Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 6 reviews

Excellent Riding Minivan

by from Vestal, NY on May 22, 2012

We were looking for a vehicle with seating for five humans (+ 2 dogs) that would reliably fit all of us, as well as cargo when visiting family. The Routan has a wonderful ride, is tight. Other minivans we test-drove didn't feel to be as tight as the Routan. Surprisingly good fuel economy on our first long trip (over 27 MPG) with less than 1,000 miles on the engine. The vehicle, after two months of daily use is everything we hoped it would be. The kids love the RSE system and my wife is really happy with the 12 month trial of Sirius satellite radio. Great vehicle and well-worth a look if you want a good-riding, attractive van.

Sporty Outstanding Ride

by from Katy, Texas on June 11, 2012

The Routan suspension and handling are by far the best we tested. No problems to report and enjoy the features and cargo capacity. Not every, Tom , Dick & Harry drives one so it is unique too.

Great car

by from Carpentersville, IL on April 14, 2013

I bought this car for my wife. We drove the routan to Florida 3000 miles round trip with a 30.5 MPG (EXCELLENT). Enough power to take my family of six, with lugage thru the mountains in Tennese. The Routan drives like a car. Solid car and Its full of luxury details with a very smooth ride. Good job VW

Excellent Traveling Vehicle

by from Anderson MO on May 9, 2014

This vehicle is much more than I expected. I did not know upon purchasing it was a Chrysler Product. Initially I was skeptical. It averages 27 MPG and have gotten up to 31 mpg Highway. It is very quiet when traveling. We have had 6 adults on board with plenty of room. No tire or service issues after 2 years. Sorry to see Volkswagen has dropped this vehicle from their lineup. Would purchase again. Excellent value and utility

Van that can get you in trouble

by from Yaphank, NY on July 5, 2013

The only way I can describe this van is sick fast. It comes with a 289 HP V-6 and takes off like a lightening bolt. It handles beautifully. The touch screen entertainment system is touch notch. We have the 28 gig hard drive and have already loaded a large variety of MP3s onto it. The only thing is it would be nice if the MP3 player could do playlists. Otherwise you are listening to folders, artists or albums. On the down side, we had to immediately replace the front brakes (under warranty), the rear wiper had to be tightened and had a front tire blow out without explanation, which wasn't covered under warranty. The removable seats are nice although I am going to see if I can put Chrysler's stow and go seats in somehow instead.

GAS MILAGE

by from TAVARES, FL on November 4, 2012

NOT VERY GOOD!! AVERAGE ONLY 18 MRP. MOTOR STEMS TO RUN FAST IN PARK, WITH MY FOOT ON THE BRAKE!! OTHER THAN THAT, VERY PLEASE WITH THE VAN.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Volkswagen Routan