2014 Tiguan

4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Top 3 Most fun cars I've owned

by Performance Type from South Florida on January 23, 2014

Tiguan SE I love this little SUV. I spent long hours on the road so I needed something confortable, while also a good power delivery and agile handling. So I basically needed a sedan/coupe, EXCEPT, due to the nature of my job, I needed a higher ground clearance. This is literally the ONLY vehicle (in its price range) that checked every one of those boxes. Compared with its direct competition Rav4, CR-V, etc. The one thing I have to point out that it is specially the most bang for dollar for someone who is performance oriented. If you are the "point A to point B" kind of person. You may find the other ones more fitting (better mileage, extra standard features, etc). My only con is that I've been hearing this little 'click' noise coming from the transmission or perhaps the differential. I already had their tech look into it without any findings. But the one I test drove didn't make this noise. Unfortunately this one does and it's been doing it from day one. So just make sure you test drive the one you will be taking home. That's all.

I love this car

by Middleaged Mom from Chattanooga TN on August 23, 2014

I have driven this car for the past five months and can honestly say I started looking for places to drive after the first trip around the block. I'm a middle-aged woman with grown children and the only negative I can think of is maybe the Tiguan would not be roomy enough for a large growing family. I have the SEL with backup camera, navigation and Fender speakers and love it. It is so fun to drive! The steering is precise, great brakes and I can blow most any other vehicle off the entrance ramp to the interstate. The interior is well appointed but easy to figure out. (I had an Audi Q5 a few years ago and never figured out how to set the clock) The Tiguan is not cheap, but it is well worth the price.

2 VW's

by TouaregLover from Denver, CO on June 2, 2014

I've owned the Touareg, it was a good car so bought a base 14 Tiguan, and this little car does pretty good. It handles well, gets better than advertised MPG in city and highway. It can be better at acceleration from the stop, and electric seats should be standard. Great car for the value, especially in Colorado or anywhere it snows.

2014 Tiguan @ 40k

by T.J. from Easton, PA on May 27, 2017

I purchased a 2014 Tiguan for around 14k and I love this car! I traded in my truck so having all the accessories is like night and day. The only downside is trunk space but then I found out you can slide the rear seats forward for more space! Gotta love the germans.

I'm in love with my Tiguan

by Tootoo from Montreal on October 3, 2014

I've owned a Tiguan since 2012 and I really love this cars..I 'm planing to buy another Tiguan for my wife :) thanks Das Auto

2014 VW Tiguan S 4motion is super

by Richard Qiu from Akron, OH on March 29, 2017

Just go the car. We test drove a couple of cars, like Jeep, Ford, Nissan. None of them are close to the driving experience that Tiguan offered. It is super smooth on the road with enough power. 4WD is great with snow conditions.

Excellent replacement for the VW Jetta we had

by James J from Geneva, Il on November 17, 2017

We replaced a 2006 VW Jetta which had 137,000 miles on it. That had very few problems over the years but we recently replaced the air conditioning compressor and associated parts. We liked it so much we traded for a 2014 Tiguan. We've only driven it 2000 miles since purchase but as a certified VW pre-owned with 30,000 miles it looked and drove absolutely new. Love the features, especially the GPS. Would definitely get it with plenty of options that make it seem like a luxury car at a fraction of the price. So far so good!

Awesome Car!

by Kevwheels220 from Fremont, CA on July 19, 2017

The Tiguan is a real gem! It is comfortable, peppy, and a real blast to drive. I really love the flexibility that the Tiguan has to offer. It is great for commuting, going to the grocery store, chores, and that summer camping trip. For a compact SUV, the Volkswagen Tiguan deserves your consideration.

2014 Tiguan R

by Orimai from Denver, CO on December 21, 2013

We absolutely love this car. We looked at a new Toyota Rav4 Limited before we decided to finally purchase the Tiguan R. The Tiguan has a fantastic ride and it handles like a dream; typical VW handling makes it a blast for commute or long hauls. I have seen a lot of reviews about the nav being complicated, it's not at all once you get your hands on it. The interior is much higher quality than the Toyota and much higher quality materials/construction. The Tiguan is also much much quieter on the inside than the Rav which has a terrible amount of road/tire noise which made the Rav ride cheap. Everything is spot on and we will have this car for years to come. The only con I can even think of is the gas mileage. It is not all that great. We drive mostly on the highway and only get about 250-300 miles per tank. I'd rather pay that small amount in gas every year then deal with Toyota's's pokey, low quality and noisy Rav 4. Did I mention the turbocharged engine in the Tiguan polishes off the fun?

Lots of money but worth it

by buyingconstant7 from Alberta Canada on December 6, 2013

We bought a 2014 Tiguan SEL with the R-Line package for $40,000. That is a lot for a small SUV especially considering it doesn't have navigation or a backup camera as standard or a large trunk. Stability control also cant be defeated, traction control can though. However, despite these negative points, the Tiguan is a sold CUV, one of the best, thats why we chose it. Its handling is better than an 2014 Escapes but not as good as a CX-5. The rear leg room is also better than the Escapes. The rear trunk room is a bit small but at least it is very well lined. The engine feels very peppy, sounds throaty, and return OK mpg (I get 23 combined). Interior is fantastic with high quality materials, good features, and high levels of fit and finish. The tiguan suited our needs best. We need a clever AWD system(2nd best system next to the Forester), good quality interior, fun to drive, reliable, stylish. This has fit the bill like nothing Ford, Mazda, Toyota etc. could give us. Thank-you Volkswagen!

1 2 3 4 5