2012 Routan

2012 Volkswagen Routan

2012 Volkswagen Routan

4.4

Have you driven the 2012 Volkswagen Routan?

Great car

by Family man from Carpentersville, IL on Sun Apr 14 2013

I bought this car for my wife. We drove the routan to Florida 3000 miles round trip with a 30.5 MPG (EXCELLENT). Enough power to take my family of six, with lugage thru the mountains in Tennese. The Routan drives like a car. Solid car and Its full of luxury details with a very smooth ride. Good job VW

Excellent Riding Minivan

by Routan Dad from Vestal, NY on Tue May 22 2012

We were looking for a vehicle with seating for five humans (+ 2 dogs) that would reliably fit all of us, as well as cargo when visiting family. The Routan has a wonderful ride, is tight. Other minivans we test-drove didn't feel to be as tight as the Routan. Surprisingly good fuel economy on our first long trip (over 27 MPG) with less than 1,000 miles on the engine. The vehicle, after two months of daily use is everything we hoped it would be. The kids love the RSE system and my wife is really happy with the 12 month trial of Sirius satellite radio. Great vehicle and well-worth a look if you want a good-riding, attractive van.

Sporty Outstanding Ride

by Vdub van from Katy, Texas on Mon Jun 11 2012

The Routan suspension and handling are by far the best we tested. No problems to report and enjoy the features and cargo capacity. Not every, Tom , Dick & Harry drives one so it is unique too.

Van that can get you in trouble

by Father of four from Yaphank, NY on Fri Jul 05 2013

The only way I can describe this van is sick fast. It comes with a 289 HP V-6 and takes off like a lightening bolt. It handles beautifully. The touch screen entertainment system is touch notch. We have the 28 gig hard drive and have already loaded a large variety of MP3s onto it. The only thing is it would be nice if the MP3 player could do playlists. Otherwise you are listening to folders, artists or albums. On the down side, we had to immediately replace the front brakes (under warranty), the rear wiper had to be tightened and had a front tire blow out without explanation, which wasn't covered under warranty. The removable seats are nice although I am going to see if I can put Chrysler's stow and go seats in somehow instead.

Routan

by connieci from kinnelon, nj 07405 on Wed Jul 26 2017

Great value. The interior is very roomy and comfortable. Has a lot of features in base model. DVD, Navigation at a reasonable price.

Beautiful and luxurious

by Kalynshea from AZ on Sat Jan 13 2018

This car has everything and it’s safe. It’s perfect for the kids and the parents. It’s great for road trips and just driving around town.

Most comfortable Minivan around

by cjpsy from Franklin, TN on Wed Apr 04 2018

I have loved this van. It's versatility is impressive. I can haul kids, equipment, furniture, and more. It has made for fun family road trips and kept me comfortable and safe while ferrying kids all over town. It has cup holders to spare and the sun roof makes it fun.

Excellent Traveling Vehicle

by ALschief from Anderson MO on Fri May 09 2014

This vehicle is much more than I expected. I did not know upon purchasing it was a Chrysler Product. Initially I was skeptical. It averages 27 MPG and have gotten up to 31 mpg Highway. It is very quiet when traveling. We have had 6 adults on board with plenty of room. No tire or service issues after 2 years. Sorry to see Volkswagen has dropped this vehicle from their lineup. Would purchase again. Excellent value and utility

Very Disappointed in Quality

by lorenzo from wareham, ma on Mon Jun 26 2017

I love the comfort of my 2012 Routan. Unfortunately at 3 years old I experience premature rust on my hood and roof. VF repaired this after a 3 month battle. Now a year later the frame to my sunroof has failed and water is seeping into the headliner and creating a musty smell. They want $1690 and a week to repair it. I paid nearly 40K for my car new and expected to have the car for a long time. I did not expect these quality problems with a VF. VF is telling me this repair is beyong the 3 year mfg warranty. I think it is time to Dump my VF. And run from this company that refuses to stand up for their product. They certainly are not the VF of years past! If vehicals are rusting and leaking in 3 and 4 years time, the company has some serious quality concerns to get their hands around.

Does not recommend this car!!

GAS MILAGE

by WANTED A VAN TYPE VEHICLE from TAVARES, FL on Sun Nov 04 2012

NOT VERY GOOD!! AVERAGE ONLY 18 MRP. MOTOR STEMS TO RUN FAST IN PARK, WITH MY FOOT ON THE BRAKE!! OTHER THAN THAT, VERY PLEASE WITH THE VAN.

Our Take on the 2012 Volkswagen Routan

As a young girl, I had unrealistic dreams of kicking conventionality and carting my future children around in a Volkswagen Bus. Now I'm an adult with two daughters, and I was more than happy to cart them around in the 2012 Volkswagen Routan minivan.

The 2012 Volkswagen Routan is no Bus; it's a modern family hauler that caters to parents with its versatility and safety features.

The Routan proudly wears the VW emblem on its grille. It's basically an upscale version of the Dodge Grand Caravan or Chrysler Town & Country. My family took the Routan on a road trip from Los Angeles to Arizona. Accelerating onto the highway felt effortless even when the Routan was filled to the brim with people and luggage... Read More