3.9
Average based on 13 reviews

Love This Car

by from Lexington, N.C. on October 31, 2011

I just love this car. I think the style and performance are great. I have so far had no problems with this car and it has 92k miles. It is fun to drive and I get compliments on it everywhere I go.Gas mileage is awsome. Only perk is the oil changes, synthetic oil is a little costly, but you do get to go 5k between changes. I would recommend this car if you are looking for a fun in the sun type car. Put the top down and let the wind blow.

What a fun car!!!

by from Mountain Home, AR on May 1, 2010

I love my TDI GLS beetle. Not only does it save on fuel (avg. 44 mpg), it has plenty of room. It has everything that I want. The only wish that I have is, I wish that the car would sit higher from the ground. Loads of fun to drive and it just makes people smile. What a happy ride.

I just feel good driving this car :-)

by from Texas on February 12, 2007

Well, I must say this is is a great car! It feels good, handles very nice, and always brings me home, she is my little Herbie. All I can say is yes, yes, yes to all the people. Buy one and be happy.

Love At First Sight

by from Omaha, NE on October 20, 2010

I live in NE, where we had snow on the ground for almost 6 months last winter! (2009-2010) My little Beetle was a champ! As good or better than any vehicle I've owned! My Beetle is super quiet! I expected some road noise with the top...but nope! The leather-heated seats are amazing! The sound-system is wonderful! The top goes up and down really fast! Seriously...LOVE the car. I wish they didn't stop making them, so I could own one for the rest of my life. I read the reviews about things breaking? I haven't had this problem at all! But, I do take care of the car (Because I love it!) I don't go through automatic car washes. (Always hand wash to protect the integrity of the top and the water seal.) I always open/shut the doors carefully (To allow the automatic windows to adjust.) I try at all costs to avoid pot-holes, so I don't loosen or rattle the vehicle. I basically treat the car like my prized possesion. (Which she is!) I'm at 44k and hope this is just the begining! I would love to have this car for the next 20 years! Seriously!

Gorgeous VW conv from little old lady frm Pasadena

by from Phoenix, AZ on January 22, 2013

This car has been babied in the AZ sun by keeping it in the garage year-round and driving it very little. The little old couple who drove it could no longer enjoy it together after he passed away, so she traded it for a brand new Camaro! She opted to trade quaint cuteness for SPEED and turn a different set of heads a different direction, I suppose. This car has not a speck of damage to the top or the finish. It needed a few little things, and she is checking her storage area to find us the cover for the top when it's down and the mesh piece that fits over the backseat and somehow keeps one's hair from blowing all over. The seats heat individually which is so nice in the desert winter. There is nothing so nice as a cold night with the top down and your body nice and toasty.

A Great Car that is lots of FUN

by from Atlanta, GA on December 5, 2010

If you are looking for a great convertible then look no farther. It is more spacious than you would think. My wife, 2 kids, and myself fit very well. There is not a better car to enjoy sunny days. This car is simply great. We have enjoyed it very much.

One of the best cars I've owned.

by from Shoreham, New York on March 13, 2011

love the car. It's great on gas. Comfortable. Adorable. The convertible top is easy to open & close. Would highly recommend this car to my friends. Has a good, smooth ride.

Great Gas Milage

by from on May 13, 2011

Traded an '01 Jeep Wrangler for an '05 VW New Beetle convertible. Absolutely love it, so glad I bought it.

Fun Car to own

by from Rockville MD on May 21, 2009

I bought a 2005 Turbo Convertible and it has been a wonderful car. I just replaced my first set of tires at 47000 miles. The radio is incredible compared to other cars in this price range. I put the top down and just relax.

Unreliable

by from California on September 14, 2013

This car has more cons than pros. The pros are that it is easy to park and maneuver. It also has good trunk space for a small car. The cons are that it has no power, horrible gas mileage for a small car, there is no rear seat headroom (even for me and I'm 5' 8") and the transmission is very jerky even after the valve body recall. Like I said above, the car has no power. You pretty much have to rev it like crazy to get it to go anywhere and most of this has to do with the gears being too closely spaced together. This is why the gas mileage is horrible. I do have to admit that the road and engine noises are pretty good for an older and smaller car. It revs at about 2,700-3,000 rpms at around 70 mph on the highway. This car is also not reliable at all. I would definitely not recommend this to a friend. Another of the few good things about this car is that it is unique in terms of styling. You're pretty much buying it for the styling and not the gas mileage or reliability.