2010 Tiguan

4.3 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

Great driving car .. but sell it ASAP b4 warranty

by Was Volkwagen Fan from Toronto, Ontario, Canada on November 30, 2016

Obsessed maintenance & car owner for 5 years then failures galore!!! Timing Chain failure & valve crashes ($4 k cost) .. compression lost between engine block / trans ($1k) & finally Crank sensor failure ($5k). DO NOT BUY THIS CAR .. RUN AWAY. Think I'm exaggerating? .. do a Google / Youtube search .. unfortunately i did it too late.

Does not recommend this car!!

VW KING OF THE HILL and street

by Cranky, A.R. type from cleveland,ohio on August 28, 2010

Balance grasshopper, if what you desire is a incredible SUV go test drive a TIGUAN. Specifically, in my opinion, a Wolfsburg with AWD,18in wheels, sun roof, and mud-flaps/rubber floor mats as options, white with beige leatherette, cost 30 K. Quality gets a A, performance A, styling A, value A, yes I love this perfect size SUV. Why you might ask is this 50 yr old guy so crazy with this auto, VW's thought process is the answer. Have owned many autos over the years and quite a wide variety. VW has created a perfectly balanced SUV with a large pinch of fun. It's time VW brought back the old phrase FARFIGNEWGEIN!

Tiguan SUV - good product for the money

by Airmover from Seattle, WA on December 26, 2012

This is the second Tiguan that we have owned. The first was destroyed in an accident; a testimony to the safety features of the car. The two of us walked away with no long term injuries. Each one had the wide panoramic sky roof; I call it the Jurassic Park window for its view and adding the the riding enjoyment of the rear passengers. We like the size and AWD features for the class of car. The turbo charged engine has plenty of pep and the vision is good. The servicing of parts is well thought out and easy for the do it yourselfer. I would have rated the reliability higher but as a used car it has a couple of minor issues including a bad fuel pump and module issue that the dealer admitted was known but was going to work with us on the post warranty repair. There is also an issue with the back seat beverage holder that breaks and falls apart. More to come on this point. Otherwise we like the size and overall features of storage, drivability of the car and would buy another.

Great Car!

by Love my Tiguan from Cocoa, FL on June 21, 2010

I love just about everything about this car. I've only had it 3 months but so far it is great. I wish it got better gas mileage but it's pretty average for a small SUV. Also I don't like buying premium gas but that's what is recommended so I do it. Overall this car is wonderful.

Love my car!

by Lil' Tiggy from Indianapolis, IN on December 5, 2011

I was looking for a small SUV and I thought that I wanted a Honda CRV. I took one test drive in the CRV and was very underwhelmed. I hadn't even considered a Volkswagen as an option, but when my husband brought it up, we decided to drive by the VW dealership. We both fell in love with the Tiguan right away. We loved how it looked from the outside and inside, and once we drove it I fell in love with how it handles and the turbo engine. It has lots of features that I really like: panoramic sun roof, heated seats, bluetooth connectivity, 6 disc CD changer, Satelite radio compatible, USB connection, and controls on the stearing wheel. 2010 didn't have the navigation system, but I know later models do. The vehicle does require premium fuel, so it may not be the best option for someone looking to save on gas.

2010 Tiguan issues right from start

by VWnomore from Ontario on February 11, 2017

Bought 2010 Tiguan and in the first two years I had to replace door opener cable, gas lid opener, back door making noise as soon the engine is shut off, empty and replace coolant. More recent problems are MIL and EPC lights on with no clear diagnostics as to what is causing it (fuel injector?, RMS?, water pump? or something else that we do not know as yet). Lately, idling is jittery, engine is noisy and could feel misfire-like performance when revving up. Not to forget, it stalls sometimes. Looking for a service shop with a VW GURU somewhere in Ontario Canada?

Does not recommend this car!!

Tiguan is powerful and handles great!

by VW fanatic from Miami, FL on November 30, 2011

When the Tiguan first came out in 2009, I stayed away due to the high sticker price. But now that they are coming off lease, you can get a very good deal on a low mileage used one. I wanted an SE, which is the mid-range trim between the base S and the top-of-the-line (but way overpriced) SEL. The SE is harder to find, but well worth it due to the neat options included and the aluminum roof racks make the Tiguan SE look so much better than the S, which doesn't have any. My only regrets are: - VW did not add HD Radio (free over the air digital radio usually with commercial-free programming) until 2011, but you can buy an adaptor to receive these channels and the programming is amazingly good, at least in Miami. - Gas mileage is not that good, although it has been improved for 2012. All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase.

Love the Tiguan

by pickbisso from Ballston Spa, NY on March 15, 2010

I bought one for my wife about 6 months ago, and it is a great vehicle. The four-motion got her through the snow with no problem and it is good on gas milage. The vehicle is fun to drive and provides great visibility when you drive. The fun factor is high

VW Tiguan, 4Motion w/Leather

by VW fan :) from Chicago, IL on December 30, 2009

I am very happy with the car so far!!! I?ve only had it for about 2 weeks, so I can?t talk much about reliability, but so far ? very happy! While shopping I looked at Nissan Rogue, Honda CR-V, Rav4 and even Nissan Murano and at the end I?m very happy with my choice. Yes, it is a little more expensive than the average in the class, but it?s worth every penny to me. It handles wonderfully and responds fast. 4 Motions systems was able to handle the snow and rain EASILY (I mean I didn?t even notice any slippage). For me the size is perfect; don?t get it if you?re looking for a full size SUV for a big family. This is a compact SUV, so for a couple or a family with one child it?s perfect. I LOVE the interior! Honda CR-v with its handicap gear shift doesn?t stand a chance. The quality of materials is the nicest I?ve seen in the class. The design is clean and well thought through; all the controls feel right in place. Cruise control is a little different, but not too hard to figure out. Sunroof is amazing. I didn?t get the navigation, but it?s still cool to have the touch screen for all the radio controls! The only downside that I?ve experienced is gas mileage. But I was prepared for this one. I haven?t taken it on the highway for too long yet, but in the city I?ve been getting about 17-18 miles per gallon?. The seats are very comfortable to me and there is enough legroom in the back seats. I?m happy I didn?t get Rogue and Murano for their bubbly design too. Much better off going with German engineers?. I get a lot of compliments on the street! Das Auto.

i was a toyota girl

by former toyota only girl from Holliston, MA on January 31, 2010

I had only owned toyotas most of my life except for 1 time--my past 3 vehicles were toyotas that i put well over 100,000 miles on. when it came time to buy a new car I always thought I would get a Highlander. After driving one and putting a deposit down I had buyers remorse the next day--I did not love the car for the amount of money it would cost me. I did not care for the rav-4 look with the tire on the rear door and the sideways opening. I did want a smaller suv so I was forced to enter the world of other makes of cars. After looking at many brands I really liked the tiguan the best and thought it was the best vehicle for the money. after 8 weeks of ownership i am completely sold on this car and can say it has been great in our New England winter so far with the all wheel drive. The sunroof, although not really used yet, is incredible as it the handling. Check this vehicle out!

1 2 3