2005 Volvo S 60

Best car I've ever owned

by from Lubbock, Texas on September 6, 2017

This car is exactly what I've been wanting. Its extremely reliable and comfortable. It's also the most prettiest car I've ever owned

Best Car I haved owned

by from Encinitas on August 14, 2017

This is a perfect commute or travel car. Very comfortable interior, great for long drives. Solid turbo engine.

Swedish Money Pit

by from D/FW, Texas on March 27, 2014

After being T-boned in a smaller car in 2010, I told myself, "I need to get a Volvo." Had a Ford Fusion for three years, sold it and found a great looking S80 from an independent dealer in D/FW. No problems during the test drive, but the engine mounts were faulty and that cost me $500 the first week. I then had front end issues and spoke to a European repair garage about the issues I was having. His quote, "you've just beginning to pour money into this thing" was all the proof I needed. Sold it at a $400 loss and grateful to be rid of it. Great car to lease while under factory warranty- horrible car to own and rebuild as components fail.

THE WORST PIECE OF JUNK EVER

by from Pennsylvania on May 29, 2013

This car is the definition of awful, unsafe, and junk. I bought this car and within a week the radiator had to be replaced along with the starter. Then the interior started to fall apart with the rear door handle breaking off, and the dashboard pieces are rattling all the time. Then the sunroof began to leak along with a problem with the seat belt for the passenger seat. I took it to a volvo dealer and they were charging and outrageous amount to fix it. I'm glad this isn't our primary car, I drive a Jeep and it is rock solid for reliability and this volvo, even as a third car has been awful.

Great car with severe problems

by from on April 1, 2012

Replaced entire fuel system immediately after purchase. Was in the local Volvo dealership for 3 months due to them being unable to find root cause of problem. New tires every 15,000 miles. If you can get all the bugs worked out the car is phenomenal. Handles great, very fast. Exceptionally fun to drive. But mechanically it was a nightmare to keep on the road. Every month something new had to be replaced or fixed. If you have the means or the desire to keep it running; it is definitely worth buying. If you want reliability, buy something else.

S60 AWD

by from Michigan on January 9, 2012

Bought the vehicle used only a few months ago. And I knew what I was getting myself into with the repairs and costs involved. The one thing I was shocked over was the terrible fuel economy? I know its an AWD but still! I'm lucky to average 19mpg combined city and Hwy. I live 20 miles from work and 85-90% of that is expressway. The car rides pretty rough and the fuel economy is not that great but overall, its a good vehicle. Don't buy one with over 100K unless the timing belt and water pump has been replaced.

The Safest Car On The Road

by from Kintnersville, PA on December 19, 2011

Bought it used with 29K miles on it. Had an accident--was hit from behind by a guy in a Ford Focus doing about 40 MPH. The entire hood on his car was crushed up to the windshield. The only damage to the Volvo was that the rear bumper was damaged. About 3600.00 to repair. I barely felt the hit. The car handles well on curves and is decent on gas (5 cyl). I get about 24 mpg average. Maintanence is expensive, however one only has to change the oil on the Volvo every 5K miles, rather than 3K. I will never drive anything other my Swedish-made baby!

needs some attention

by from Atlanta on November 23, 2011

S60 R 2005. Not to be confused with the S60T! There are many great points about this car. Speed and looks Service is not one. Zenon head lights replaced 2 times in 60K miles. all 4 of our Cars have Zenon lights and some in 100 K miles have never seen new lights. Struts on both fronts have been replaced. One for a cracked bushing and second for a broke wire that sends chassis info to electronic suspension adjustments. InteriorLeather is blue maybe natural brown is better. The blue is fading off cracking and It ha been treated with Leather traetments that have been used on all of our other cars.

Best car Ive owned

by from on October 5, 2011

Ive got an 04 S60 2.5T I love it. Its a very fun car to drive and very reliable. I took it on a 500 mile trip and averaged 33mpg

Great!!!!!!

by from Connecticut on August 9, 2011

This is a great piece of mechine in its class, like no other. I have a volvo S60 R. Men!!!, this mechine has the greatest take-off speed, the handling is phenominal, spectacular... In all, I will say, "it is one of the best moving mechines out there, if not the best". Its better as well as faster than Honda Accord, Toyota camry, Nissan Maximas, Infinity M35s, I35s and all the G series. It is what people call, "the Sleeper", or "the wolf in a sheep's clothes". As it is with speed, so it is with being durable, reliable, safe and it is easy to drive.