0 Litter seems to be a much underpowered with bad gas mileage and one issue that worry's me is the fact that the car has a timming belt instead of a timming chain. This was a poor research on my behalf but outside of those issues the car is fine. I would say the vehicle deserves 3.5 stars based on all categories.

DO NOT SHOP AT ASA MOTOR INC.

by from Los Angeles, CA on February 23, 2014

I drove all the way from Los Angeles to look at a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta. When I arrived nobody was in the office even though I called the day before to make an appointment. When I looked at the car I found that there was major damage to the paint, dents and tires - even though the website stated that it was in perfect condition. Furthermore the hood would not stay open and I was not even afforded the chance for a test drive. I found the dealer to be very unprofessional and I would suggest anyone who comes to this location to search some place else and to RUN AWAY QUICKLY!

She loves it !!

by from Tampa, FL on February 1, 2014

Just recently bought this 2003 Jetta 1.8 Turbo Automatic. Car has 90400 miles. Note; We were warned by some true friends, One a mechanic and the other an auto insurance adjuster. Both warned of two major concerns; 1. Timing belt & tensioners will go out around 100,00 miles. 2. Weak plastic connectors that connect water hoses to water pump and other coolant system components will fail and leak around 100,000 miles or before depending on heat. 2. Cheap plastic movable parts in interior will break with normal use. Fortunately, the Jetta we just purchased had all of these problems repaired prior to our purchase. This car is running great for us so far. In fact, it's a bit faster of the line than I had hoped for my daughters first car, thanks to that Turbo feeding the 4 cl engine. We love all the air bags and safety features and hope the German engineering will prevail! Look for the 3 concerns when buying a Jetta then enjoy your car!

Expensive to maintain

by from Nevada on December 12, 2013

Bought a 2003 Volkswagen 2.0 car and haven't been pleased with it since. Drives amazing when working, just wish it would last! Timing belt broke, and caused engine to be internally damaged and requires to replace a whole new engine at a price of 4500-5000 dollars. Not an ideal car to buy unless your buying new, and still you're going to spend a lot of money on repairs after certain mileage. Never will buy VW again. Spent a lot of money over the years. Hope this helps anyone who thinks about buying this vehicle. Simply....DONT!

Most appreciated car I've ever owned

by from Versailles MO on July 29, 2013

Ive owned three differant vw jetta's, an i liked every one very much, two of them diesels 02 an 03 an a 02 1.8t, for there money i think itd b hard to find a better car especially considering the fuel mileage you get with the TDI's, 50+ mpg highway, could do better with a manual. Im really proud of my Volkswagen

Terrible

by from Ohio on February 7, 2013

Most definitely the worst worst car I have ever owned. I purchased my 03 Jetta Gl 2.0 three years ago and have had nothing but issues. I have a manual which saved the tranny (which tends to go out quick in automatic models) but have replaced my alternater, starter, catalytic converter, 2 sets of tires, my ecu, and engine fan and it only has 120K miles! Not to mention the interior does not hold up and is tiny. Don't make the same mistake as me, it will be the worst investment you ever make. P.S. It is slower than a lawn tractor.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Volkswagen Jetta