2004 Touareg

2004 Volkswagen Touareg

$936 - $10,684  MSRP Range
2004 Volkswagen Touareg

4.0

Have You Driven the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg?

Where do I begin

by zoftigone from Stamford, CT on Mon Jan 30 2012

I am a previous owner of a BMW Z3 as well as Jaguar X-Type and all I say each day that I get in my car is how much i've been missing out! This vehicle is amazing!! I definitely made a great choice! I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone especially women. Not to be condescending but I am not well versed on cars and it helps to have a car that tells you what is wrong exactly or remind you to refuel or add wiper fluid.. I am not saying other cars do not do this. It is the way it's done... I really love this car!!!! the only drawback is the gas... if you can fill your tank before it is less than a half tank then you will not notice the high cost however, if you are reminded to refuel as I was once, it will cost you around $80... If you can look past this, it drives seriously like a plane.. pure luxury and it does not hurt that it is a nice looking vehicle.

VW Touareg Quite Reliable

by Chunkie from Houston, TX on Mon Apr 16 2012

The Touareg is an outstanding vehicle to bob around in. I have actually driven from Houston Texas to Toronto Canada with my 2004 Touareg V8. Very responsive driving and handling in the rain, ice-slush, hail storm or sunny day. Not for the average "soccer mom" though. Not for getting groceries at the local Wal-Mart. Acceleration is exhilirating on the interstate...watch out for the cops though..!

V10 TDI

by Mtflyfisher from Missoula, Montana on Mon Aug 27 2012

Amazing vehicle. We got it to replace two vehicles, A V-8 Tundra 4X4 and a Highlander Hybrid. Perfect SUV for Montana. Great power and gas milage, off road capable, ample trailer towing torque, Very comfortable in the cabin, luxurious really. Fun to drive...amazing vehicle.

Its very reliable

by Vic from Greenville on Sat Mar 31 2018

It has enough room that I was looking for. Love the heated seats. Love how the back seats fold all the way down. There plenty of room in the back to put sruff.

best car i ever owned

by Yaschic from mount rainier on Sat Oct 21 2017

this car was one of my first luxury car , and for be a luxury car it has the best price range ever, i loved it and im looking forward to buy another one

Outstanding Vehicle-Except for Maintenance Issues

by SUV Lover from Cincinnati, OH on Sun Feb 11 2007

This car looks great inside and out and is a pleasure to drive. My issue has been the number of times that I've had to have it in for service--several recalls, squeaking breaks, broken strut on the hatch, broken differential motor, broken automatic truck latch motor...I love to drive it, but I think I got a lemon.

A most impressive SUV

by Touareg Fan from Edison, NJ on Sun Feb 24 2008

The Touareg is simply a most amazing and impressive SUV. It is solid, powerful, safe and has amazing power and torque with the 310HP V8 engine. The car handles very well with no body roll. VW is known for their top-notch interiors. They have outdone themselves in the Touareg. In fact the Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 are built on the Touareg's platform. To see how much better the Touareg's interior is, just go sit in a Cayenne for comparison sake. Fit & finish and quality of materials in Touareg put Mercedes Benz to shame. Fuel economy like all SUV's is nothing to write home about. That has made the Touareg quite a bargain in the used market.

The Best SUV ever!

by VW lover from Washington D.C. on Thu Jul 19 2012

I have owned a Range Rover, a BMW x5 and I currently have a Chevy Tahoe, and I will say for the money the Touareg wins hands down, it has the luxury and refinement of the Range Rover (Maybe a little louder and a bit harsher ride) but darn close. In sport mode, the 4.2L engine with the air ride gives the x5 a run for its money, at a much cheaper price. The interior quality i a bit cheap, I definitely would have to say that, but i bought the European switches online and I have had no problems since. I have had the vehicle serviced every 5 thousand miles (typically 10k) I like to keep on top of the maintenance of my European cars, as I know just missing one can kill them. I have to say my chevy is MUCH larger inside and out, but I really dont get much more passenger room, only cargo and the towing capacity is about the same. Honestly I cannot say enough good things about this vehicle. The Touareg is a good looking, fast, luxurious, well built, addictive vehicle that is as good on road as it is off road (Moab 2011) and frankly I would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury SUV.

High Expectations met!

by Family Man from Gresham, OR on Sun May 03 2009

The Touareg seemed like a "too-good to be true" risk when I first purchased it, but it has lived up to expectations! It handles so great, which I did not expect because it's so solid in the frame, but the elctronic monoriting system really makes cornering at high speeds easy and fluid. It is also great knowing all the safety features on the vehicle when I'm driving my family around, you can just feel how solid the car is when you drive it. Great acceleration, V6 does a great job, again something I was not expecting and had my doubts about it. Looking back, I just wished that I had bought used, the price was a bit overwhelming off the lot. But for a vehicle this luxurious, I understand why.

Amazing design and such a pleasure to drive!!

by Safety guy from New York, NY on Fri Apr 13 2007

Probably the best car I have ever driven. It handles better than any other SUV I have driven and this is coming from someone who works for the DOT! Safety is the best in its class!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2004 Volkswagen Touareg

Diesel's troubled trip
VW's Touareg is a huge step forward for the technology, but will Americans ever buy in?

SOMETIME during the night of Sept. 29, 1913, aboard the steamer Dresden, Rudolph Diesel, age 55, slipped out of his overcoat and into the English Channel. His body was found 10 days later.

The inventor of the engine that bears his name had a Homburg hat full of troubles. He was broke. He suffered crippling headaches - the common cold of fin de siecle Europe.

And he was disillusioned. Diesel, a pacifist and utopian idealist, had hoped his engine, powered by renewable vegetable oils - biodiesel, we call it today - would give the common farmer and tradesman a source of great power to... Read More