a quick yet down to earth car

by from toronto, ontario on July 24, 2011

The car is the best made vehicle I have ever driven when you hit a pothole the car feels like a tank but it probably feels that way because it is that way. It is a very heavy car its hard to tell though even driving around hard corners because this thing feels like its on tracks. The best part about this car other than its fine German interior is its even finer exhaust note, it is the best exhaust note I have heard from a car under $200,000 its amazing. The engine gets you places and the transmission is flawless so all and all a great car my only problem being the semi boyish racer I am is that it won't wipe the floor with the EVO or wax sti sadly, but if u get an used one for a good price invest in an hpa tuning kit then the fastest ferraris will be shaking in there Italian boot.

75K on my 2008 R32 and I STILL Smile

by from Connecticut on April 22, 2011

I drive 100 miles a day to work and back and bought this care brand new. This car STILL puts a smile one my face everytime! Are the EVO and STI faster, yes, but this is a GT car and it is has the best style than those boy racers. The cars sounds amazing, everything just fits perfectly. The heated leather seats, the Porsche steering wheel, everything. I still get kids and people coming up to be raving abuut the car. I bought my wife a 08 335i, but I prefer driving the VW when we go out. The only two issues I have with the car are no power seats and a NAV/Ipod system that should have been upgraded before the car was released. Not the best but still very functional. Hey, if you can pick one up used...DO IT!

08 r32

by from Baltimore, MD on December 20, 2010

If you like VWs, you'll love this car. It is fast, handles well, comfortable. I do think the previous monsoon stereo system was superior. Still, I love the car. Have owned it for 5K miles with 26000 on the car to date. No issues so far. I love it. Driving is fun again.

Love my R32

by from Portland Oregon on May 24, 2011

I have always liked R32's and finally broke down and bought a used one, it is everything I expected. It has all of the Audi A4 trimmings with the VW R32 performance

2008 R32 is a fine car

by from Atlanta, GA on June 1, 2011

I have owned a 2008 R32 for 18 months and have had no issues. The car runs/drives perfect. The value of the car is holding better than most other cars on the market.

My first awd vr6 Vw .

by from Schaumburg il on June 4, 2012

Three months and I still get a grinn when I start it in the mourning. It has a great sound and a decent amount of power to back it up. Only 5000 made in the U.S this put it in high demand . The only problem is gas mileage it's in the 20-24mpg it really depends on the owner.

Great car but not the fastest

by from Dallas,Texas on September 25, 2013

Ive Owned this car for three years and no matter how bad my day if i slam the pedal to the floor i have to smile. Performance wise it was able to keep up with my buddy's S2000 but was all around a nicer car. The sound and flexibility is what you buy this car for. I have a Magnaflow non-resonated cat-back on mine and I've been told it sounds like a GT-R without boost catches everyone by surprise when they expect a supercar going under the underpass. The practicality of this car is unparalleled I could take it to the autocross and a car show one day then haul 20 bags of mulch the next day. The only downside Ive had was little things would break and since this car is rare it costs an arm and a leg to fix if its not under warranty.

The Uber Golf

by from Elmhurt, IL on January 9, 2012

The VW R32 is the Uber Golf/GTi. All wheel drive is a nice-to-have for all eather conditions, but uit really is what helps this car handle the curves and transistions better than a front-driver.

Excellent AWD Touring Hatch

by from Upstate NY on November 3, 2011

The 2008 R32 is a sport/luxury hatchback, which excels at performance touring. It's not light enough or powerful enough to be a full-on sports car, but it's really fun to drive, and it's got lots of upscale features. The torquey VR6 engine and the versatile Direct Shift dual clutch gearbox are a great pairing. The suspension setup is well done, with good handling and reasonable ride comfort. The main con is marginal fuel economy--19-20 mpg is typical in mixed driving. This is largely unavoidable in a sporty AWD car, but a more modern, direct injection engine might do better. All in all, I love this car.

Great Daily Driver

by from Boston on January 11, 2009

The R32 is amazing all round car. The tranny is great (smooth and quick shifting), its fairly powerful and fast considering its weight (the mid-range power is unreal), decent on gas (I usually range between 22-25 mpg per fill up), the exhaust note is out of this world, has AWD, it handles well, and its a looker (without looking over the top) with a pretty well stocked interior. But there are a few minor problems. 1. The tires aren't the best around, I've gone through 2 already and I've only had the car for a year. Avoid potholes at all cost, unless you have about $155 laying around. 2. The interior while it does look nice, there a few rattles here and there very once and a while. 3. It couldn't come in black. 4. You can never have enough power, the car could use it considering how heavy it is (about 3600 pounds). 5. The owner's manual is trash, it explains very little and is somewhat hard to understand at times.

Similar Models