2013 Jetta SportWagen

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen

4.3

Have You Driven the 2013 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen?

A Happy Car

by man wagon from Troy, Ohio on Mon Nov 05 2012

I bought the TDi with Nav and sunroof with beige interior. The latter two features lighten up the interior, make it feel larger, and make driving this car just plain fun. The diesel is a marvel of performance and economy and the very solid build and front wheel drive combine to make the Sportwagon feel like a much larger car. The appointments are sensible and useful without going "over the top". Very comfortable for four with commodius storage in the back. After both trips and 'round town, I'd buy another one in a minute. The diesel packs plenty of acceleration whether from a stop or passing at highway speeds - I'm still amazed. For those looking for fuel economy this is a must on your list of possibilities; throw in German engineering and it's a no-brainer.

Just what I Hoped For

by Luv Diesels from Prescott, AZ on Mon Sep 10 2012

I rented a 2012 JSW TDI in Italy this summer and fell in love with the combination of space, comfort, performance and economy. I took delivery of my 2013 JSW 2 1/2 weeks ago, specifically the TDI with 6-speed manual, navigation and sunroof. It is all I hoped for an expected. Over 1,700 primarily highway miles to this point, including a 800 mile highway trip after the first week. The JSW is very well put together, has great features and the fuel mileage is incredible. i am averaging about 42 mpg thus far and on pure highway jaunts, 45-52 mpg. This is a very quiet, comfortable cruiser. The only glitch occurred days ago with the Bluetooth Interface with my iPhone. I lost the audible tones to the sound system and the voice recognition disappeared after taking and ending a Bluetooth phone call. After a shut down of about 15 minutes, usability returned in full; however, the music library accessible that had downloaded initially when my phone was paired had disappeared and I cannot figure out how to get it restored, although I can play music from my phone via Bluetooth when I do so manually. I suppose I will have to remove the phone and re-install it. Aside from this one glitch, I am extremely happy with the JSW. I recommend the sunroof and navigation package. I should mention that I also purchased the vehicle without a test drive. The US version is built in Mexico, not Germany, but the quality seems to be excellent.

best car i have owned

by the_neste from Los Angeles, CA on Tue Mar 04 2014

i have had many cars (beamers, rovers, jeeps, chevys, the list goes on and on and on) and to date for the $$ this is the best car on the road. it is has a slice of everything...power, style, tight build, simple but nice interior, great blue tooth, incredible gas mileage (i have the TDI diesel version and consistently get above the EPA ratings) and the panoramic roof is ahhhhhmazing. makes the car feel even more roomy and luxurious inside. i wish the seats were fully automatic but its no biggie... most dont know about this car, but i have yet to have one person go for a ride with me and at some point just randomly and simply turn to me and say - "i like this car - what is it..hmmmm i ll have to consider this next time around". in CA we have a part of the 405/5 freeway that is the test of all cars - its called the Grapevine its about 20-30 minutes north of LA. Its a long (very long) drawn out mountain climb...you often see cars overheated and broken down on the side of the road, or chugging along in the right lanes struggling to make it to the top. All i can say is i left everyone in the dust. The torque in the TDI allowed me to sail up that mountain as if everyone else was standing still...and with no apparent strain on the car. It was almost as if it loved it and was built for it. If you want practical, sporty, utilitarian, comfort, interior simplicity and style, cargo room for hauling, beautiful sunlight beaming in all sides, and that fun to drive feeling while being a little nicer to the environment -do yourself a favor - get the this car in a TDI version. I cant wait for the even more refined 2015 to come out. happy car hunting, chris - los angeles

Nice break from driving a van or suv, or sedan

by New VW Owner from Bing, NY and Bethany Beach , DE on Tue Oct 30 2012

This seems to be a well built car with nice fetures. Not over done with bells and whistles just a nice ride and fun to drive. Lots of power and space for our dog and stuff.

Great car

by Likes performance and great mileage from Tucson, AZ on Mon Jul 15 2013

Just finished a 2000 mile vacation trip in my new Jetta TDI Sportwagon. Easily got all of our stuff in it including luggage, cooler, and my road bike. The car is quiet, accelerates much better than one would ever expect from a four cylinder engine, cornered very well on the winding New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona mountain roads and, best of all, got a phenomenal 44 mpg on the trip. Now I know why the only cars I saw in Europe last year were diesel four-bangers. VW has done a great job with this car. Quieter than my 2008 Santa Fe, better handling, and much better braking.

So Far The Jetta TDI lives up to it's reputation

by Jetta Owner from Dearborn, MI on Sun Mar 31 2013

I lean more toward performance type cars (Subaru WRX, Honda CRX Si but was looking for something with better gas mileage since my commute recently go longer. After a couple of months of driving I'm very pleasantly surprised with the overall package that is the Jetta Sportwagen, it has exceeded the EPA mileage numbers on the window sticker averaging a little over 39 mpg so far, and for a little diesel motor the performance has been surprising, I was expecting the car to be a bit of a dog in the acceleration department but it is a very capable of keeping up with traffic and passing when needed. Overall the interior is very comfortable, it is pretty roomy for a smaller car, and with the seats folded down I will have know problems loading all my snowboarding gear in the back on my next trip. My only real complaint would be with the Heat/AC controls, they are a little on the small side and not angled towards the driver so some of the labeling gets blocked from the drivers view by the control knobs. The fit and finish has been great, and I love how the doors sound when you close them, it's a very old school rock solid sound you don't hear very often now days, it let's you know it's a well build vehicle. My first VW, but probably not my last, I'm VERY impressed so far!

best car ever

by nuke77 from chicago on Mon Jul 08 2013

Gas prices were just killing me. This car gets over 50 MPG everyday on my drive to work about 31 miles.. TDI diesel is the way to go. Thank you VW

all around pleasant car!

by prefer german from new orleans la on Tue May 21 2013

jetta s sportwagen great all around value...quality interior, smooth ride, crisp manual trans,loaded with standard features. Comfortable seats, great mileage, and 67 cu ft. cargo as well! Great package for a relatively low price.

Incredibly surprising and much more than expected.

by Shaun from New Jersey on Mon Oct 15 2012

I took possession of a 2013 VW Jetta Sportswagen S on 10/13/12 and to say that this is my favorite drive out of all the vehicles that I've had would be an understatement. Being a brand loyalist I have had a VW through the ongoing phases of life starting with a Golf, passing through the Tiguan, and now my first wagon. The 2013 S Automatic Wagon feels like a well crafted luxury ride without the luxury price tag. The interior is comfortable, functional, and spacious. The exterior is sleek, with clean lines and a European look. The car is 170HP and 177 pounds of torque with a tiptronic (sport mode included) transmission that is simply fun to drive. I took the wagon on a 238 mile road trip this weekend and I am delighted to say I have only used a half tank of gas averaging 32.4 MPG thus far. I have considered in past looking into an Audi A3 or other similar hatchbacks/ wagons, but I must give VW credit and kudos on delivering an amazing amazing vehicle in the 2013 Jetta Sportwagon.

2013 Sportwagon 2.5S Auto

by kk from Maryland on Sat Feb 22 2014

Powerful for highway driving, solid feel, and fuel efficient. 16000+ mi so far , overall quality keep its reputation. A surprise that it uses timing chain, that is good. One complain is, since I am short, a little awkward for me to adjust the seat without compromise of both comfort and visibility.

1 2 3