2023 Volkswagen Tiguan consumer reviews

• Exterior 4.4
Explore the 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan
Shop the 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan
2.0

Cheated out of Blind spot monitoring

The car was sopposed to have blindspot monitoring, lane assist change assist and other some other tech. Volkswagen instead cheated its customers by not including that and blaming it on the chip shortage. Verify window sticker. Other than that the car rides smooth. I am at 5,000miles without issues with powertrain or cabin.

4.0

Nice vehicle, but!

Nice riding vehicle EXCEPT it has a hesitation issue when you step on the gas from a standstill. Happens most when the "stop/start" is active, less when you turn it off but it still hesitates. Dealer has no answer other than it is normal and we can't find anything. Others have voiced same concern, recall?

Awesome service!

Matt at Ganley Volkswagen was wonderful to work with and we negotiated our lease in a very efficient matter. We are a repeat customer and will keep coming back!

Great vehicle for every day use.

I really liked this car, the car is easy to control, accelerates quickly when compared with others. Comfortable and plenty of space inside. I moved from a KIA sedan, and I can say that you get used to the dimensions of the car very easily and quickly. And compared to the KIA, the build quality of the car is felt, and that it is made of metal.

4.0

VW loyalist let down.

We purchased the Tiguan new when our car died on vacation. After a short test drive the vehicle had all the technology and safety features we wanted, decent ride and acceleration. The first full day of driving was a six hour trip across Tennessee, I could not find a comfortable seat position, my legs started getting numb and later after stopping had leg cramps. The next two days we traveled to Colorado, it was the worst trip ever. My wife is under five feet tall , there was no way she could safely operate that automobile. Access for anyone under five feet is difficult. I can not understand how crossovers are supposed to be good for seniors. The Tiguan may be a good grocery mobile but it is the worst vehicle I have driven on an extended trip. We have driven everything from classic cars, coupes to sedans to SUVs or Pickup trucks on this route without complaint. We traded back into a sedan (Volvo S90) knowing we were taking a huge hit on the deal. We have owned multiple VWs , the Tiguan has left us disappointed.

Not Really Second Best

We wanted a Audi Q3 but all the dealers in the state had only loaded models. Being in our 70's, we weren't interested in technology, appearance, performance, or off-road add-on packages. The Tiguan SEL-R has all the features we want that a Q3 Premium Plus has. Sure, the Tiguan won't match the Q3's performance or looks. but it is close enough. And it has more interior room than a Q5.

Great price, luxury features

Traded in a Volvo for my Tiguan because of the SEL R features matched the features I loved on my Volvo. It’s very comfortable, has great pick up and love my large moon roof! Love that it is an air cooled engine and gets great gas mileage. Overall, great car!

Love the fender sound system in the SEL!

You need to get the SEL for the Fender sound system if you like your ears at all! All the other SEL goodies are awesome. Mine came without the capacitive touch control steering wheel removed and that is okay with me did not that anyway

Love my car

I love my car, I needed a small SUV, but didn't need to go car poor with too many add ons. I didn't settle at all with this car.

Amazing SEL R line!

What an amazing vehicle! Love the exterior, love the interior, comfortable and solid as a brick on the road. Quiet and nice ride with that feeling you only get in a German vehicle! Engine has more than enough power to do everything I need and did I mention 27mpg fuel economy! Awesome vehicle for the money.