2015 Tiguan

2015 Volkswagen Tiguan

2015 Volkswagen Tiguan

Have You Driven the 2015 Volkswagen Tiguan?

Style, performance, and VW quality

by Claire K from PA on Sun Jun 18 2017

We recently upgraded to a 2015 Tiguan SEL from a 2011 Jetta SEL, primarily for all-wheel drive and extra interior space for our growing family. We are longtime Volkswagen owners, and sitting behind the wheel of this Tiguan for the first time gave me the sense of familiarity that I have always loved from VWs. We were really pleased to discover that improvements were made to the dash and interior design where necessary, but that Volkswagen has otherwise remained true to the clean, uncluttered interiors its vehicles have always had. The drive is smooth and responsive, and the car feels solid (which cannot be said for all vehicles in this size range). It has plenty of trunk space, and its back seats fold in creative ways that maximize cargo space when needed. The panoramic sunroof brings in a great amount of light, and feels almost like driving a convertible. We are extremely happy with this purchase, and it has only solidified our loyalty to Volkswagen in the future!

Love it!

by MDrew from St. Petersburg on Sun Sep 10 2017

The seat is so comfortable. I have test drove several cars and the seats were not very comfortable this was the first car that fit my body style.

2015 VW Tiguan

by Outdoor Fishing Buddy from Southeast Michigan on Mon Sep 18 2017

Everything else is good except for the trunk space. Too small. But not everyone needs trunk space. The engine is peppy as it is a 2L Turbo.

out of 5 starsReliability

Compact Sport SUV with Porsche DNA

by If it has wheels or wings I will race it! from Las Vegas, NV on Fri Jun 03 2016

Haven't owned an SUV since the kids went off to college, but needed one for occasional use. This car feels incredibly sporty; I am certain that it must share some design parts or at least design philosophy with the Porsche Cayenne! Remember that VW is the parent company of Porsche and Audi. The steering is responsive and the handling is great in corners. The turbo 2.0 liter has a short lag, but after a half a second, look out! It accelerates better than many of the older sports cars I have owned over the years with bigger engines- although not as fast as my BMW 335i twin turbo, but you get the point. A little compact in the seating area, but plenty of cargo space and easy to park, with minimal overhang. Cargo tie-downs are thoughtfully placed. Good visibility, all quadrants. Installed a Class 3 trailer hitch and pulled my motorcycle cross country without a problem, although gas mileage dropped from over 30 to 24 or 25 mpg. Would strongly recommend to my friends to buy one, and may go back myself to get a Toureg next if I decide I need a bigger SUV.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great value. Great ride.

by Xyzmark from Plainfield, IL on Fri Mar 09 2018

This is the best driving and handaling vehicle we drove in it’s class. And we drove a bunch before make our decision to buy the VW.

My third Tiguan

by Sawbuzz from East Haven, CT on Sat Feb 24 2018

I have averaged over 120.000 miles on my first two Tiguans, I intend to do the same with this one. Great car for road trips.

Perfect fit!

by Westtoeast from Seattle on Sat Apr 21 2018

This car has met all the criteria I wanted in a vehicle. Most of all, the quality and value for the price is more than expected. I picked up my car and road tripped 5,000 miles across country without a single problem. I have zero regrets and we recommend it to everyone!

This is the second Tiguan I have owned.

by Siggy from Easton, PA on Tue Nov 21 2017

This car is very comfortable both in front and back. Very reliable. I liked the style, handling, and everything about it. Did I mention it also has AWD.

You get a lot for the price

by HeatherC from on Wed Mar 01 2017

I have had my vw for almost a year now and I love it. It is quick, perfect size, and has tight steering. I definitely enjoy driving it and it has so far been reliable.

Surprisingly fun to drive for an economy SUV.

by Mloflorida from on Sat Jun 24 2017

Accustomed to driving BMWs and Mercedes I needed a mommy car and something that was good on gas. I've been very happy with this vehicle. It's simple classic styling make it look timeless and contemporary at the same time. The turbo gives you enough get up and go to get in and out of any situation on the road.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2015 Volkswagen Tiguan

Forward-thinking features and a 2009-era premium interior help the 2015 Volkswagen Tiguan survive, but its high price is hard to justify now that competitors have caught and surpassed it.

This model year sees the discontinuation of the Tiguan's base manual transmission and the addition of a backup camera and touch-screen radio as standard equipment. See the 2015 and 2014 models compared side-by-side here.

As we'll examine below, the Tiguan is arguably a compact SUV, though it's always been a bit smaller than most. It's roomier than most subcompact SUVs, a class that's presently doubling in size, but with a starting price of $27,120 the Tiguan undeniably rivals larger models... Read More