Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Tiguan

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan

4.4

Have You Driven the 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan?

Love my VW's

by VDUB GURL from Providence, Rhode Island on Thu Mar 29 2012

I've owned my Tiguan for 8 months now. It's a SE with navigation and panoramic roof. I traded in my 2008 Passat wagon for this vehicle. I have been driving VW's since I was 16 yrs old (wow, that's 40 years!) so I may be biased. I love all the features of my Tiguan...it's really easy for me to get in and out of as I am a amputee. Actually that was the main reason I went from my Passat to a SUV. It was a transition going from from my cushy Passat wagon to the Tiguan. Now, I have to say the only thing I miss is the trunk space. I took off the cover for the trunk in my Tiguan and it's much better. I love the 2.0 turbo...love that I can shift the automatic because I miss my manual shift. I use the auto hold when I'm in traffic..great feature. Even though I am an amputee I have no problems driving my Tiguan without special controls. Awesome vehicle!

The best Choice for Me

by SMD580 from Warwick, RI on Thu Oct 20 2011

I purchases a 2011 Tiguan SEL 4 Motion in June and Have been loving every minute of driving ever since. I first started test driving new SUV's last year, I waited almost a year and could not get the Tiguan out of my mind. When I thought of a new ride I thought of the Tiguan, When I thought of maybe settling and just getting a sedan I could not give up on the Tiguan. So I did not settle, I got a Tiguan and I LOVE it. This SUV has everything I wanted and a few I did not know I wanted but now LOVE (panoramic sunroof, back up camera) I test drove other small SUV and none could compare (for me) to the Tiguan. It has a nice solid smooth ride, easy to handle. Like I said before everything I wanted and more. It is great on the Highway as well as on city streets. The SEL comes equipped with Nav system which is very easy to use (never thought I would use one but I do) The Panoramic sunroof with the sun shade is great on those sunny days when you want the sunroof open but you do not want the sun beating down on you and also keep anything form falling in. The back up camera for parallel parking backing into parking spaces or on a friends LONG and winding driveway is great (never thought I needed it but sure am using it a lot). I never wanted a Big SUV so this fits the bill just big enough good storage (back seats can be moved six inches forward for more cargo space if you need it. It had key-less entry and Push button starter so you can keep your keys in your pocket or gym bag and open and start the car no more juggling shopping bags and looking for my keys. Just put you hand in the door handle and the door opens, Press you foot on the break and push the start and the car starts, hands free Bluetooth for the phone with access to you phone book is a plus, volume buttons on the steering wheel are great as well. Well I that is everything I can think of so, I hope this helps you, and good luck with your search.

VW TSI Engine WOW it kicks.

by Darek from Burbank IL on Sat Feb 12 2011

I got the VW Tiguan SEL and i love it. It might be pricey but you get what you pay for. The TSi 2.0 turbo engine is proven and it is the best powerplant that wolfsburg ever made. As far as gas milage people dont buy suv and look how much it burns. if you want a good MPG vechicle buy yourself a prius or whatever its called. I give this car a 5 plus.

Lovin' my Tiguan

by SeattleREGuy from on Tue Mar 01 2011

I've had Audi's, Volvo's, Honda's and they've all been nice cars but I'm really enjoying the Tiguan. It's my first SUV of any kind and it's GREAT! Comfortable, fun to drive, great handling and with the turbo no lack of power. Great interior finishes and plenty of room even for tall people in the back seat. I'm a happy guy with my Tiguan!!!

Just bought it but have questions...

by Ohionana from Ft. Worth, TX on Sun Apr 03 2016

Was needing an AWD to move from TX to CO. (retirement). Looked at MazdaCX5 and couldn't stop looking for a Tiguan. Just loved the look. Found a 2011 with only 25,,000 miles...sunroof, heated seats (nice for CO right) and nav. All the bells and whistles. Beautiful car, so for that I can give it a five. After reading all the reviews makes me scared of the little things that might go wrong? My question is .. I was told I don't HAVE to use Premium gas,, but..I want to do whats best. Can I get some answers on what you use and what you think? I traded in an Altima Coupe I was getting 24 mpg. Just interested in the gas you all use. Thank you.

2011 SEL

by DG from 60521 on Thu Jun 12 2014

I bought this car for my daughter with 11k on it. The bang for the buck is untouchable. I have found myself driving this myself a few times for errands. It drives like an AUDI and has everything anyone could want in a car. I wouldn't think twice about buying one again.

SUV with good fuel mileage,

by poppopgeo from Beaufort, SC on Sun Mar 13 2011

Love the styling and all the options. The panoramic sun roof is great and i love the Nav system, touch screen radio and heated seats. They are great on those chilly mornings. The fuel mileage is good for an Suv if you drive it sensibly yet it has impressive power on the highway with the six speed automatic and 2.0 turbo. Take one for a test drive and be as impressed as i am.

Great Car

by GeekyCarGuy from Lowell, MA on Sun Mar 25 2012

I've had the 2011 model for one month and I love it. The ride is very comfortable, but handling is still sporty. The 6 spd automatic transmission is very smooth. I have been averaging 26mpg in combined highway/city driving. The turbo charged engine is what separates this car from similar vehicles. There is some wind noise at highway speeds, but other than that I have no negatives for this car.

Enjoying the turbo charged engine

by Tina Tiguan from Cheyenne, WY on Mon Nov 28 2011

The only thing I do not like about my Tiguan is the rear doors always lock and have to be manually opened by the driver or by the power lock. If I jump out of the car quickly, the rear passengers are not able to readily open their doors without manually using the power lock. This is when the childlock feature is turned off! In every other car I have ever driven, all doors unlocked when the car was put in park.

First SUV

by VW Faithful from Berkeley, CA on Wed Mar 30 2011

I leased my Tiguan a few months ago, and I really enjoy it. The build quality is excellent, the features are impressive and I love the style. Best features, being able to open the panoramic sunroof and close the sunscreen, open air, but no blinding sun. I also like that I can fold the front seat flat, so I can haul around long items. Purchased the car for work, and it's meeting my expectations. I wish for a manual transmission with all the bells and whistles, or even the DSG transmission. Also wish for a TDI engine, but not until the next model cycle. All in all, I'm very pleased!

1 2 3 4 5 6