2011 Volkswagen Touareg

Love my VW Touareg

by from Berlin, CT on August 21, 2017

I love how my Touareg handles in the snow. The size is just right, big enough, but not too big. Drives wonderfully and I have no issues with it other than regular maintenance. Very happy with this vehicle.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Best highway cruiser.

by from Bay Area, CA and Piedmont-Triad, NC on May 24, 2017

Being 6' 4", few midsize SUVs, or any car for that matter, are comfortable for long trips. The Touareg is amazingly planted anywhere it goes, and can be extremely fuel efficient. Setting the cruise control between 72 and 78 will easily yield north of 30MPG on the highway - of course depending on payload. With a large, twenty-six gallon fuel tank, one can expect a cruising range of over 700 miles before having to stop for a refuel. For a 2011 model, the technology and amenities are far beyond what would be considered to be standard - the large LCD display mounted between the tachometer and the speedometer displays very useful information about the car, navigation guidance, and other infotainment statues. The navigation is rather robotic, and could use an update, but spending the money to upgrade the system seems non-cost effective with the advent of GoogleMaps and the like. The cargo area can be cavernous when needed, and the seats fold down with the flip of a switch. I am very curious to see how the TDI emissions scandal will affect the performance of my car, as I will be opting to bring the vehicle to emission compliance, rather than selling it back or trading it in. But for now, I will continue to be extremely pleased with my Touareg!

TDI Mileage Camp

by from Bellevue WA on January 21, 2016

This is a heavy quiet SUV and have the LUX model. Got 27.8 MPG on the highway with an average speed of 78 MPH. Car is quiet and drives with a firm solid feel. Gas prices will go up and this SUV still averages 23MPG around town. Bought the SUV with a burned out tail light and that was the only thing I have done to the car in 4000 miles of driving to date.

Best vehicle I've ever owned

by from NY, NY on April 21, 2014

Just absolutely love driving my Touareg TDI. Speedy acceleration, great handling and awesome torque. Looks great inside and out, seats are the most comfortable I've owned.

One of the coolest SUVs I've owned

by from Raleigh, NC on April 7, 2014

The 2011 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive is one awesome car. First it gets amazing gas mileage for size, weight and performance. Second, it's decked out with tons of options, hard disk drive, SD-card slots, navigation, Voice control, satellite radio, keyless ignition, etc. Third, the off-road capability is perfect for driving on the beach, off-road trails, or through deep snow in the mountains. This is one of the last true SUVs on the market. All of the unibody SUV impersonators cannot perform like this vehicle. I'm talking about the Mercedes M-Class, BMW X5, Toyota and Honda fake SUVs, Ford Explorer, etc.

wrong price on cars.com

by from on October 13, 2013

wrong price on cars.com, they lower their price on cars.com by $10k!!!!!!!! I wont recommend this dealer, they lie!

Best SUV out there!!!

by from Hacienda Heights, CA on August 15, 2013

I bought my Touareg TDI on 2011, its such a great car it got the power when u need it and the sporty look plus the sport suspension~ I have the diesel model which give me 22 local and 29 mpg on highway with me going at 80mph. And the AWD system is just so awesome! Can u believe a road is full of snow that's around 10 inch deep without a snow chain and the car still pull u though without a problem?? The Touareg can do it just as easy!

best suv i have driven

by from new york on February 19, 2013

only bad thing its the radio need more power,its have a lack of power but after push the gas pedal it just disappear

Excellent but too early to tell

by from WI on December 18, 2011

We searched for this vehicle and found an excellent model. Very happy so far. Have placed Blizzex tires on it but alas, no snow yet so can't comment how it will perform in winter conditions.

2011 Touareg LUX TDI

by from Oregon on December 9, 2011

Awesome vehicle - best I have ever owned. Diesel getting better than expected mileage. Lots of power and smooth ride for an SUV. No issues in 4000 miles so far. Sold my Audi Q5 to get this - good decision.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Volkswagen Touareg