2017 Passat

2017 Volkswagen Passat

2017 Volkswagen Passat

Have You Driven the 2017 Volkswagen Passat?

Replacement for Totaled 2015 Passat S

by ChrisNH from Littleton CO on Fri Apr 06 2018

I have driven 3 VW Passats since 1998, this SEL Premium is excellent. It is a replacement for a 2015 S we owned for 10 1/2 months. Both vehicles very comfortable and the TSI engine gets excellent fuel mileage.

R-Line

by Bieglesworth from St. Louis, MO on Mon Aug 07 2017

I bought this car as I was in an accident and my car was totaled. I previously owned a 2014 Chrysler 300. When I started to look at the Passat, I thought it was ultimately going to be a downgrade. However, I was more than surprised with what I got. I chose the R-Line version for the sporty look and got the upgraded LED lighting kit. From a looks point, its about as sporty as a midsize sedan can get. On the interior, it is beyond roomy. I am 6'2 and I can set my seat at a comfortable distance and then sit in the back with about 4 inches between my knees and the front seat. The touchscreen and electronics are an upgrade over my last car by leaps and bounds. One of the biggest parts I like about the vehicle is what comes with it standard. It, in my opinion, is loaded like a luxury vehicle, with many features that other manufacturers charge to upgrade. Leather seats, heated seats, blind spot warning, back up cam, back up warning, etc. The only things that I wish it had were a sunroof ($1600 to add), touch start (not an option for this trim), and remote start ($600 upgrade). Overall, it is a great vehicle. You get the German performance without the German price that you would pay for the Audi, Mercedes, or BMW. But you still get all the same features.

Great Car. Love Mine

by VW Fan 1990 from Mayfield Heights, OH on Sat Nov 18 2017

Before my Passat, I had a '16 Beetle. That was my first VW product. After coming from a terrible instance with two Fiat's, I needed a change. The Beetle was a great car, just a bit too small for my practical needs over time. I went to my local VW dealer and they were able to make a good deal on my '17 Passat. It's just the basic S, but it has what I need and does everything nicely. Overall fit and finish is good inside and the feature content for the money is on par with others in the class. I am surprised it didn't have heated side mirrors like the Beetle, but that's a small point. The space inside is great and the 1.8T is a nice engine. Over FE has been as high as 43MPG for me. Smooth, comfortable and handsomely stylish, I'd recommend the Passat.

2017 Passat S

by G from Lincoln Ne on Thu Feb 15 2018

I really like the amount of room in the back seat and trunk. Visibility is better than other cars we tested. It is responsive and drives very well. First VW I have owned and really like it so far.

Love my Black Beauty Passat.

by Shedon from Boynton Beach,Fl. on Thu Nov 16 2017

I have only owned this car for 3 days but love it. It has every bell and whistle and the salesman Mike who sold it to me said I could call him at anytime for any questions I have.

feels like a higher-end German car

by feelgud from Tallahassee, Florida on Thu Jun 14 2018

I was looking for a Sonata-Accord-Camry kind of car and tried them before looking at the Passat. It feels more solid than the others and seems quieter as well. The turbo inline 4 has surprising power and in more than 800 miles of mostly in town driving, it's averaging more than 27 mpg. I appreciate the Android-Auto feature and use it as my primary navigation system. I recommend that anyone looking for this class of car should drive all of the others before driving a Passat.... you might be surprised.

Passat Rocks

by Fastball John from Phoenix, AZ on Fri Jan 26 2018

This is a great vehicle for the price point. Gets great gas mileage along with superior style points and power. You feel the torque from the front end it just gets up and goes well.. You can drive forever on a tank of gas...Looks great very stylish very user friendly...Great buy I recommend this car for anyone...

Best car for the money I've owned

by Retired from Cummings ga on Wed Aug 16 2017

I was very impressed with the quality of the car and my sales woman was very helpful and friendly and made it and enjoyable experience Silvia Egan I would recommend her and dealership

Love my car

by Shaunanicole86 from blue springs, mo on Fri Mar 02 2018

I love my car and the features. I love the Bluetooth features where it automatically connect to my phone and I have to worry about touching my phone while I'm driving. The safety features it even tells me one of their cars too close to me. Very nice very convenient. Oil change or maintenance every 10,000 miles and approximately 480 miles per tank

Good car for the money good performance

by Gpetey from Wausau Wisconsin on Fri Jul 27 2018

Looks, technology, comfort and easy to drive. Roomy interior and a good size trunk. Handles well and accelerates nicely. Looks good and is very stylish. Good gas mileage.

Our Take on the 2017 Volkswagen Passat

The verdict:

Multimedia system updates, a slew of new advanced safety features and lower fuel costs make the refreshed 2016 Volkswagen Passat much more attractive, even if its styling changes go largely unnoticed.

Versus the competition:

The Passat remains one of the roomiest and best-driving mid/full-size sedans. Updates where they were most needed keep the 2016 competitive, though its mileage is beginning to trail even though it went up this year.

Editor’s note: This review was written in January 2016 about the 2016 Passat, but little of substance has changed for this year. To see what’s new for 2017 click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years. To read the full review of the 2016 Passat, click here.

When it was introduced, the current-generation Volkswagen Passat sedan won Cars.com’s top award, the Best of 2012. The midsize-priced, full-size sedan aged well, and the 2015 took third place against nine competitors — most of which had been redesigned more recently — in our $27,000 Midsize Sedan Challenge. For 2016, Volkswagen’s product planners left well enough alone and improved only what... Read More